PDA

View Full Version : Kender Demonlord?

Hawkings
2011-10-29, 11:34 PM
For an upcoming game a friend and I agreed to play a couple of Kenders, instead of the typical rogue I thought a demon/devil summoner would be an interesting twist, I’ve seen some prc like malconvoker, demonologist (BoVD) and keeper (from complete drow), I don’t know anything about binders though I’ve heard them mentioned as summoners.

What I’m wondering is if this is a good idea, if anyone has any experience with this type of class and a possible link to a thread that undoubtedly covered this concept in detail.
The DM is very open minded and lenient towards good character flavor so I should be able to get away with a reasonable degree of odd and improbable builds. (It is a Kender after all)

Benefits would be if I could also heal or buff, since no one ever wants to be party healer, and if the demons can tank that’d be cool too. Also being able to use utility spells would be nice since for some reason everyone wants to be a rogue/ninja this time around and I’m trying to figure out a way to stop the Rogue, Ninja and Rogue from TPK due to compositional over specialization. D:<

Any and all help appreciated.

edit: probably should mention we're starting at level 5.

HunterOfJello
2011-10-30, 05:53 AM
Malconvoker might work. They're a good aligned PrC that summons evil beings to fight for them. The idea behind it is that the forces of heaven are small compared to hell and the abyss, so if a person is going to summon something to send it to slaughter they might as well summon something evil instead of good. They do have to use bluff on the demon/devil to trick them into fighting for them though.

Malconvokers are for players who like to use the Summon Monster and Planar Binding spell lines. The PrC eventually leads to the PC gaining summons that last twice as long, summon stronger monsters, and summon more monsters than usual.

I'm not fully versed in the specifics about kenders. Do they always tell the truth no matter what? Or is it that they're just crazy borrower people that are always good-aligned?

~

Most other demon summoning PrCs are for evil characters and therefore not really Kender appropriate. Also, Binders are great at summoning but don't get the abilities to do it until a higher level. They also require several online vestiges from the WoTC website to be able to do it iirc.

Runestar
2011-10-30, 06:30 AM
Binding zercyll the starspawn lets you use summon monster once every 5 rounds, though with the pseudonatural template. He is a 6th lv vestige, and so may be bound only at lv12 (or lv10 with improved binding).

Before then, you will have to make do with other roles. The beauty of the binder is that you can anything you want to be (just not all at the same time). :smallbiggrin:

Coidzor
2011-10-30, 06:33 AM
Improbable builds? :smallconfused: You mean bad ones? Why would you want to deliberately build bad?

Just take Malconvoker. Better at summoning demons than demon cultists.

Or Shadowcraft Mage, I suppose, then you can do everything better than everyone with illusions that have a greater effect if you save against them to realize they're illusions.