PDA

View Full Version : Naval Combat

Saveducks
2011-10-30, 01:43 AM
I've recently thought of running a campaign that will involve a bit of naval combat. The basic premise is Noahs Arc except the main diety has decided not to put all his eggs in one basket. The last ship standing in this watery land will be the fathers of the new human race and the captian of the ship will recieve minor godhood.
Important Stuff: Im looking for a good ship-to-ship combat system something simple enough that it doesnt take to long to explain but is more in depth than just roll a d20 and add profession ship combat. The technology will be pirate era (I can't remember the official era name), and the system is D&D.

hamishspence
2011-10-30, 07:08 AM
Arms & Equipment Guide (3.0) has the basic rules for ships, Stormwrack (3.5) updates some, and has a combat system.

Dazdya
2011-10-30, 07:29 AM
The 2nd edition handbook "Pirates of the fallen stars" had a system that, though not perfect, was designed with simplicity in mind. I would suggest looking at that.

Dr Bwaa
2011-10-30, 05:40 PM
As has been mentioned, Stormwrack is a good place to go. My personal advice is to just make sure that no one has access to the Control Water spell. In my experience (as a player and DM), it serves only to bog down the game interminably while everyone wonders what the consequences of their actions are.

DrBurr
2011-10-30, 05:47 PM
Which Edition of Dungeons & Dragons?

Saveducks
2011-10-30, 09:12 PM
Which Edition of Dungeons & Dragons?

The version is 3.5

DrBurr
2011-10-30, 09:19 PM
I would agree with Hamishspence then with Stormwrack