PDA

View Full Version : Make a cleric, or possibly something else...

enderlord99
2011-10-30, 03:31 PM
Specifically, this character follows the tenets of a large number of Good-aligned religions/churches simultaneously. He is (or possibly was) human. Divine casting ability is preferred, and the character's alignment must be good and non-chaotic. Other details are up to you.

sirpercival
2011-10-30, 03:35 PM
What's the setting? This seems made for Sovereign Speaker.

Hirax
2011-10-30, 03:41 PM
Uh, anything?
Cloistered cleric3/church inquisitor4/prestige paladin3/contemplative6

Be a lesser aasimar. They're humans, but with stat bumps to wisdom and charisma.

enderlord99
2011-10-30, 04:14 PM
You choose the setting, but remember that the character follows tons of religions at the SAME TIME. The build should emphasize that.

Hirax
2011-10-30, 04:19 PM
That's why I figured church inquisitor was perfect; this one is out to root out corruption from every church in town. You could ditch contemplative for paragnostic apostle I suppose, the paragnostic assembly is sort of what you're looking for. Sort of.

sirpercival
2011-10-30, 04:22 PM
So, then, Sovereign Speaker is exactly what you want. What else do you want for the build?

Melee: Crusader 8/Divine Crusader 3/Sovereign Speaker 9
Casting: Cloistered Cleric 11/Sovereign Speaker 9
Ultimate Domain Access: Elf Cloistered Cleric 3/Church Inquisitor 2/Sovereign Speaker 9/Divine Oracle 1/Contemplative 1/Seeker of the Misty Isle 1/Rainbow Servant 1/Warpriest 1/Holt Warden 1

flabort
2011-10-30, 04:34 PM
I'm currently playing a character in a PbP who's a cleric of as many gods as possible (for a good aligned character).

Spontaneous + Smite Evil variants. Healing + Strength domains.
Otherwise he's just a 6th level cleric.

I chose spontaneous, because he doesn't prepare his prayers: He calls out whoever may listen, and the god(s) of any (good) religion(s) answer.
I picked the Smite variant, because I don't know If I'll be facing undead (probably won't), and he's a good guy, who seeks to eradicate evil.

I did NOT choose the cloistered variant, because I intend to play him like a paladin: A traveling man of the cloth, with a lot of physical training, who's role is to eradicate evil. I could have taken cloistered, but I'd lose BaB + HP for one additional spell/level per day.
And saying he's a cleric of MANY gods let me choose ANY domain I wanted.

Obviously I'm not the best at TO, but that's not why I made the character.

Any ways, that's why I'd recommend the Spontaneous Divine variant for this concept, because I used it to realize the same/a similar concept.

enderlord99
2011-10-30, 05:06 PM
I'm currently playing a character in a PbP who's a cleric of as many gods as possible (for a good aligned character).

Spontaneous + Smite Evil variants. Healing + Strength domains.
Otherwise he's just a 6th level cleric.

I chose spontaneous, because he doesn't prepare his prayers: He calls out whoever may listen, and the god(s) of any (good) religion(s) answer.
I picked the Smite variant, because I don't know If I'll be facing undead (probably won't), and he's a good guy, who seeks to eradicate evil.

I did NOT choose the cloistered variant, because I intend to play him like a paladin: A traveling man of the cloth, with a lot of physical training, who's role is to eradicate evil. I could have taken cloistered, but I'd lose BaB + HP for one additional spell/level per day.
And saying he's a cleric of MANY gods let me choose ANY domain I wanted.

Obviously I'm not the best at TO, but that's not why I made the character.

Any ways, that's why I'd recommend the Spontaneous Divine variant for this concept, because I used it to realize the same/a similar concept.

Wow. That's great. Thanks!

flabort
2011-10-30, 10:54 PM
Really? You're taking my advice over the playground's hive mind? :smallbiggrin: squee!

Er, relevant data, if needed:
Spontaneous Divine Casters variant (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/spontaneousDivineCasters.htm), works on clerics and druids. Other prepared divine, too, if you can find any.
Smite cleric (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#cleric), can be good or evil (just like turn/rebuke).
Finally, My character sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=325976). Poor feat/equipment choices, no homebrew (although it was allowed in the campaign, as the setting is, too)

Domains up to you, prestige, If you use any, I'd rely on the playground.
They could probably recommend spells (better than I used), feats, and anything else, too. Much better advice than I can give, for the most part.

I'm glad my idea was so fitting, though.

edit: apparently posted a broken link. fixed.