PDA

View Full Version : magic school campaign: what can i do if my whole party is teir 1-2?

RecklessAbaddon
2011-10-31, 09:40 AM
i've got a couple ways i have been thinking about running this game, but i don't want it to be a cake walk for the or a suicide mission. The easiest way i think is wizards, sorcerors, wujen, clerics (of the magic god), and favored souls (of the magic god). I've also though about having them custom create classes, i swear i read this idea in a 3.5 book, and have them all be casters: but i can't find what book it was in, and i've been looking for a few weeks. My other idea was to maybe look for a few, generally well accepted, homebrew classes for a magic school/training campaign.

Tyndmyr
2011-10-31, 09:48 AM
I have played this campaign...it's fantastic. Combat is highly, highly tactical. Use LOTS of opponents, as most of them will get shut down in one or two turns of combat.

RecklessAbaddon
2011-10-31, 10:05 AM
did counterspelling come up very often? And what kind of enemies did you encounter, a bunch of equal cr enemies or a lot of weaker?

Tyndmyr
2011-10-31, 11:21 AM
did counterspelling come up very often? And what kind of enemies did you encounter, a bunch of equal cr enemies or a lot of weaker?

Not a ton...it's a tactic that quickly gets boring if overused.

Frequently a ton of notably weaker CR enemies using very good tactics, and very distributed to avoid AoEs just shredding them all. We could still handle CR fights notably higher than our level, though.

sirpercival
2011-10-31, 11:55 AM
I'm co-DM in an All-Wizard Party game, which is amazingly fun. Let me know if you want any suggestions.