PDA

View Full Version : wand bracer vs wand braclet

crouchingmoose
2011-10-31, 12:50 PM
I keep hearing about both of these and now im not sure if they are the same thing or different. If they are different which is better for a dual wand blastificer

Big Fau
2011-10-31, 12:59 PM
The Wand Bracer is an item in Dungeonscape, designed to hold 5 wands for quick, easy storage. It is completely mundane.

The Wand Bracelet is an item in the MiC that functions similarly to a Glove of Storing.

One is more useful for general items, the other is very much valued by Wandificers.

Strormer
2011-11-02, 10:37 AM
Go with the Wand Bracers. They are mundane so you can enchant them later to be bracers of archery or armor or whatever. Really, if you need more than ten wands then you need to narrow your selection. Just remember it takes some trouble to reload a wand so draw the one you really need in combat.
Personally I love this toy. I used one for my rogue along with a scroll organizer, potion belt, and MW bandolier. I had so many items on my person I looked like an artifacer, yet I was an assassin. Go figure.

Duncan_Ruadrik
2011-11-02, 02:12 PM
Go with the Wand Bracers. They are mundane so you can enchant them later to be bracers of archery or armor or whatever. Really, if you need more than ten wands then you need to narrow your selection. Just remember it takes some trouble to reload a wand so draw the one you really need in combat.
Personally I love this toy. I used one for my rogue along with a scroll organizer, potion belt, and MW bandolier. I had so many items on my person I looked like an artifacer, yet I was an assassin. Go figure.

This. Every character I've made with access to spell items, be they an actual spellcaster, have a 1 level dip in spellcaster, and/or UMD user (im looking at almost all my rogues) has had one of these. Very nice.

The problem with the wand bracelet, if I recall, is that it burns extra charges out of the wands when you insert them into the item, or perhaps when you use the wand. Im not quite sure. Either way, im generally a stingy bastard when it comes to expensive spell trigger items I pay for, so... wand bracer!