PDA

View Full Version : Raining Death and Cake

The Reverend
2011-10-31, 02:17 PM
So I've been invited to join in on a 7Th lvl SW d20 campaign, I have a fairbit of experience in d20 and star wars d20 so this post is mostly about ideas for a character and history/chronology/tech. It takes place a few years after the end of KOTOR II and the DM has fully encouraged power gaming, high tech weapons that could logically exist(repulsor lifted e-web), and in general flying with the eagles and being Heros(actually a neutral party).

The GM said he is looking for a long range guy and I don't think they have a tech monkey yet. any ideas? I'll make any character work as far as role-playing goes just need a few ideas to get the juices flowing, I'm not afraid of optimization and any build info you might share. Only rule is I dont want to play a force user. unless its a gun monk style build or something that I might consider. Thanks!

kestrel404
2011-10-31, 02:38 PM
You probably want to post this in "Older D&D/AD&D and Other Systems". While technically SW Saga is a d20 system, this forum is frequented primarily by D&D fanatics.

That having been said, see if you can convince him to help you write up a Teepo Paladin (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Teepo_Paladins) - since power gaming is being encouraged and all.

Treblain
2011-10-31, 06:52 PM
An idea I've always wanted to play in Star Wars is a techie who sits at the back of the party, hides behind a wall during fights, and commands a swarm of hovering Jedi training remotes (like the one Luke trains with in ANH) with their blasters dialed up to lethal levels. That gets you long range and high-tech.

The Reverend
2011-10-31, 10:01 PM
One of my last star wars DMs forbid me using any more droids. At one point we were supposed to fight thru 4 rancors, I had prepared for the inevitable rancorring, and I had 8 tiny droids each had a rock drill on them repulsor lifts and three thermal detonators. While the party occupied the beasts my droids drilled into their backs and made a real mess.