PDA

View Full Version : Aquaman the making of (3.5)

complains
2011-10-31, 02:22 PM
I have been reading some of the new 52 comics and been thinking Aquaman would be a great D&D character. He's a king so he has the ability to lead, Super strength with time to know when to strike and he is psyhic. The last ability he does not delve deep enough into but this build hit on it heavily.

Mainly this a rough build for a 3rd level game. I want to what he did in the first issue and should be able to do in 3.5 and any help or abilities I've left out will be greatly appreciated.

I'm going to eventually stat him to 20th but at the moment don't have the time.

AQUAMAN
amphibous human
warblade 2/ardent 1

Manevuers
sudden leap
steel wind
sapphire nightmare blade
stance leading the charge

Powers
Charm
metaphysical weapon

Stats at the moment don't seem that important. So what skills and feats should he have?

Zonugal
2011-10-31, 02:42 PM
I love me some Aquaman but I have some questions.

Why not go with Druid or Cleric as a base for his supernatural powers?

Have you looked at using the Aventi from Stormwrack as opposed to using an Amphibious Human?

If you are hoping to mix initiator and casting have you considered re-flavoring the Ruby Night Vindicator prestige class?

complains
2011-10-31, 02:54 PM
I love me some Aquaman but I have some questions.

Why not go with Druid or Cleric as a base for his supernatural powers?

Have you looked at using the Aventi from Stormwrack as opposed to using an Amphibious Human?

If you are hoping to mix initiator and casting have you considered re-flavoring the Ruby Night Vindicator prestige class?

Well not going with a divine class is really a few fluff and personal reasons.
1) He really does not have a divine or religous background. 2) His powers don't have verbal or visual components. And 3) I don't like have a theme character having access to powers not part of the theme.

To not choosing aventi as a race is easy. They just aren't as good as a human is.

I was planning on going into hyperconscious for the ghostslayer prc and using devotion feats, So maybe a reflavoring of Ruby Knight Windicator is needed.

Zonugal
2011-10-31, 02:57 PM
Complains, are you trying to build an exact replica of Aquaman via 3.5 or build a character like Aquaman via 3.5?

complains
2011-10-31, 03:07 PM
probably just simiular, because and exact copy seems difficult and low level.

Zonugal
2011-10-31, 03:09 PM
And 3) I don't like have a theme character having access to powers not part of the theme.

You can always re-flavor spells or simply not prepare them. It is very easy to make a strictly-themed caster in 3.5 but it seems like you may want a manifester.

Psionics doesn't cover environmental effects too well but have you taken a look at Ardent from Complete Psionics?

complains
2011-10-31, 03:17 PM
whoops I ment Ardent not adept (stupid me). but you well notice he has powers not spells.

Lapak
2011-10-31, 03:27 PM
You can't get there by level 3, and it's a little odd, but to get the right feel for him you should stat him up as a straight Psychic Warrior who takes Inquisitor and Expanded Knowledge: Mindlink to dip a level or so into Thrallherd.

He's more of a brawler psionically, but he always seems to have plenty of fish followers around when he needs 'em.