PDA

View Full Version : Cosplay Brainstorm

hivedragon
2011-10-31, 02:29 PM
I'm looking for ideas for costumes for cosplay/group cosplay.
The more gimmicky the better.
Edit: this is not just restricted to anime/manga,
you can draw characters from all fiction
(and possibly non-fiction)

jseah
2011-10-31, 02:54 PM
If its an all-girl group:
Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Character Magical Girl forms
- Bonus points if you dye your hair the appropriate colours
- Super bonus points if you have Charlotte in, either as magical girl or witch form or as a way to "hide" Mami's head

Totally need to do that.

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-10-31, 03:39 PM
Baccano!: 1930s gangsters, half of whom are psycho. It's awesome, and makes for great group cosplayers.

thorgrim29
2011-10-31, 04:46 PM
Totally, keeping that in mind if I get dragged to a con eventually, I'd probably go as Vino or the huge guy in Jaccuzi's gang.

Tengu_temp
2011-10-31, 05:00 PM

I'd say it works even better if you're all big, burly guys.

Ninjadeadbeard
2011-10-31, 10:39 PM
Doctor Who. At least 11 variations thus far, just with the Doctor himself. Great for scarf enthusiasts and picking fights with your "evil twins" at the con. :smalltongue:

OracleofWuffing
2011-10-31, 11:14 PM
Each person cosplays as their first computer.:smallbiggrin:

MlleRouge
2011-10-31, 11:21 PM
Guilty Gear groups are always colorful

Cespenar
2011-11-01, 09:31 AM
Go as the leading characters of Naruto or Bleach and try to convince everyone you see that it was AN IRONIC CHOICE.

CarpeGuitarrem
2011-11-01, 09:35 AM
Go as the leading characters of Naruto or Bleach and try to convince everyone you see that it was AN IRONIC CHOICE.
That's easy. Wear hipster glasses while doing it. XP

Also, I just thought of a hilariously gimmicky costume idea. Wear whatever costumes you want, and then at least one of them (though it'd be really funny for it to be all of them) is wearing a "My Name is Mystique" name tag.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-01, 01:07 PM
The more gimmicky the better.

Can you be a little more specific than just gimmicky? That's still a huge area to narrow down.

nyarlathotep
2011-11-01, 01:17 PM
The muppets, all of them, but Statler and Waldorf are the only two that are absolutely needed.

Mando Knight
2011-11-01, 01:34 PM
Batman. The catch? Everyone has to have a different Batman costume (Dark Knight Returns, Batman Begins, Batman: The Animated Series, etc.). Any girls go in their choice of Batgirl costumes, or possibly as Carrie Kelly (aka the girl-Robin of Dark Knight Returns, for the uninitiated), though Kelly works best if there's someone else going as one of the other Robins. Or Nightwing.

irenicObserver
2011-11-01, 05:17 PM
- Character Magical Girl forms
- Bonus points if you dye your hair the appropriate colours
- Super bonus points if you have Charlotte in, either as magical girl or witch form or as a way to "hide" Mami's head

Totally need to do that.

You beat me to it!! :smallbiggrin:

Dr.Epic
2011-11-01, 06:52 PM
Is it at all possible to cosplay as the concept/personification of meta?

OracleofWuffing
2011-11-01, 07:33 PM
Is it at all possible to cosplay as the concept/personification of meta?
I was thinking of suggesting that each person picks someone else in the group, and they cosplay as that person cosplaying as someone else from the group, but that's only halfway there.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-01, 07:34 PM
I was thinking of suggesting that each person picks someone else in the group, and they cosplay as that person cosplaying as someone else from the group, but that's only halfway there.

And they all do that wearing this mask:

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_laicahvhFf1qa00s6.jpg

Rhydeble
2011-11-10, 05:07 PM
You could simply go as daleks, if anyone asks what you are, just yell EXTERMINATE

SlyGuyMcFly
2011-11-10, 06:44 PM
That's easy. Wear hipster glasses while doing it. XP

Also, I just thought of a hilariously gimmicky costume idea. Wear whatever costumes you want, and then at least one of them (though it'd be really funny for it to be all of them) is wearing a "My Name is Mystique" name tag.

Both of these are hilarious ideas.

I should suggest something though so how about... All of the James Bonds