PDA

View Full Version : Battlefield 3 Discussion

Resden Harl
2011-10-31, 02:32 PM
I am not sure if we have any battlefield (http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield3?sourceid=title-brand-exact_wk_battlefield_exact_68_battlefield_hp_googl e) fans here, or FPS fans in general but I know I am, and thought Id see if we could get some discussion going on either

Co-op

Online play

Or the single player!

Anyone? Anyone at all? I have internets and cookies...

warty goblin
2011-10-31, 02:39 PM
I tried, but simply could not make myself care about another gritty modern FPS. Not that I unconditionally dislike the genre - I've played every mission in the Medal of Honor reboot's singleplayer at least two or three times, but because I have no need for more of it.

Dublock
2011-10-31, 03:42 PM
Sure, I'll reply, since you didn't start much I'll just say whats on my mind, oh and I have it on PC:

First off the single player (Don't worry I won't spoil anything)
I am glad to see that you can access it without being online.

I have played through up to the first time of tank combat, and for the most part its pretty good, I HATE the mini button games that they have, push this button now! Now this button!! I am sure I personally can win a few of those on my first try in real life, let alone replaying them cause I hit the melee button.

Multi-player:
I played through Beta, got to rank 20 in about 10 hours, slower pace now which I like and I even gotten a few things I didn't in the Beta.

I mostly played Engineer so far, I like having some options killing tanks. Mines are a blast (pun sadly intended), I have gotten kills a few times, set all three mines pretty close together, they all go off and you got a kill tank

The Javelin is not as powerful as I expected, although I have yet to have someone laser target it for me (I am assuming most people are not up that far yet, although that can be a pure guess on my part).

I do love the amount of scopes the game has for all the weapons, although with switching weapon firing modes (wish they saved it from life to life), although the IRNV scope feels a bit better then some (white on green background, easy pickings).

Hard for me not to play Engineer I don't know if its my play style, they are op, or I just hate seeing tanks that much.

Friendly fire, I don't mind it being on, I like having to pay attention to who I am shooting at, but I wish I can say my teammates pay attention to who they are shooting at -.-

Maps:
Caspian Boarder
Loved it on Beta, still love it. Feels like you can get into the action pretty easy but big enough that you are not stumbling to capture point to capture point

Operation Firestorm
Another great map and yes I do like the general census of the population (at least the vocal ones...)

The Bazaar one (Yea, I don't know the names yet lol)
I like it, its a different style, I have yet to play it in Rush mode (as of most maps, I tend to like conquest most). Mostly infantry combat that switches up the style some point (like no air)

Operation Metro
I enjoy this map, both Conquest and Rush, it fills the need of some fast pace action that I do have time to time again. Simple, straight forward, chaotic. If I was to play this map 24/7 might be a different story.

Peak one, with the mine:
As much as I love Metro, I am not a fan of this one yet, that can change with time, just something about it rubs me the wrong way (Doesn't help I only played on it 3 times, first was a slaughter on my side, then the other two I got killed, mostly by my own team -.-)

Tehran Highway:
I have mixed opinions on the map, so I need more time playing on this map for me to come to a conclusion. I have not played Rush, but on conquest combat tends toward one area of the map, while I understand that, the map itself is big enough to have more then one area of conflict.

Kharg Island
Most likely my 3rd favorite (below the two I listed first :P), its open that gives a lot of room for anything, everything. I hate being spawned at the Army outpost and for some reason I tend to confuse where I am spawning on that map

Crossing
Some city combat in this one but larger then Op Metro and Bazaar, which I like, there are some open areas and then some close an personal, and lets you move around some for flanking, which makes a bit more dynamic then those two but you don't (normally) have to worry about someone caping the point next to your deployment.

Noshahr Canals
I don't like this map, but I can't tell you why really. Wide open, points are spread out enough, but I don't like it yet.

Resden Harl
2011-10-31, 07:45 PM
Sure, I'll reply, since you didn't start much I'll just say whats on my mind, oh and I have it on PC:

First off the single player (Don't worry I won't spoil anything)
I am glad to see that you can access it without being online.

I have played through up to the first time of tank combat, and for the most part its pretty good, I HATE the mini button games that they have, push this button now! Now this button!! I am sure I personally can win a few of those on my first try in real life, let alone replaying them cause I hit the melee button.

Multi-player:
I played through Beta, got to rank 20 in about 10 hours, slower pace now which I like and I even gotten a few things I didn't in the Beta.

I mostly played Engineer so far, I like having some options killing tanks. Mines are a blast (pun sadly intended), I have gotten kills a few times, set all three mines pretty close together, they all go off and you got a kill tank

The Javelin is not as powerful as I expected, although I have yet to have someone laser target it for me (I am assuming most people are not up that far yet, although that can be a pure guess on my part).

I do love the amount of scopes the game has for all the weapons, although with switching weapon firing modes (wish they saved it from life to life), although the IRNV scope feels a bit better then some (white on green background, easy pickings).

Hard for me not to play Engineer I don't know if its my play style, they are op, or I just hate seeing tanks that much.

Friendly fire, I don't mind it being on, I like having to pay attention to who I am shooting at, but I wish I can say my teammates pay attention to who they are shooting at -.-

Maps:
Caspian Boarder
Loved it on Beta, still love it. Feels like you can get into the action pretty easy but big enough that you are not stumbling to capture point to capture point

Operation Firestorm
Another great map and yes I do like the general census of the population (at least the vocal ones...)

The Bazaar one (Yea, I don't know the names yet lol)
I like it, its a different style, I have yet to play it in Rush mode (as of most maps, I tend to like conquest most). Mostly infantry combat that switches up the style some point (like no air)

Operation Metro
I enjoy this map, both Conquest and Rush, it fills the need of some fast pace action that I do have time to time again. Simple, straight forward, chaotic. If I was to play this map 24/7 might be a different story.

Peak one, with the mine:
As much as I love Metro, I am not a fan of this one yet, that can change with time, just something about it rubs me the wrong way (Doesn't help I only played on it 3 times, first was a slaughter on my side, then the other two I got killed, mostly by my own team -.-)

Tehran Highway:
I have mixed opinions on the map, so I need more time playing on this map for me to come to a conclusion. I have not played Rush, but on conquest combat tends toward one area of the map, while I understand that, the map itself is big enough to have more then one area of conflict.

Kharg Island
Most likely my 3rd favorite (below the two I listed first :P), its open that gives a lot of room for anything, everything. I hate being spawned at the Army outpost and for some reason I tend to confuse where I am spawning on that map

Crossing
Some city combat in this one but larger then Op Metro and Bazaar, which I like, there are some open areas and then some close an personal, and lets you move around some for flanking, which makes a bit more dynamic then those two but you don't (normally) have to worry about someone caping the point next to your deployment.

Noshahr Canals
I don't like this map, but I can't tell you why really. Wide open, points are spread out enough, but I don't like it yet.

I was at work and as such did not want to wall of text it hah.

Quick time events kill just about every game for me, and it really bothers me that they felt the need to include it in this campaign, but your quite right about how nice it is to be able to not be online and play it (was worried about that when I saw the battle.log situation)

And EVERYONE is playing engineer or support, mainly because supports get the mortar which... isnt really that powerful and leaves you way to exposed but its a cool mechanic.

I really have not played all of the maps enough to add to this, but I hope I do. A full schedule does that.

Probably my one, big gripe about this game? knifing from behind! WHY DO YOU NEED THE CINEMATIC?? it just leaves you exposed!