PDA

View Full Version : Let's play Fall from Heaven: A oneshot this time

tribble
2011-10-31, 04:47 PM
Okay, so some of you may recall last summer I did a Let's Play of Fall From Heaven, the dark fantasy mod for Civilization four. I had to stop it abruptly when I couldn't get it to install on my computer. After hashing out the wierdness from my new OS (it haets patches) I finally got the bloody mod working, and to make it up for you that I wasn't able to complete my previous Let's Play, I'm going to do a oneshot!

So, here's what I need from you: Requests! I'll be taking requests on race to play, Religion to run, and victory attempted.

There are far too many races to list. Think of a common fantasy culture trope and I'll tell you if it has a race.

Religions:
Runes of Kilmorph: Dorfy religion of dorfy dorfiness. It is fairly nondescript, it has some excellent heroes and raises commerce in cities. Has a Dwarf who magically buffs your army in the early game and a dwarf who casts life spells and heals your army in the midgame for heroes. If we're the luchiurp we can also get a supergolem that is literally godly, but only if the AC is very high, and in my experience the computer doesn't pump the AC.
Fellowship of Leaves: Elfy religion of Tree-hugging. Turns forests and jungle into UBERFORESTS that give massive benefits to health and happiness, good for making megacities. Has a lategame mounted archer and a lategame caster with outrageous combat strength for heroes.
Octopus Overlords: I, for one, welcome our new octopus overlords. It's cthlulhu worship and very powerful militarily, it also grants more culture than the other early religions. I can't overemphasize how OP cultist spam is on nautical maps. Has a superzombie and an archmage in the midgame (That's kind of gamechanging.)
Order: Fantasy Catholicism of the "No! I must kill the Demons!" variety. Has access to, essentially, the hereditary rule civic, which makes it good for maintaining supercities. Excellent military power and also has a unit that can remove all unhappiness in a city, sadly you can only have four of that unit. Has an angelic hero and a paladin.
Ashen Veil: "No, John, you are the demons!" It's Diabolism, you summon demons,have massive unhealthy cities that are nigh impossible to keep happy, and basically get to fool about with all of those spiky fire and brimstone toys. Incredible military power. Has a Evil! Paladin, a demon, and a ridiculously overpowered demon at a high AC. Possible sideffects include twirly moustaches.
Empyrean: Sunlight and stealthbusting and the fantasy UN. Has a High Priest who is also an Archmage. Yeah, he's pretty crazy.
Council of Esus: The super sekrit club for bad guys where they go to talk ambiguously about "The plan" and generally pretend the rest of the world doesn't know what they're up to. Features stealth within your borders for all your units, hidden nationality units galore, and the ability to declare war without having your units ejected from your enemy's land. Yes, you can use this to corner and assasinate that smug bastard Loki.
Victories:
Domination: 60% of the world population and 80% of the landmass.
Religion: Control the holy city of a religion, set it as your state religion, and cause your religion to achieve 70% dominance.
Conquest:Kill 'em all.
Tower of Mastery: Build four magical towers that require various mana sources and then a final tower that can't be rushed with Great engineers (it can, but only like 20%. You can hurry it with gold if you're filthy rich.). Will trigger apocalyptic declarations of war from EVERYONE, including the most dedicated peaceniks, when you begin building the tower of mastery.
Culture: Legendary culture in several cities.
Altar: Spam Great Prophets to build stages of a progressive wonder that grants massive bonuses and then build the final stage with city production. The game is almost guaranteed to run out of great prophet names if you do this. Unavailable to evil leaders.

Fargazer
2011-10-31, 06:00 PM
Malakim Octopus Overlords going for tower of mastery victory. The priests succumbed to madness, now the rest of the world is going to as well!

Didn't the Empyrean, or rather Chalid, get massively debuffed? Its been a while since I played, but I remember you used to be able to use "Pillar of Fire" to kill everyone and everything.

VonFenris
2011-11-01, 03:57 AM
Cthulhuist culture victory. The race should be as octopuslike as possible. Everyone likes his paintings with octopus right?

Pronounceable
2011-11-01, 04:49 PM
Auric Ascendant destroys the every rival civilization singlehandedly. At least after he's built.

tribble
2011-11-01, 08:13 PM
Auric Ascendant destroys the every rival civilization singlehandedly. At least after he's built.

I really don't want to do an illians game for this.

I don't know too much about buffs or debuffs, I actually don't have the latest patches. I do know that while Pillar of fire is nonlethal, it's still massively OP. Even without Pillar of Fire, he's an archmage AND a High Priest available before either are actually buildable and he has high strength, AND gives you an extra vote in the magic U.N.

Cieyrin
2011-11-03, 10:14 AM
Dorfy dorfs spreading dorfy religion for the victory!