PDA

View Full Version : feats like the corpse crafter feats.

kiryoku
2011-10-31, 06:59 PM
also does anyone know any other feats that work like the corpse crafter feats for undead or constructs?

Morph Bark
2011-10-31, 07:01 PM
You don't create the undead that you summon, you whisk them away temporarily from another plane of existence. So no.

Other than the Corpsecrafter feat and its derivatives, I don't know of any. Perhaps Dragon magazine?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-10-31, 07:41 PM
do they work on summons. also does anyone know any other feats that work like the corpse crafter feats for undead or constructs?

Since it explicitly calls out all undead created or summoned... yes they do.

kiryoku
2011-10-31, 07:46 PM

Vladislav
2011-10-31, 07:57 PM
Since it explicitly calls out all undead created or summoned... yes they do.

I believe the feat's wording is "each Undead you raise or create", so it's doesn't work on summons.

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-10-31, 08:10 PM
I believe the feat's wording is "each Undead you raise or create", so it's doesn't work on summons.

Summoned critters are created, are they not?

SaintRidley
2011-10-31, 08:22 PM
Summoned critters are created, are they not?

No? Where would you get that idea?

ShneekeyTheLost
2011-10-31, 08:23 PM
No? Where would you get that idea?

Umm... from the spell description in Summon Undead I - V in the Book of Bad Latin...

Which, honestly, is about the only place you're going to be able to get summoned undead, unless you start playing games with Planar Binding and a *VERY* lenient GM

Andion Isurand
2011-10-31, 09:17 PM
Not really a feat per say, but if you read the third set of the Nether Scrolls artifact, you gain the craft construct feat, but also... every construct you craft that's based on arcane magic comes with maximum HP.

Vladislav
2011-10-31, 09:21 PM
I specifically perused the spell description of Summon Undead I, and the word "create" was absent. Present, on the other hand, were word "conjure" and "summon".

Finally, Summon Undead are Conjuration (Summoning), and not Conjuration (Creation). Summoned creatures are not created. They already exist elsewhere, and the spell just brings them here.