PDA

View Full Version : Changing Slashing to Bludgeoning Damage?

Kittenwolf
2011-10-31, 07:23 PM
I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere a weapon property or enhancement that caused the weapon to swap from whatever damage type it already had to Bludgeoning damage, anyone happen to know what it was?

I have a need to make myself a Lance and/or Greatsword that deals Bludgeoning damage...

Tokuhara
2011-10-31, 07:25 PM
I'm sure I remember seeing somewhere a weapon property or enhancement that caused the weapon to swap from whatever damage type it already had to Bludgeoning damage, anyone happen to know what it was?

I have a need to make myself a Lance and/or Greatsword that deals Bludgeoning damage...

Dull the edge of a greatsword

Psyren
2011-10-31, 09:05 PM
Dull the edge of a greatsword

You're hilarious :smalltongue:

PF Soulknife can change their damage type as a full-round action.

Zaq
2011-11-01, 03:40 AM
There's the psionic power Blackstone Hammer, if memory serves (my books aren't open at the moment) . . .

Also, there's the feat Versatile Unarmed Strike, which might let you swap damage types if you have an Aptitude weapon.

Oh Aptitude weapons. What bizarre rules combinations won't you cause?

Also, the title and your post are at odds with each other.

Kittenwolf
2011-11-01, 04:36 AM
Oops, so it was ><

Slipperychicken
2011-11-01, 12:58 PM
Hold the sword by the blade-end, and smack things with the handle-end, like a hammer. That was a serious tactic back in the day. Or use the Morphing Property from MiC (+1) to turn the weapon into a [bludgeoning damage weapon] as a standard action.

Tokuhara
2011-11-01, 01:06 PM
I've played a twist on this:

I once played a Nezumi Warblade/Ronin in an Oriental Adventures Campaign where I was a "samurai" in all but title. I refused to use a metal sword (a la Musashi Miyamoto) and instead used a wooden katana with a wooden sheath. I still Iaijutsu'd things to death (DM let me have Iaijutsu Focus), but i did bludgeoning damage (not sure if a wooden weapon COULD do slashing damage). The DM also cut my final attacks by 1, because the Wooden Sword was much heavier than the metal one. However, I regained my honor enough that I used a metal sword, and he gave me 1 extra attack (based on 25 years of using a wooden blade), and said I could strike foes 5 feet away.

So I suggest a Wooden Greatsword.