PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for my Ninja/Fighter Build(3.5e)

Squirrel_Dude
2011-10-31, 07:38 PM
I'm playing a ninja(currently Level 3, about to reach level 4). I found the option to turn invisible at will appealing, and the sneak attack. I had never played a roguish character, and that seemed like the best option for a straight stealth class (I also go lucky rolls, that I'll never get again) I would like some suggestions to make sure that my character can maintain some feasibility both before combat, in combat and out of combat.

To Help: basic character stats/feats, and how the DM is playing certain rules.
Race: Human
Ability scores: Str 17, Dex 17, Con, 13, Int 16, Wis 18, Cha 12
Feats: Dodge, Improved Initiative, Legendary(read below)

House Rules:
Ninja gets improve unarmed strike and Ninja-to proficiency: Because he's a ninja
Sudden Strike Sneak Attack
Money and magical items will come along sparingly
On Skills: 1=1, 20=over 9000
Gather Information will not be used

Legendary:
Benefit
A player gains an ability score increase every 3 levels after taking the feat, as opposed to just every 4 levels.
Requirement
Player must have 12 points in every ability

It's not a Wizards feat, but I ran it by the DM and he approved it. The DM and I talked for about 30 minutes about how it would work because the rules are vague. I said it would mean that I would get the score in addition to, him, in replacement of, the normal increase.

I made a compromise to end the deadlock, If I roll a d20, and get a 16 or higher, it's in addition to the normal increase. I got a 17. So there it is. At level 3, I put the point into Intelligence. I felt starved for skill points

^^^
That's the character as it sits now.

My Plan for next 16 levels
All Ability Scores will be put into Strength and Dex,
4-10, take ninja levels so that I get ghost-step (ethereal) and improved poison use.
Feats: lvl 6 Enduring Ki, lvl 9 Quick Draw
11-14 take 4 levels of fighter for the 3 bonus feats, BAB bonus, Fort Save
Feats: lvl 11 Two Weapon Fighting, lvl 12(fighter) Improved Two Weapon Fighting, lvl 12 Mobility, lvl 14, Greater Two Weapon Fighting
15-20 Ninja Again
Feats: lvl 15 Exotic Weapon Proficiency (Katana), Lvl 18 Spring Attack

Skills being buffed
Bluff, Sense Motive, Open Lock, Disable Device, Jump, Tumble, Move Silently
Skills with some points being spent
Hide, Climb, Sleight of Hand, Appraise

At the end:
BAB ~ 16, 11, 6, 1 (w/ TWF 14, 9, 4, -1 and 14, 9, 4)
Weapons: katana in one hand, ninja-to in the other, composite short-bow, blow gun, assorted poisons

I feel both confident in the class build I'm going for, but terrified that there is some book I haven't read that isn't accomplishing what I want to. So, other than playing the ninja class (a weak one, like monk) what am I doing wrong? :smalltongue:

Stitches
2012-02-28, 02:13 AM
I suggest Complete Scoundral Martial Stalker feat, allows stacking ki, and AC bonus with fighter levels... Good Skill Tricks in there as well. Maybe larger shurken as back up, d8 dmg, reuseable if retrieved, Master Thrower prestige class... good enchantments.... hrmmm....