PDA

View Full Version : Ordained Champion Advice

Element Zero
2011-10-31, 08:45 PM
I am joining a game late, with a 5 cleric/ 5 ordained champion of Clangaddin. I'm wondering if there are any suggestions from the Playground as to other PrCs that would work well with this, or if I should just continue rocking cleric to 20. Hints or suggestions?

Keld Denar
2011-10-31, 09:16 PM
If you can, hop out of Cleric at 4. You qualify for OC at 4, and level 5 is a REALLY dead level. So you'd be Clr4/OC5/X1.

X can be anything really. Sacred Exorcist is pretty easy to qualify for if you are good. Church Inquisitor is also kinda fun, especially since Inqusition is in Heironious' profile (assuming you are good). Both are in Complete Divine.

Don't forget to take Law Devotion! You have to be lawful to be an OC, you might as well smack people around with your lawfulness!

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-10-31, 09:39 PM
Divine Disciple in Player's Guide to Faerun is pretty good for four of its five levels.

Divine Oracle in Complete Divine is great for four, six, or all ten levels. You can get its Skill Focus prerequisite without spending a feat on it by saying you visited the Frog God's Fane detailed in Complete Scoundrel and paying some gold (travel expenses probably).

Contemplative for one, six, or all ten levels is a pretty good finish to any character build.

I'll agree that Cleric 4/ Ordained Champion 5 would be better. The fifth Cleric level doesn't improve your base saves or BAB at all, there's no reason to include it.

Element Zero
2011-10-31, 09:49 PM
I kept the extra level of Cleric because I'm reluctant to take another hit to my caster level, despite it being a melee build. Suggestions are awesome, researching them now...anyone else got anything else? Options, options, options! :smallsmile:

Keld Denar
2011-10-31, 10:24 PM
I'm pretty sure that all of the PrCs suggested are all full casting.

That meanst that Cleric4/OC5/SacredExorcist1 casts exactly the same as Cleric5/OC5.

Element Zero
2011-10-31, 10:48 PM
Point made! Hehehe, that's what I get for not knowing my PrCs! :smallsmile:

Person_Man
2011-11-01, 08:19 AM
You may wish to look at the Smite Optimization (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=185859) thread. Ordained Champions are actually quite good at it.