PDA

View Full Version : Post not appearing?

Surfing HalfOrc
2011-11-01, 12:51 AM
I posted a reply in the Menage a 3 thread, but even though the thread moved to the top and shows my name, the post isnt there.

Don't know if it is a bug, but thought I should point it out. (Watch my post appear once I post this!)

EDIT: As expected, it fixed itself after somebody else posted behind me. Still, the problem appears to have taken place when the board was supposed to go from 6 to 7 pages. Don't know if this is an ongoing problem, a one-time fluke, or whatever. I'll leave it to Rawhide to figure out.

Elfinor
2011-11-01, 05:00 AM
I've seen the opposite problem twice: The post appears in the thread, but the post neither 'bumps' the thread nor does it register on my subscription list or the appropriate subforum as the last post.

This is currently in effect on 219158, my last post is not registered.

It was formerly in effect on 220904, Telonius' (only) post was unregistered for a while - and the last post was registered as mine. This would not have been in effect longer than seven hours - the thread registered correctly the next time I checked (presumably after other people posted).

I don't really think it's an issue, but just thought I'd bring it to your attention.

EDIT: Link to second thread was incorrect. Has been changed.

Douglas
2011-11-01, 08:25 AM
Both of these bugs are recurring issues due to the server capacity problems that the new ads are supposed to fix by hopefully paying for a server upgrade in a few months. They'll keep happening sporadically until the server gets upgraded, if and when that happens.

turkishproverb
2011-11-05, 02:13 AM
I just made a post that doesn't show up in the thread itself, though it does show as having been posted.

Gullintanni
2011-11-08, 02:47 PM
Both of these bugs are recurring issues due to the server capacity problems that the new ads are supposed to fix by hopefully paying for a server upgrade in a few months. They'll keep happening sporadically until the server gets upgraded, if and when that happens.

This is the correct answer. Pretty much all of the bugs on the forums are the result of capacity issues. In which case, new ads, replacement server, blah blah blah...

Matter of fact, from the word of Mod:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=12042096&postcount=7

Edit: Also, at the time of this writing, the thread is not updated to reflect my post. Case in point I suppose :smalltongue: