PDA

View Full Version : plane traveling vs demon and devils Main Group

niw18
2011-11-01, 09:04 AM
The inner city of Van Gorgos seems very busy street filled with races from all the planes some you have never seen before. In the sky, it is filled with ships floating in the air and landing and ships heading out and vanishing in the sky. The streets seemed to be patrolled by what looks like constructs that are large or larger. The district you seem to be in would be the merchant district as every building has a shop for something a lot of it doing with planar travel.

A medium sized creature that has red scaly looking appearance would appear to each of the group and guide them to the administration building. The administration building looks out of place to the rest of the city and makes feel at ease as it appears as a stone mansion like there is on the material plane. It seems to be vast in size with at least three levels on it. The path to the mansion is very nice looking marble like stone that is interlocking like in appearance.

The inside of the mansion seems to be larger in the inside then the building itself. There is a lot of people inside and was just as busy as the street outside. The guide directs you to the council to speak with them and has stay in a waiting room that seems to be built for high class people as it had a bar very expensive and comfortable chairs and every luxury a waiting diplomat might need.

stanleyindraven
2011-11-01, 10:04 AM
Grish will look around the room to observe the behavior of the others seeking an audience with the council. His brown hair is short and his eyes a dull gray at this time. He grips the handle on his club tightly, seemingly a fidget more than an act of agression. He looks for his que to stand before the councellors.

Iceforge
2011-11-01, 11:34 AM
Tasr Arod took a seat in one of the comfortable fine chairs, putting his scythe to rest against the armrest, tapping slightly on the end of the armrest with his fingers, scouting out the people present

So many of these people here I have talked to about joining me on a mission, tried to gather if they have what it takes, both in mind, spirit and body, to be of assistance in this glorious holy goal. Is the council on to us? Do they support or oppose me? Better not let my guard down

Tasr Arod pondered to himself, waiting to see if any of the ones he knew already would spot him, if so, he would casually invite them to come closer with a hand gesture

Pazzo
2011-11-01, 11:51 AM
Tarn slowly walk and takes a seat in the least crowded area, looking slightly worried but putting on an air of confidence. His robish over coat bends awkwardly as his sits for the briefest moment, as if it were made of woven wire, then settle and folds as you would expect a silk to do. His hair is black, with the smallest flecks of copper in it, which match his eyes. It is split into 5 braids, equal distances around his circlet, each ending in a small clasp holding a black pearl. His pointed ears are pierced, but no jewelry is worn at the moment, save for a silver pendant of a stylized M, the same M with adorns the back of his coat, and the front of his circlet. His skin has more colour to it than your average grey elf, with a slight tannish touch to it, making him look more like an unusually pale wood elf.

He takes of his backpack, and sets it beneath him, between his legs, and rest back in the chair, muttering to himself a little personal pep talk.

'Relax Tarn, you have been practice for months. This is just some fancy get together in a lower plane, you were made for this. You got your fancy robe, you have your books, and this is your chance to make some new friends. Hell, the guy who brought you here even looked a little like Haro, that should be a good sign, right? Now just stay calm, and try and figure out who is in charge and play nice.

It seems to have worked, as a warm smile crosses his face, then returns to it and stays put. It casually greet all that he meet eyes with, with a slight nod.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-01, 12:00 PM
Aaron

The halfling enters the building. He is of slightly smaller than average for his kind, with straight black hair and blue eyes. He considered the events of the past few weeks.

Thoughts:

Well, it could have ended much worse. If someone had told me one of the portals of Myth Drannor would swallow me up, I'd have asked to be mercifuly killed, rather than end up in a Hellish soul processing plant. Strange how that portal deposited me here, rather than any of the layers of the Nine Hells. I still wish Halycon was here with me. I hope the severing of our link was a side effct of the portal, and not because of something killing her. I suppose I'll find a new animal companion one of these days, but I'll sure miss that pup!

If it wasn't for that fellow Tasr, I might still be lost and confused in this city... Well, maybe not still lost, but I would have taken much longer to find my way around. This "mission" of his sounds worth doing too: destroying all soul-stealing fiends! If only such a thing were possible! I wonder... Wait, isn't that him there?
*he walks towards where Tasr is seated*

Hey Tasr, that you? I was just thinking about you! So, the council summoned you here too, did they? Any idea what they have on their minds?

Iceforge
2011-11-01, 06:20 PM
Tasr smiled to Aaron

"Yes, It is I. Your name was Aaron right? And I may have some hypothesises as to why we have been summoned here, but I cannot say for sure yet. Was you summoned here alone? Last we spoke, I recall you mentioned that your friends was in town as well, although I do not think I ever did get the pleasure of meeting any of them." Tasr said while gesturing to the nearest comfortable chair, wishing for Aaron to take a seat.

Good he hasn't left the city yet, hopefully his friends are not going to keep him from joining up with me, he is probarly the most intelligent of the ones I talked with so far at least, despite looking so young, apperances can surely deceive

Chilingsworth
2011-11-01, 06:41 PM
Aaron gladly takes the proffered seat.

You remembered my name well enough, but I fear you may be getting your potential recruits mixed up, friend. I came to this city with no friends, as I was the only member of my party snatched by the portal. Even my animal companion, Halycon was left behind, though she was right next to me at the time. *He seems saddened by the thought, then pushes it away to return to the present.* For all I know, I may be the only person from my entire world in this place, though I doubt this is so. Regardless, yes, I was summoned here alone. I'd gladly hear of your theories on the reason for that summoning.

Thoughts:
Poor fellow, he's so dedicated to his cause he must be running himself ragged looking for recruits. I wonder how he'd react if I suggested he take some rest.

Iceforge
2011-11-01, 07:01 PM
Tasr's face grew sad

"Oh, that is right, I am sorry for having mixed that up and reminded you about it" Tasr said with some compasion in his voice "And well, one possibility is that the town requires every newcomer to come by here eventually, not that likely through, as I doubt they would invest into such seemingly expensive methods of contacting each individual who arrived here; The guard at the gates telling you to register should do just fine, rather than a personal visit. Another possible reason for summoning us here would be the city having an official or powerful adventures guild, and they perhaps want to make sure we follow their codex and maybe pay for a guild membership" Tasr ended his sentence there; He had more possible explanations in mind, but for now, he would like to hear the halflings view on those possibilities.

#Raptor
2011-11-01, 07:18 PM
Oskar

He slowly walks in, obviously fascinated by every little detail of the city.
Thoughtlessly running his hand over a small golden scaled spot on his arm, he makes some clicking noises with his clawed hands, which he doesn't even notice anymore himself.
His yellow robes flow closely over the ground as he strides forward.
Before taking a seat he takes a few looks at the chair, not at all worried what the other attendee's might be thinking.
Then he sits down, taking a closer look at the other people in the room, muttering "Telek was right, lots of strange folks here... should be interesting. For once not a prank of that chopper clown, heh."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-01, 07:36 PM
Aaron Smiles kindly (not yet noticing the newcomer because he's engrossed in conversation)

It's alright. I was just thinking how my situation could be much worse. Did I tell you the portal I was caught by was near Myth Dranor? Well, that's a place on Toril, my homeworld, that is riddled by portals to the Nine Hells. I consider myself quite fortunate not to be a subject for soul energy harvesting and lemure transformation right now. I do hope you get to meet my friends sometime, though, particularly Darvin. He's a cleric of Kelemvor, my world's equivilant to your patron. I'm sure you'd have quite abit to discuss if you had the chance.

Returning to the matter at hand, though... I agree that your first idea seems unlikely, but not impossible. Perhaps the immigration rate is lower than we'd think. Afterall, we don't know how long this city has existed. Its mass and population could be the result of slow accumilation over a very, very long time, like an icecap, if you'll excuse the rather clumsy metaphor. Still, I somehow doubt this is the case. If it was, then I'd expect immortal races to comprise a higher portion of the population than they seem to. Of course, they could be disgiused and I hardly can be said to have successfully identified every individual in the city, so they could be there, but I've seen little evidence of such individuals dominating the local demographics as yet.

Your second idea seems more probable, but I still think that having individual summons, rather than well publicised laws to the effect would be inefficient.

My best guess is that they want us for something specific. Maybe the same thing they want the other people here fore, maybe not. I'm not sure what, though.

Iceforge
2011-11-01, 07:45 PM
Tasr glances over and smiles briefly to Oskar who just arrived, then turned his eyes and attention back to Aaron.

"Well, it sure seems very likely they want something from us. Maybe they got some important job they require help with, or alternatively, they heard about some of the topics we have previously discussed and got an opinion about that, the question then becomes if they are in favor or in opposition to it, but no reason to take that grief in advance, but sure something to keep in mind, if there should indeed turn out to be some kind of convoluted hostility, they got all the cards at the moment, rather not give them the element of surprise cheaply by letting my guard down completely"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-01, 08:01 PM
You have a point. *noticing Oskar* Do you know this fellow, Tasr? Another of your recruits, perhaps?

stanleyindraven
2011-11-01, 09:47 PM
"I am sorry but I couldn't help overhear that you are looking for recruits ans that you seem to know what is going on here, at least to some extent," Grish addresses the conversing couple. His eyes look kind and you can see his slight uncomfort as he stands nearby.

Pazzo
2011-11-01, 10:34 PM
Growing bored of waiting, Tarn stand up from his seat, slings his pack over a shoulder, as walk past seats towards the refreshments while muttering to himself.

(Elven)'Eh bien pas de sens de laisser tout cela cette hospitalité charmante aller au gaspillage. Après tout, disent-ils (Dragonic) "Nolle donum dantis est verecundia.' (Elven) et je ne suis pas pressé de faire n'importe colère contre moi si tôt dans la soirée."

(Elven)'Well no sense letting this all this lovely hospitality go to wasted. After all, they say (Dragonic) "To refuse a gift, is to shame the giver." (Elven) and I am in no rush to make anyone angry at me this early in the evening.'

He then starts to browse the drinks, and slowly pour himself a mixed drink.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-01, 11:01 PM
Dyn

*to Grish, smiling kindly*

Please, have a seat and join us. *stomach rumbles* If you'll excuse me, that elf has the right idea, I think, and I hadn't had breakfast yet when I got the summons. I'll be right back.

(Elven) Vous avez raison, il serait un gaspillage. (Draconic)An illud adagium in vestro mundo etiam draconum?
(Elven) You're quite right, it would be a waste. (Draconic) Is that a saying among dragons of your world, too?

*he grabs a plate and begins filling it with fruit, cheese, and bread, and grabs a goblet of Sunelven wine*
Well, This is a nice surprise, some wine I think is from my homeworld! I figured I wasn't the only Faerunian here!

(Elven) Quoi qu'il en soit, Bonjour, Mon nom est Aaron. Voulez-vous joindre à mes associés et moi que nous essayons de comprendre ce que le bruit du conseil est de mettre en place est d'environ?
(Elven) Anyhow, hello, My name's Aaron. Would you care to join my associates and I as we try to figure out what the fuss the council is putting up is about?

*he smiles*

Pazzo
2011-11-01, 11:33 PM
"(Elven) Eh bien, techniquement pas un monde à tous. Quoi qu'il en soit Tarn Maures, c'est un plaisir de vous rencontrer Sir Aaron. Ce serait un plaisir de vous rejoindre, je dois admettre que je suis un peu nouveau pour la région. N'a même pas l'intention de rester longtemps, je suis un voyage par les catastrophes naturelles que vous voyez. Choqué quiconque savait où me trouver. Savez-vous bien ces gens? Il était un peu vague pour expliquer pourquoi j'ai été appelé ici."

"(Elven)Ah, well not my world. Well, technically not a world at all. Anyways, Tarn Maures, nice to meet you Sir Aaron. It would be a pleasure to join you, I must admit I am somewhat new to the area. Didn't even plan to stay long, I am a travel by natural you see. Shocked anyone knew where to find me. Do you know these people well? It was somewhat vague as to why I was called here."

He pops a grape in his mouth, fills his glass and lets Aaron lead him to the others.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-02, 12:23 AM
Aaron gladly leads Tarn to the others.

(Elven) Bonjour, Tarn. Honnêtement, je ne sais pas les autres si bien que ça. Parmi eux, je ne connais Tasr. Il s'agit d'un clerc qui a porté sur une mission pour tuer et démons est à la recherche de recrues. Les autres, les nains avec des écailles d'or, je pense a également été recruté par Tasr. L'autre, semblait chercher à recruter. Je suis désolé je ne peux pas vous en dire plus, mais je suis aussi récemment arrivés ici, et non pas par choix. Un portail caché dans une pièce infestée de mon démon natal m'a attrapé et m'a envoyé vers les portes de la ville.

(Elven) Wellmet, Tarn. Honestly, I don't know the others all that well. Of them, I only know Tasr. He's a cleric who's focused on a mission to slay fiends and is looking for recruits. The others, the dwarf with gold scales I think was also recruited by Tasr. The other, seemed to be looking to be recruited. I'm sorry I can't tell you more, but I'm also recently arrived here, and not by choice. A hidden portal in a devil infested part of my homeworld caught me and sent me to the gates of the city.

*He adjusts his grip on his plate and goblet as he's walking towards the others before continuing*

(Elven) Sans Tasr, j'aurais été perdu dans cette ville. Cheveux Meleikki, il doit être plus grand que Eauprofonde!

(Elven) Without Tasr, I'd have been lost in this city. Meleikki's hair, it has to be bigger than Waterdeep!

*Soon, he reaches the rest of his group*

(Elven) Ah, nous sommes ici, je ne sais pas si l'un d'entre eux parlent cette langue, même si, donc s'il vous plaît pardonnez-moi que je me tourne vers la langue commune.

(Elven) Ah, here we are, I don't know if any of them speak this language, though, so please pardon me as I turn to the common language.

I'm back, and it turns out Tarn here is also interested in what the council is up to. Tarn, this is Tasr. I'm afraid I've just met the others myself, so I can't introduce you to them properly.

Pazzo
2011-11-02, 01:26 AM
Tarn looks slightly considered for a moment during the walk over.

"(Elven) Tueur démons? Vous ne réalise où nous sommes sur le multivers correcte? Ne vous méprenez pas, je connais des Lords et d'innombrables ducs qui pourraient utiliser être renversé une cheville ou sept, mais est-il vraiment considérer une attaque génocidaire sur tous les outsiders des plans inférieurs? Sonne comme un paladin Foolish du dernier rêve avant de se faire déchiré par une Yugoloth et envoyé à une réunion douloureuse avec Charon.The seule chose qui les en gardant à l'est de vérifier les Blood War. En leur donnant un ennemi pour unir plus ne ressemble pas à une idée sage."

"(Elven) Slaying fiends? You do realizes where we are on the multiverse correct? Don't get me wrong, I know of some Lords and countless Dukes who could use being knocked down a peg or seven, but is he really considering a genocidal attack on all the outsiders of the lower planes? Sounds like a Foolish Paladin's last dream before getting ripped apart by a Yugoloth and sent to a painful meeting with Charon.The only thing keeping them in check is the Blood War. Giving them an enemy to unite over does not sound like a wise idea."

Tarn takes a seat, lowers his bag to his side, and after a long sip of spirits says, "Nice to meet you all, I am sure this will be an interesting night."

Iceforge
2011-11-02, 03:43 AM
Tasr smiles to Grish "Greetings. Well, we do not know, but we have some educated guesses." Tasr said and smiled briefly over to Aaron as he was going up briefly to get some refreshments "So, you was summoned here as well without knowing why you was summoned excatly? My name is Tasr Arod, and who might I have the pleasure of speaking to?" Tasr asked, getting up from his seat and extending his left hand for a greeting handshake

He looked over at Aaron and Tarn as they returned

"Greetings Tarn, Im afraid I did not understand what you just said, Im not as well versed in languages as some of the people I know apparently."

This is all going good, more and more are coming over and joining up, at least in the conversation so far, maybe the council is doing me a favor, with or without their intent

stanleyindraven
2011-11-02, 07:19 AM
"Thank you, my name is Grish," the human says as he quickly takes a seat before the halfling takes his leave. As they he awaits the return of the short one, Tasr may notice that his ears begin to become pointy and his features become more elven, though his hair and eyes stay the same.
"Oh my, taking on demonic forces, sounds like a crazy mission to me. I do hope it pays well and has perks," Grish will continue as the halfling and elf return.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-02, 10:09 AM
Aaron

*to Grish*

Good to meet you, Grish, sorry about stepping out without a proper aknowledgement... Wait, did you just change into an elf? Interesting, but we can discuss it later, I have some thoughts to share.

*To Everyone*

I agree that taking on all of the abyss and the nine hells does seem a fools errand. Tarn and I were just disscussing that as we walked over here. As he pointed out, Demons and devils tend to keep eachother in check on a cosmic scale. That being the case, It would be dangerous to give either of them an advantage against the other, or to cause them to unite against an external threat.
However, I also doubt that anything we might muster would be sufficent to serriously affect the Blood War or to even significantly affect the fiendish population, particularly the demonic population since the Abyss is composed of (as far as we know) infinite layers, each spawning infinite demons.

*he pauses for breath and to collect his thoughts before continuing*

I also cannot abide outright extermination of any type of being. I assure you, this is not because of any love of fiends on my part, but from an understanding of the world of nature. Towit, the natural world, wheather we're discussing the apparently (but not truly) mundane enviorns of a Prime world, or the multiverse as a whole, is an interconnceted web of systems and subsystems, of which all things within are a part. Certainly, no category of beings persists as long as fiends have without some purpose vital to the health of that system as a whole. If any such category did come into existance, it would swiftly be eliminated by the system, much like toxins are eliminated from a healthy body.

*another pause for breath and thought collection, he also holds up a hand to indicate he is not finished*

In this system, the one inviolible law for all living things is the Law of Limmited Competition. That is to say, no living thing, nor category of living things can own or control all of existance and persist. I believe the varrious fiendkinds are attempting to violate this law, specifically in their lust for control over souls. It is for this reason that I'm willing to aid your mission, Tasr. However, in persuing it, you should understand it will not, indeed must not, be a complete success.

I also am against the idea of genocide in both the abstract and the specific. Most fiends are sentient and sapient creatures. They therefor have some value intrinsic to such creatures. Furthermore, outsiders are not nessicarily quite as set in stone as we mortals might believe. Surely you've heard tales of fallen celestials. Who's to say no risen or at least redeemable fiends exist? Blanket genocide would ignore this possibility.

*One more pause for breath and thought collection, and Aaron seems to be wrapping up his argument*

Given these views, I suggest our goals be as follows:

1. To curb the excesses of fiendkind, for the good of the Cosmic system;

2. To further this goal by means of targeting the soul trade, which is both the engine that enables those excesses, and their worst symptom;

3. To taget said trade both by attacking its direct practitioners, and by empowering their chosen targets to resist their seduction when possible AND:

4. To use our talents and abilities to further our knowledge of the Cosmos, that we may better understand it, our place within it, and how we may best serve it.

Though I may be premature in stating such a thing, what say you all to it?

*He then falls silent and waits for responses from the group.*

Iceforge
2011-11-02, 10:24 AM
"Well" Tasr started, carefully considering each word he was speaking "Disturbing the balance of power between the demons and the devils will just inevitably lead to one of their fathers winning; Not sure what to call those beings who are the lords of all demons and all devils respectively, but I guess deity is not that far off from their power, maybe their power even exceeds that of some deities."

Tasr lifted his head, shifting eye contact amongst those present before he continued on "Indeed, one of those being victorious would only lead to it needing a new goal in life other than the destruction of the other, which could bide ill for all mortals and even some deities. The goal should be to, over time, make the soul trade a business venture that costs more than it gives for the demons and devils, once they do not stand to gain anything by doing it, they should hopefully drop that foul business. To archive this, your goals does indeed sound good, at least for a start, we cannot exclude that future knowledge will provide better suited goals."

stanleyindraven
2011-11-02, 10:43 AM
"Such a goal seems attainable, at least some day. If this venture does well for my pockets, I will do it well," Grish replies. "Don't get me wrong, the end goal is great, but I do have to take care of myself too." Grish's eyes slowly change to blue.

Iceforge
2011-11-02, 11:05 AM
"Demons and devils are not excatly known for giving their monetary wealth away to charity, so you can safely assume there will be money in it for you, Grish" Tasr remarked with a smile

Pazzo
2011-11-02, 11:06 AM
"Well, that is certainly a more reasonable goal, but do we really want to save every soul? After all, should not the souls of wicked ones be allowed to go where they belong? Maybe the way to attack this issue is to decrease the corruption and claiming of souls.

For example, if we could disrupt some of the of the devil's cults on the material plane, they would not be able to place their mark on as many mortal souls. Without being marks, only truly wicked and orderly souls would be plucked from the River Styx.

As for the Abyssal, the only choice there is strength. Maybe some possible strength to be found would be from the Obyriths, the demons that came before the soul trade started.

In terms of the Grey Wastes, I fear going against the Yugoloths would be very dangerous. Afterall, they are the ones who profit from the Blood War, and are more cunning than both sides combined. Ultimately, unless you do go one of the higher planes, every living soul can expect to fall under Charon's boat sooner or later, the true master of life and death.

To say nothing of the undead souls.

So there are many ways to take on this goal, and only half of them are outright suicidal. While not gods themselves, they might as well be. Tiamet is in league with the weakest of the Dukes of Hell, let that tell you something of the other's strengths. And the Lords of the Abyssal, well the ones know about along as the things of nightmares. I wonder what the council has brought us here for, this is getting very curious.

He takes another long sips from his glass, then reaches into his mouth and removes a black pearl. Switching it with on from his braids, he then pops the other in his mouth, and finishes the glass, coughing slightly.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-02, 12:07 PM
*Aaron nods to Tarn, eats some bread and cheese, takes a gulp of his wine, and speaks*

Your suggestions are quite well in line with what I had in mind, Tarn. As for wheather or not I would see every soul saved, I would, but only if it was done by eliminating the corruption of souls. I would not see evil souls spared their due punishment. Regardless, I doubt my wishes matter overmuch. Evil exists and has existed for a period sufficent that it must either be needed in the multiverse, or an inescapable product of something else that is needed. In either case, we will not be able to erradicate it.

That being the case, our best goal would be, as you say, to reduce the temptation of otherwise innocent souls. I would add one target for our consideration, however: the Night Hags. These creatures are known to traffic in truly stolen souls, ones taken uncorrupted from mortals who had made no faustian bargain and then sold to the highest fiendish bidder.
What's more, these hags, though well connected, are not especially numerous, nor especially powerful individually, at least compared to the true elite of fiendkind. These traits, I should think, would make them a good candidate for our first major target.

That said, we should undertake preparations even for this endevor. From my understanding, the Hags would be quite capable of calling in favors to attempt reprisal attacks by fiends (or their servants) far more powerful than they are. We should therefore first attempt to secure a base of operations, and to establish protocalls to limmit our exposure to threats, both external and, potentially, internal. As a first such protocall, I suggest refraining from discussing sensitive specific information in public and that we therefor hold off on further specifics until we can be confident of our privacy.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-02, 01:20 PM
*Aaron shifts subjects*

So, until we can find some privacy, I'd like to know abit more about you two *he indicates Oskar and Grish*

So, and I hope I'm not prying overmuch, though I fear I am; my questions:

Sir dwarf:
What shall we call you? And are you one of Tasr's previous associates?

Grish: May I ask how you're accomplishing your change of form? I'm guessing it's not something you're trying particularly hard to hide, or you wouldn't be using it in public.
My Guesses are:

1. You're wearing a hat of disguise,
2. You're a natural shapechanger of some kind (in which case, I can't know anything more specific without seeing your true form, of course),
3. You're a moderately powerful druid, though you don't seem like a member of any tradition I'm familiar with.
4. You've researched and are using a spell that amounts to a multiple use disguise or alter self, or possibly polymorph,
5. You're a transmuter who has learned to husband a prepared polymorph spell to allow for repeated indefinate use of minor shapeshifting abilities
or
6. You're a very powerful druid or arcanist and are using the near-godly spell shapechange, though why someone capable of such magic would have anything to do with us, and be posing as a simple mercenary to boot, is quite beyond me.

Tell me, are any of these guesses correct, and if so, which?

stanleyindraven
2011-11-03, 02:26 PM
"I do believe it was the second option, a natural. I do change often and only try to hide such an ability when it is beneficial to not be caught using it," Grish responds with a smile. "I also have not found a form I truly feel comfortable in."

Iceforge
2011-11-03, 05:17 PM
"Tarn, I can see what you mean by spending time saving wicked souls, but I am not wrestling souls away from the devils and demons to save the mortal temporary owners of the souls, I am trying to restore cosmic balance by sending the souls back to where they belong once no longer in a temporary mortal host." Tasr said "And Charon is no true master of life and death" The last remark bore traces of anger in the voice of Tasr, which quickly subsided again

"Targeting the mortal cults who work for the devils and demons is surely one way to go, but I gather there are many worlds from talking to you and others here in this city, so I take it would be nearly impossible to find them all, but then, I suspect neither of these goals would come easily or even be remote realistically archived during my own lifetime, I can merely hope, and if nothing else, set things in motion so the changes will come about" Tasr pondered out loudly, seemingly very settled with the his own death before archiving his ambition.

"And Aaron, maybe evil is not a needed construct for creation, but maybe just how we perceive aspects of the creation in which we live due to the limitations of our nature" Tasr commented to the longer philosophical speech that Aaron had just shared, still remaining seated in the chair, tapping lightly with his bony fingers covered by the red leather gloves.

"No feeling comfortable within your own skin must be a bit of a curse, depending on how uncomfortable you are. Are you ever truly able to relax, Grish, my friend?" Tasr asked with genuine interest

Pazzo
2011-11-03, 05:46 PM
Tarn chuckles to himself lightly, '(Undercommon) Teie pärast, loodan, et teie Jumal korjab sind ennast lõpuks puhata, enne kui lõpuks oma jõgi.'

'For your sake, I hope your God pucks you up at you finally rest before you end up in the his river.'

"Evil is a much a part of creation, life, and multiverse as Good, or as water and air. Existence is not Black and White but endless shades of gray. To think otherwise is to blind your, as a Paladin might do to his own dark impulses. It is by people's own self blinding that they end up falling victim to their own beliefs, as well as the influence of others."

He turns to Aaron, "After all, if Good and Evil were not themselves natural on some basic level, where do we get all the fiendish and celestial animals, reborn based on their lives on the other planes?"

Shifting his eyes to Grish with a warm smile, "Grish is it? I must admit I am very curious about your nature, and would enjoy discussing it in length once this event filled with ears and eyes is over. I have a number of transmutive questions that you may be able to shine some light on."

After setting down his empty glass and getting comfortable in his chair, sulking into the seat a little, Tarn thinks aloud, "I wonder, when is this event going to carry on? For a group assorted with Limbo Natives you would expect things to be more lively."

Chilingsworth
2011-11-03, 07:55 PM
Aaron speaks an aside to Tarn

(Elven)Je ne sais pas dans quelle langue vous venez d'utiliser, si je l'ai compris en tout cas. *he grins as he taps the golden circlet on his brow that otherwise appears to be merely holding a pair of eagle feathers at the back of his head in place,* Je reconnais que de tomber dans la rivière ne serait pas la fin bien pour lui, mais je doute qu'il finirait bien pour personne.

I'm not sure what language you spoke that in, though I understood it anyway. I agree that falling into the river would not end well for him, though I doubt it would end well for anyone.

(returning to common)

I would also like to discuss some transmutative subjects with you, Grish, and you Tarn. Don't think I would be unable to add to the discussion, either. Though not naturally born with any talent specific to shapechanging, I do possess abilities in that area, and not just of the spellcasting variety.

*back to Tarn*

Do you think I'm unware of how meaningless absolutes are? I may, and indeed do, try to lighten the shade of the world as my abilities and the reality of the world allow. That does not mean I'm deluded enough to believe I'll ever see pure "Black" or "White." Indeed pure good cannot exist because it would dissipate itself and so be destroyed. pure evil cannot not exist because it would destroy itself perhaps even before it affected anything else. Therefore, anything that exists must have an alloy of these two things.

Pazzo
2011-11-03, 08:12 PM
Tarn raises his hand slightly as if to block an upcoming blow.

"I meant no offense! In fact I looks to you as I spoke to seek you agreement, not to suggest you were one of the close minded fools of which I warned."

Looking over those seated nearby, "It looks like we have many things in common, I am beginning to think this is not some random gathering of citizens and travelers. Has anyone here met the council before, or know anything about them?"

Chilingsworth
2011-11-03, 08:50 PM
Aaron looks concerned.

I'm sorry, I wasn't truly offended. I was simply unsure of your intent and wanted to clear up a possible misunderstanding.

*he pauses to consider*

I'm not sure why I came off as so angry. Perhaps the uncertainty about the council's summons has gotten to my nerves more than I supposed. Whatever the reason, I appologize, Tarn.

I can't say I've ever met the council, no. However, I would concur that this is no mere random gathering of travelers, indeed. Well, it may be chance that brings us particular individuals together at this specific place, at this specific time, but I doubt that the fact that a group of individuals possessing our skills and attitudes met at a place like this one. Then again, perhaps the cosmos plays dice?. *he chuckles* Who can say? With an apparent infinity of infinities out there, I'd suppose anything that is even remotely possible to be certain to exist somewhere.

But regardless, of how providential our meeting may be, I suggest we not let ourselves assume we'll be overly well protected by whichever forces were behind it. Indeed, in all likelyhood, we'll be mere tokens in some grand game beyond our ability to properly understand, if any such guiding forces are involved at all. We should therefore not believe ourselves immune to danger or become overly arrogant. As you said, Tarn, it is self deception that leads most readily to ruin, but inflexible certainty is the worst kind of self deception of all, isn't it?

*Aaron then seems to come back to earth, at least as close to earth as any wizard ever is*

I'm sorry, was I rambling? Did I at least make any sense?

*He grins sheepishly*

niw18
2011-11-04, 10:40 AM
After a bit of time to get to know each other at least the council hoped the guide would walk into the waiting room and look to them. The look was as if he was sizing them up mentally but as if he was doing something else. After a minute he would turn to tarn and in common "the council see you and you are allowed bring one other with you that you chose act as adviser" he would state to tarn and look to them as he waits for such a decision to be made. He would look to his familiar, nod, and look back at them shrugging at it.

draven

Due to our detect thoughts please roll a will save

stanleyindraven
2011-11-04, 10:48 AM
Will [roll0]

Pazzo
2011-11-04, 11:53 AM
Tarn rises from his chair, picking his pack up along the way, and adjust his robes. Turning to Aaron he says, "Sir Halfing, would you care to join me? You are remarkable well learned from what I have gathered, it would be a pleasure to be advised by one such as you."

(Will Save)
[roll0]

niw18
2011-11-04, 12:06 PM
as the guide walks in you notice grish is bleeding out from his eyes mouth nose and ears as if he had a powerful feedback happen to him.

grish

took [roll0] damage

Pazzo
2011-11-04, 10:15 PM
Looking a little nervous at Grish's public pain, Tarn turns to him.

"You are okay, everything is fine, just stay calm."

Touching a Moonstone on his belt, Tarn rest a reafirming hand on Grish's shoulder.

(Healing Belt)
Grish [roll0] Damage Healed

"Why don't you enjoy some of the fine food and spirits while you wait?"

He then looks back to Aaron with a nervous yet slightly excited smile.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-05, 04:20 PM
Aaron returns the smile and speaks in Elven:

Bien sûr, je vais vous aider, mais je trouve étrange que vous êtes appelé alors plutôt que Tasr. Peut-être qu'il sera convoqué plus tard? Peu importe, partons.

Of course I will assist you, though I find it strange that you are being called so rather than Tasr. Perhaps he will be summoned later? Regardless, let us be off.

He gets out of his seat and appears ready to answer the summons.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-07, 01:09 PM
Aaron looks apologetic as he realizes he didn't speak in a language the others could understand properly, and rectifies this:

I'm sorry, I just told Tarn that I accept his offer of service as advisor. Hopefully, the council will answer your questions through us, Tasr, or will call you next to inform you of a mission inline with your interests.

niw18
2011-11-09, 01:22 PM
The nerphim would stand there for a bit, as they spoke to each other before looking to them both “if you are ready please follow me and do not touch anything” he would sternly warn them as the building since the war started to sweep planes had been trapped. The traps where placed by master trap makers that where highest skill possible in the cosmos. After five more minutes he would open door with scaly looking hands and walk out and head towards the meeting room council has chosen to meet these brave warriors in.

The hallway had what looked like very expensive paints and gold wall decorations that no ruler they ever had possible met could even dream of affording. Every few feet where giant suits of armor made of platinum it would seem through they differently not made combat purpose but decoration it would seem. The guide would stop at very large metal door and knock three times before the door would open slowly on its own.

Once the door opens sitting high up shuffling through papers would be three beings. One of the three being is tall, blue-skinned creature dressed in voluminous robes, it moves with a slow, languid grace. Its hands are spidery and delicate, with an extra joint on each finger. The other council member resembles a towering, powerfully builthuman with brilliant topaz eyes, golden skin,and gleaming white wings.

The other one next to him resembles a dwarf with hair of fire and a beard of flames. It has brass-colored skin and appears to have been forged from fire and metal. The leader of the council is an imposing man dressed in gold-inlaid mithral full plate stands composed with a serious manner. Magnificent black-and-white feathered wings sprout from his back. His eyes glow gold underthick brows, and he wields a silvery greatsword.

#Raptor
2011-11-09, 07:50 PM
I'll quote here so its easier to see to what I'm actually responding... since some time has passed between the post I'm answering to and my reply. The rest of the conversation Oskar will just have listened in silence.

*Aaron shifts subjects*

So, until we can find some privacy, I'd like to know abit more about you two *he indicates Oskar and Grish*

So, and I hope I'm not prying overmuch, though I fear I am; my questions:

Sir dwarf:
What shall we call you? And are you one of Tasr's previous associates?
"Ah, my name is Oskar, from the Gulddrakonas clan." he says as he gets up from the seat. "And no, I'm not one of Tasr's associates... actually I have just shortly arrived in Van Gorgos, a good friend told me that I might find this place interesting... and if we end up finishing some demons or devils off or manage to disturb their plans, then this'll certainly be more than just interesting for me." his eyes are gleaming strongly at the thought.

Chilingsworth
2011-11-09, 08:05 PM
As he and Tarn enter the councilors' chamber, Aaron bows in differance to the council, then waits for Tarn to speak first, as befiting a principal.

Pazzo
2011-11-09, 08:28 PM
Tarn bows slightly, then standing full upright says in a proud voice, "Greetings, Fair Council members from across the planes. My name is Tarn Maures, and this is Aaron, who I have the honor of advising me. May I ask for what purpose I have been summoned?"

Diplomacy
[roll0]

stanleyindraven
2011-11-10, 08:02 AM
"Well Oskar, it would appear that we are in the same boat having just arrived here. Hopefully this venture will find what we are both looking for. Though I have no clue what is going on with this council they are here to meet," Grish addresses the one remaining with him. "It would appear they prefer to not have their minds read, or they can't be read."

#Raptor
2011-11-10, 07:34 PM
"Mmmh" Oskar strokes his beard as he listens. "Well, I don't know anything about them either. So Grish, have you traveled the planes before or is this your first time leaving the material plane too?"

stanleyindraven
2011-11-11, 09:03 AM
"It is really my first time going off like this, the prime material was just not the place for me," Grish replies.

#Raptor
2011-11-11, 06:38 PM
"Strange. So what do ya like better about the other planes, such as this one? I for one, still find this all very fascinating." Oskar shifts his weight a bit while speaking. It just seems so strange to him that someone would prefer something thats not the primal natural plane. Did it not have everything anyone would ever need to have a satisfied life?

niw18
2011-12-08, 12:26 AM
The guide would walk them down hall ways and made their way back to the others, look to the two, and speak to them “I well give you time to speak to the others I well return as soon as you fill them in on what the mission is. Also the location where they are going” the guide would nod to them and step outside to give them time to speak to the others. The guide would step out and close the door and wait as he was sure the talk would be interesting and might be heated.

Chilingsworth
2011-12-08, 02:02 AM
So, Tarn, will you tell them what the council said, or shall I?

stanleyindraven
2011-12-08, 08:08 AM
"Am I to take it that this will not be good," Grish questions.

#Raptor
2011-12-08, 11:16 AM
Oskar nods. "So do I. What did they tell you?"

Pazzo
2011-12-08, 08:01 PM
"We are to travel to Sigil, and from there we shall conduce a campaign of missions. There are more details but I feel they are best discuss away from the ears of others. There was a promise of substantial rewards, but I must warn you, the work looks dangerous." Looking over the group as a whole. he says with a smile, "But I think we can handle it. So if you have any goods and the like, I would suggest you pack up quickly. The sooner we leave the better."

Chilingsworth
2011-12-08, 08:32 PM
*Aaron nods* I'm also confident in our abilities. As for my belongings... *he pats his pack* I've got everything I need.

#Raptor
2011-12-08, 10:23 PM
"Same here." Oskar says. "Let us get out of here quick, I would like to learn more about those Missions as soon as possible."

stanleyindraven
2011-12-09, 07:56 AM
"This sounds interesting, hope it leads to something great," Grish says as he stands.