PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Buffs for gestalt party!

Thorin
2011-11-01, 11:08 AM
Well, after some thinking and party-agreement, we have come to 4 players:

Soulknife 9// Cleric 9
Zen Archer // Sorc -> Arcane Archer
Qinggong Monk 4/Soulknife 1/Warmind 4 // Psywar 9 (updated)
Magister 9 // Antipala 2/Bard 7

Well, i will mostly be buffing and performing, providing heavy controlling and some area damage (when i donīt need to use my actions in other things)

The magister, allows me to learn basically any spell. I will have the arcane list as primary and using a feat, the cleric list also (this means that wiz/sor and cleric spells are of the same level as shown in their tables, but druid spells are+1 and other classes are+2 (bards, summoners, pala, ranger etc). When the spell is in more than one spell list, i use the more convenient one.

And, i will be able at lvl 10, to cast "personal" spells as touch.

Given all of this information, could you list what spells do you think would be a great contribution to the party? Those affecting multiple creatures are even better

Thank you in advance playgrounders!

PS: We can use any material found in http://www.d20pfsrd.com

SamBurke
2011-11-01, 11:14 AM
Go summoner. Their list has TONS of spells discounted from their proper level, including some level 9s at 5-6. Unfortunately, you're getting them at +2, but, hey, getting it one level early is nice.

Stuff to get:

Displacement.
BattleMindLink. This one's unusual, but great for a caster-based party.
Anything that mentions "initiative" in its description.
Fly (Better speed, I prefer this to Overland Flight, unless you're just running around with it.)
Greater Invisibility.
Mirror Image.
Summon X. Some of these monsters have nice buffs built in, and can just plain take hits for you guys.

Thorin
2011-11-01, 11:40 AM
Just read Gallant Inspiration. Bard 2, imm action that grants a +2d4 to a failed skill check or attack roll... yes please!

There are quite a few swift/imm spells, but i canīt read them all XD

NamelessNPC
2011-11-02, 01:53 AM
For the record, my actual build is Qinggong Monk 4/Soulknife 1/Warmind 4 // Psywar 9

Thorin
2011-11-02, 11:08 AM
Well, haste is kindda obvious.

I nedd mostly buffs not from the "morale" line, because inspire courage is a morale bonus :/