PDA

View Full Version : Sleep, Optimizable?

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-01, 07:32 PM
So is sleep at all optimizable? I feel that sleep of sorts could really benefit a party.
Charging Army of Lv 1 Fighters or something.
Sleep Take out 4 as a Level 1 spell,
Blast off Deep Slumber ooh 10 fall asleep as a level 3.
Binding, is nice, Comatose for 1 YEAR per caster level. but as a level 8 spell It's late game when better spells can be cast.
The Best I know is Symbol of Sleep (5th Spell) which a wizard can get at level 9, and a sorcerer can get it at 10, 60ft radius of the symbol(caster) with less than 10HD who fail their will-save fall into a "catatonic sleep" for 3d6x10 minutes (most 1 hour) then the small fortune you drop on the material components, this doesn't seem like such an appealing option, I mean You can Maximize it for the guaranteed hour which is nice, And max the save DC, but is there a better way to have an effective way to sleep opponents, baring these four spells?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-11-01, 07:34 PM
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Casting Time: 1 round (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#castingTime)

ExemplarofAvg
2011-11-01, 07:42 PM
Short answer: No.

Long answer: Casting Time: 1 round (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicOverview/spellDescriptions.htm#castingTime)

Balls...
No Bloodshed infiltration is something I'd like to manage sometime, and failing that Coup de Grace.

Rubik
2011-11-01, 08:12 PM
Well, assuming you're not talking about the spell (and yes, I know you are), Lucid Dreaming is doable. JaronK made an expert build capable of taking over the world at or before level 10, literally in his sleep.

sreservoir
2011-11-01, 08:21 PM
Well, assuming you're not talking about the spell (and yes, I know you are), Lucid Dreaming is doable. JaronK made an expert build capable of taking over the world at or before level 10, literally in his sleep.

it's also a kinda-sorta-not-really-but-really-very setting-specific, and broken skill, so uh. more or less TO-territory there.

cagemarrow
2011-11-01, 11:03 PM
Well a binder with an effective binder level of 18 or higher can use the warstrith demon from fiend folio to cast symbol any as a spell like ability once every 5 rounds. Doable early with bloodline shenanigans. Just make sure you can beat a 21 wisdom check or the summon will break free of your control.