PDA

View Full Version : Optimise my Bone Knight

Jaraak
2011-11-01, 10:36 PM
DM is fast tracking us from level 13 to level 20 for the final session or two of our campaign. Currently I am playing a Cleric 5 / Bone Knight 8.

Never really went past level 14 before so need help on where to go next. All books (except dragon mag) are available. My feat build is for divine metamagic persist and I also have power attack.

What are some awesome high level spells I can use? (ie. Was going to Miracle (Poly object) into a war troll.

What should I do for my classes? Keep going BK to 10 then fill the rest with cleric?

I want to be a melee powerhouse. Well. Already am but more so :)

Thanks in advance!

hex0
2011-11-02, 08:41 AM
Pick up Prestige Paladin (of the appropriate alignment)

Jaraak
2011-11-02, 08:30 PM
It is tempting to get 3 levels of Prestege Pally but I will lose a caster level. If I have to lose a caster level I may as well go Hierophant and get Divine Reach; they I could bust out DMM:Quickened Heals on party members without interrupting my smashing.

hex0
2011-11-02, 09:19 PM
You get a lot in return for that 1 lost caster level. Smite, Mount, Divine Grace, and Lay on Hands. And all the Paladin spells.

Andvare
2011-11-02, 09:30 PM
Only the first level of a Prestige Paladin is IMHO worth it (for the paladin spellbook). Of course, for a melee cleric, it could be decent.
Now Divine Oracle or Contemplative on the other hand...

Divine Oracle. Evasion in Full Plate? Yes please! Uncanny Dodge and Improved Uncanny Dodge, without loosing those precious spell levels? Yes please!
Contemplative might be done with one level as well. Extra domain is always nice. Get one that you can trade in for a devotion, like knowledge or law.

I'd go with all ten levels of Bone Knight (immune to sneak attack and crits is always nice), 1 level of contemplative (knowledge devotion if you have any knowledge skills, law if you don't) and 4 in Divine Oracle, just enough to get you evasion and uncanny dodge.