Necroticplague
2011-11-02, 06:19 AM
Feathered Wing Graft
Greater Collar of Umbral Metamorphoses
Silithar Blood Graft

peacenlove
2011-11-02, 07:53 AM
My favorites are:
Ritual of dark flames (Great attack for rogues, just have a backup plan for undead/constructs), Ritual of Terror, which gives you cheap bonuses to will saves and another ritual from Shar's church from lords of darkness that allows you to teleport or vanish at will.
Sparring Dummy of the master, while expensive, can be very useful to a build that avoids full attacks. Magic of Faerun.
Ritual of the blot, dragon 330. Combine with Dread Witch for the nifty fear spells (one of them have the fear descriptor but dazes instead) or with a summoner build in early levels (Amoebic crawler is a very nice tanking summon, 50 hp + status effects on hit from a level 2 summon and the face hugger critter is just hilarious). Cost: 400 or 1400 gp, 2 high knowledge checks, 1 point of constitution to gain it as a bonus feat.

Friv
2011-11-02, 08:23 AM
It's hard to beat Demon Ink Tattoos for value, even with the errata giving them attunement requirements.

peacenlove
2011-11-02, 09:19 AM
It's hard to beat Demon Ink Tattoos for value, even with the errata giving them attunement requirements.

Location / Short description please?

Krazzman
2011-11-02, 09:25 AM
my favourite was a cursed item (a figurine) that changed your alignment one step to evil or chaotic if you were already evil and gave a bolstered bonus on skill checks, attacks and saves.

Friv
2011-11-03, 07:54 AM
Location / Short description please?

Mea culpa.

Demon ink tattoos are not a D&D object, although it could be transferred over to D&D as a custom object without too much trouble. I was cross-posting between here and the White Wolf forums, and wrote something Exalted-related without really thinking about it. So basically, total fail on my part.

That said, the idea is as follows: you melt down a demon's soul into a gooey liquid, stir it up, and mix it with ink in order to give yourself tattoos. Doing so gives you a permanent bonus to a stat based on the demon's capabilities. The D&D equivalent would be an Ability or Skill-boosting effect that was non-slotted.