PDA

View Full Version : The Succubus is officially an old man

The Succubus
2011-11-02, 03:55 AM
Yes folks, I turned 30 this morning and feel rather depressed as a result. I've never turned 30 before. Is special equipment needed?:smallfrown:

Feytalist
2011-11-02, 04:04 AM
Anecdotal evidence suggests your body will start to rebel against you from now on.

In other words, congrats :smallbiggrin:

Killer Angel
2011-11-02, 04:39 AM
Is special equipment needed?:smallfrown:

1- buy a very good bottle of wine
2- save it for the 40th birthday
3- enjoy with a good dinner.

(if you're not patient, skip the 2nd point).
The thing is: you're no more a boy, you're a real man! you're in the Premiere League. It's time to be solidly proud of yourself. It's time to celebrate! :smallbiggrin:

Starwulf
2011-11-02, 05:22 AM
Yes folks, I turned 30 this morning and feel rather depressed as a result. I've never turned 30 before. Is special equipment needed?:smallfrown:

I feel for ya man, I reach this particular milestone myself in 26 days.

Asta Kask
2011-11-02, 06:25 AM
Young whippersnapper.

LaZodiac
2011-11-02, 08:11 AM
Happy birthday Succubus! And don't worry, everyone reaches that next tier of age and it freaks them out. In the end, it's nothing to be scared of :smallsmile:

I totally turning twenty in January and is nervous

factotum
2011-11-02, 08:11 AM
Yes folks, I turned 30 this morning and feel rather depressed as a result. I've never turned 30 before.

You've been going downhill since you were 25 anyway, so you probably won't notice the difference. :smallwink:

(Although--30, old? I'm 41, you cheeky get!!! :smalltongue:).

pendell
2011-11-02, 08:14 AM

Hang onto it 'cause you'll need it when you're 40. I've spent the past half-year mourning my 40th birthday, but knowing that I'll turn 50 soon enough so I'd better quit whining and enjoy the decade while I've got it.

Respectfully,

Brian P.

Thundercracker
2011-11-02, 08:35 AM
30 is, in actuality, 21 with 9 years of experience. :smallsmile:

Arminius
2011-11-02, 09:49 AM
The thread title is rather disconcerting.:smalleek:

I guess I'd best get off your lawn now. Happy Birthday!

Manga Shoggoth
2011-11-02, 09:55 AM
I'm not even sure I noticed when I turned 30. Or 40 for that matter.

It doesn't help that each time someone asks me how old I am, I have to work it out. (No point in memorising my age - it changes each year)

Kneenibble
2011-11-02, 09:56 AM
Brace yourself for thirty sound spanks, you Italian stallion -- I'm not going to spare any palm leather for some old man's gnarled bum.

Here is a cake for after.
http://www.cakewrecks.com/storage/KelindaS-lw-ss1.jpg

Tirian
2011-11-02, 10:01 AM
Thirty isn't old, it's mature. When I hit forty, I was surprised to find that that wasn't even old. My parents are nearly seventy and I don't think they feel old most of the time.

I agree with Killer Angel. Do something for yourself that mature people do. I bought myself a piece of $500 art, knowing that I'd be around to enjoy it for a very long and happy time. If wine is your thing, do some wine.

H Birchgrove
2011-11-02, 05:03 PM
Four three years and a few months left for me! :smalleek:

Ravens_cry
2011-11-02, 05:30 PM
Less then a month and five years before I reach this milestone.
Time flies when you are having fun.

EmeraldRose
2011-11-02, 05:42 PM
You just need to understand how very many of us on here are already well past being 30. You're asking us to remember what turning 30 was like. And many of us have kids. We can't remember what happened 5 minutes ago half the time, or what we just went into that room for...

...why am I posting here again?

Oh yeah! For the cake!!!

http://tippinthescales.files.wordpress.com/2009/12/man-i-feel-old-too-many-candles-in-this-cake.jpg

Happy Succubus Day!!!!!

Trog
2011-11-02, 08:54 PM
You're 30. You're not an old man. Hell, neither am I and I have 10 years on ya. :smalltongue:

Anyhoo, happy birthday! :smallbiggrin: ...er... such as it is. :smallconfused:

Zigg'rrauglurr
2011-11-02, 09:07 PM
30 is, in actuality, 21 with 9 years of experience. :smallsmile:

Or 15, with 15 of experience...

Now The Succubus, welcome to the third decade, been here 4 months already, it's kinda cozy.

As for special equipment, I recommend "Diclofenac" for the back, it will eventually start to act up.

Savannah
2011-11-02, 09:37 PM
Thread title: The Succubus is officially an old man
Me: :smallconfused:

I'm afraid I can't really help with the being depressed thing, though, as I tend to figure that your options are getting older or dying, and I know which of those I'd prefer. Not to mention the fact that feeling sorry for yourself because you think you're old is just wasting time and therefore making yourself even older with nothing to show for it.

H Birchgrove
2011-11-03, 08:30 AM

He's (?) a shapeshifter. (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0365.html) Though I don't understand why he didn't pick the name "The Incubus". :smalltongue:

I'm afraid I can't really help with the being depressed thing, though, as I tend to figure that your options are getting older or dying, and I know which of those I'd prefer. Not to mention the fact that feeling sorry for yourself because you think you're old is just wasting time and therefore making yourself even older with nothing to show for it.

Verily, the lady doth speaketh the truth.

Shadow of the Sun
2011-11-03, 08:33 AM

Technically, every Succubus is male. The word has a masculine ending. A female would be a "Succuba".

H Birchgrove
2011-11-03, 09:23 AM
Technically, every Succubus is male. The word has a masculine ending. A female would be a "Succuba".

Nale has been tricked all these years! :smallbiggrin:

Kneenibble
2011-11-03, 10:08 AM

It's masculine only incidentally -- I forget what you call the particular morphology at work, but its meaning is 'an instance of lying under,' and so the gender of the construction is not significant.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-03, 10:35 AM
Happy birthday person!

The Succubus
2011-11-03, 01:19 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks. :smallredface:

So now I'm an old set of diving equipment? :smallconfused:

H Birchgrove
2011-11-03, 05:04 PM
Thanks for the birthday wishes, folks. :smallredface:

:smalleek: I just realised I haven't properly congratulated you, good sir. So I do it now: Happy Birthday, The Succubus! :smallbiggrin:

So now I'm an old set of diving equipment? :smallconfused:

Remember when we used to hunt jaguar sharks? Those were the days...

Asta Kask
2011-11-03, 05:40 PM
I read somewhere that the Incubus and Succubus are just two aspects of the same demon. The succubus comes to visit men and torment them with dreams of sexual debauchery, but they cannot return to Hell with the men's seed within them... so they visit young women and deposit the seed, now tainted by the stay in a demon's body, in them. And the result is a half-demon.

H Birchgrove
2011-11-03, 05:45 PM
I read somewhere that the Incubus and Succubus are just two aspects of the same demon. The succubus comes to visit men and torment them with dreams of sexual debauchery, but they cannot return to Hell with the men's seed within them... so they visit young women and deposit the seed, now tainted by the stay in a demon's body, in them. And the result is a half-demon.

Aside from the "failing basic Mendelian hereditary laws" (which can be excused since it was the Middle Ages if not earlier), this kinda makes sense.

I guess it means they're totally gender sex-fluid. :smalltongue: What fun they must have. :smallredface:

Traab
2011-11-03, 11:17 PM

You are no longer allowed to think 18 year old girls are attractive.
Your acceptable dating age range includes women with half grown/fully grown children now.
Time to start exercising, as its all downhill from here and you need to shore up the failing dam as much as possible.
Thats about all the advice I can offer, from my lofty vantage point of having turned 30 myself less than a month ago.

factotum
2011-11-04, 02:17 AM
You are no longer allowed to think 18 year old girls are attractive.

Slight correction: you can still THINK it, because thoughtcrime doesn't exist as yet. Saying it out loud, though, will sound creepy... :smallwink:

Sir Dar
2011-11-04, 07:38 AM
Happy birthday succubus! Have a happy and fun day! Hope you enjoy your cake or what ever food stuff you are eating for your birthday.

Traab
2011-11-04, 08:07 AM
Slight correction: you can still THINK it, because thoughtcrime doesn't exist as yet. Saying it out loud, though, will sound creepy... :smallwink:

True, but its safer to just pretend those 18 year olds are 12 and shut that part of your mind off. Or else you might get caught staring, and nobody likes the creepy old man staring at teenagers. Plus, its rather hard to be certain about a girls age, and thats way too close to the danger zone for a 30 year old to be looking at. :smallbiggrin:

It may have been easier for me because I worked as a chaperone for a dj who threw parties for middle school/high school students, so I got used to seeing 7th-9th grade girls who looked disturbingly mature. Made it easy to learn to shut off any attraction for the age bracket where you have any need to question their actual age.

Zigg'rrauglurr
2011-11-04, 11:53 AM
Age of consent in Argentina is 16 :smallamused::smalltongue:

Tirian
2011-11-04, 12:11 PM

*shudder* The half plus seven rule is a law of physics.

Traab
2011-11-04, 04:35 PM

Age of consent in my state is, I think, 17. That doesnt mean my 30 year old butt wouldnt get chewed out if I tried dating an 18 year old. Maybe when im a billionaire 70 year old I can grab me a 21 year old wife and be accepted for it, but right now its a wee bit creepy.

Asta Kask
2011-11-05, 03:39 AM
Age of consent in my state is, I think, 17. That doesnt mean my 30 year old butt wouldnt get chewed out if I tried dating an 18 year old. Maybe when im a billionaire 70 year old I can grab me a 21 year old wife and be accepted for it, but right now its a wee bit creepy.

Yeah. The AoC is 15 in Sweden, and I'm 37. I shudder to even think about it.

Dr.Epic
2011-11-05, 07:25 AM
Wait, aren't succubi female demons? I need to check the old MM on this.

Zigg'rrauglurr
2011-11-05, 08:47 AM
Yeah. The AoC is 15 in Sweden, and I'm 37. I shudder to even think about it.

And the desired effect of squeakiness is acomplished :smallbiggrin: