PDA

View Full Version : Turning Everyone is John into something you can make a campaign out of

Angry Bob
2011-11-02, 08:32 AM
I've introduced this game to some of my friends, and some have expressed a desire to play a longer game of it, or something like it.

I don't know how this would work. Would I be better off scrapping the existing mechanics, or just heavily modifying them? Is there an existing system that does something like this? What can I do to ensure no one has to just sit and watch for an extended period of time? EiJ is entertaining because of John's rapidly changing actions, but for a coherent story beyond "John performs zany antics and gets in trouble," voices would need to control john for longer.

I'm considering using d20 modern, me designing john's physical stats, and each voice building their own mental stats/skills/feats, but that still leaves the question of how do we determine control at any given time.

Basically, write every thought you have ever had on the subject of a long campaign wherein each player plays a different voice in the head of a single character.

Analytica
2011-11-04, 11:04 AM
Use an action talking stick item. Whoever holds it can speak "I do"-type phrases, which indicates John acts. All other conversation is just in John's head. When someone puts it down, another can take it up, or you can steal or cajole it from each other.