PDA

View Full Version : Weaponized Deck of Many Things

Lifeson
2011-11-02, 08:49 AM
Alternatively: Returning Vorpal Deck of Many Things +5.

There's a character in League of Legends (Twisted Fate) who throws playing cards for a weapon, and can enchant some of his attacks based on the cards drawn.

So, I've gotta wonder, can I weaponize the Deck of Many Things? Would it be worth it to sow chaos by throwing cards at people?

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 08:54 AM
Alternatively: Returning Vorpal Deck of Many Things +5.

There's a character in League of Legends (Twisted Fate) who throws playing cards for a weapon, and can enchant some of his attacks based on the cards drawn.

So, I've gotta wonder, can I weaponize the Deck of Many Things? Would it be worth it to sow chaos by throwing cards at people?

Technically, not seeing the card doesn't activate the deck.

Tyndmyr
2011-11-02, 09:02 AM
You can't really throw cards at people...they have to state their intention to draw.

That said, you can solve that with a diplomacy check. I once gave a party a DoMT, and they wandered about a thieves' guild, convincing people to draw. After three consecutive people all drew the change alignment card and decided to leave and dedicate their life to doing good, they and the deck were summarily tossed out of the guild for being meddling do-gooders.

Novawurmson
2011-11-02, 09:20 AM
If you're just interested in the fluff aspect of it, call your shuriken a deck of cards and optimize a throwing build. Should be pretty easy.

CTrees
2011-11-02, 11:09 AM
Pass the deck over -> Suggestion: "draw all the cards."

Dominate Person -> "Draw."

Use the utterly hilarious Pathfinder spell, Beguiling Gift (my DM preemptively banned this spell, just in case:smallbiggrin: )

More on Pathfinder, if you're just in it for the fluff of that LoL character? Check out the Harrower prestige class (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/prestige-classes/other-paizo/e-h/harrower). It's a full casting PRC that gains benefits based on drawing from a deck of cards. Also, use metal playing cards as shuriken, as Novawurmson suggested.

Lifeson
2011-11-02, 02:09 PM
I was actually expecting a little more of a "AHHH DON'T DO THAT" reaction, rather than the above posts. :smalltongue:

That Harrower prestige class looks all kinds of awesome. Sounds like an awesome half to gestalt build that seems all the rage in the games on these forums.

Provengreil
2011-11-02, 04:10 PM
I was actually expecting a little more of a "AHHH DON'T DO THAT" reaction, rather than the above posts. :smalltongue:

That Harrower prestige class looks all kinds of awesome. Sounds like an awesome half to gestalt build that seems all the rage in the games on these forums.

If you want a reason not to, then you should consider that you're the one who has to draw the cards to throw them...

King Atticus
2011-11-02, 04:26 PM
Also, you can only draw from the deck once (A pre-stated amount of drawn cards) and only within 1 hour of declaring how many you want to draw. Could make for an interesting encounter but it wouldn't get past that.

Ravens_cry
2011-11-02, 04:30 PM
If you're playing Pathfinder, Beguiling Gift (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/magic/all-spells/b/beguiling-gift) could get . . .interesting.