PDA

View Full Version : 4e Age of Worms: Dealing with the Spawn of Kyuss

Forte
2011-11-02, 10:41 AM
I'm running a group through an Age of Worms campaign. They're transitioning from whispering cairn to three faces of evil right now and I want to include some rituals in the treasure parcels to help them deal with the Kyuss worms and spawn in following adventures. I'd rather not have to homebrew a bunch of rituals, so does anyone have a list of protective or warding rituals for undead or rituals that halt or slow an undead creature's ability to create spawn?

Right now, I'm guessing their best bet would be holy water, alchemical silver, and/or Magic Circle, but I'd like something more thematic.

DragonBaneDM
2011-11-02, 11:13 AM
My only suggestion is Comrade's Succor. It's amazing for a Level 1 Ritual, and goes unseen a lot because it's in Dragon Magazine in the Vistani section.

Forte
2011-11-02, 01:15 PM
I'm looking more for rituals that will keep my PC's from dying to worms and becoming spawn. Something that I can give them to reward proactive defense.

Epinephrine
2011-11-02, 04:53 PM
Hmm, I ran the later chapters of the campaign in 4e, and didn't have much issue with players turning into spawn. A single decent heal score and the cure disease ritual was plenty. Isn't the whole thing disease based?