PDA

View Full Version : 3.5 Prestige Classes for a Pathfinder Harmonious Knight

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 12:25 PM
Howdy Playgrounders!

I have a weird question:

I plan on playing a:

Magic-Blooded Human PF Bard 3/PF Oathsworn Paladin 5/???

I plan on making use of Devoted Preformer, Sword of the Arcane Order, and other Synergy feats (Thank Mystra PF Bard can be Lawful).

I don't expect "double 9's," but instead hope for a "Bladesinger" who smites evil with his very might (perhaps a little awe as well)

My goal is Party Face/Comic Relief/Secondary Caster-Tank, who has no problems rushing into the thick of combat.

Any ideas?

-Tokuhara the Strangely Confused-

Hazzardevil
2011-11-02, 01:51 PM
I honestly would stay in paladin or find homebrew, theres a class called knight of the rightoues chord by errantx, that melds them quite well.

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 01:55 PM
I honestly would stay in paladin or find homebrew, theres a class called knight of the rightoues chord by errantx, that melds them quite well.

I LOVE THIS PRC!!!

I do have a good question: If I used Sound Striker Bard, could I use the Feat Ranged Smite to make my Smite Evil be on my Wordstrike?

Hazzardevil
2011-11-02, 01:59 PM
I LOVE THIS PRC!!!

I do have a good question: If I used Sound Striker Bard, could I use the Feat Ranged Smite to make my Smite Evil be on my Wordstrike?

As long as it's a ranged or ranged touch attack it works. I think it also works for spells by RAW but I think it might be wrong.

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 02:11 PM
As long as it's a ranged or ranged touch attack it works. I think it also works for spells by RAW but I think it might be wrong.

It's a use of Bardic Music

Hazzardevil
2011-11-02, 02:38 PM
It's a use of Bardic Music

I'll have to take a proper look at it, then I can be sure.

Weird Words works, but Wordstrike doesn't, I'm certain now.

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 02:50 PM
I'll have to take a proper look at it, then I can be sure.

Weird Words works, but Wordstrike doesn't, I'm certain now.

That means I need 8 levels of Bard... Dangit!

herrhauptmann
2011-11-02, 04:14 PM
Tokuhara, meet the Sublime Arcanamach. Sublime Arcanamach, meet Tokuhara.

Paladin 6, Suel Arcanamach 1, Abj Champ 3, Sublime Chord 1, Abj Champ +2 (adding to sublime), Spellsword 1, Sacred exorcist...

It'll add up to 9th level spells, but a lot of the best tricks from SA won't improve once you start taking other PrC. Nor will you have as many spells known/per day as a sorcadin.
Also, need DM approval for Harmonious Knight's inspire courage to count as bardic music.

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 04:16 PM
Tokuhara, meet the Sublime Arcanamach. Sublime Arcanamach, meet Tokuhara.

Paladin 6, Suel Arcanamach 1, Abj Champ 3, Sublime Chord 1, Abj Champ +2 (adding to sublime), Spellsword 1, Sacred exorcist...

It'll add up to 9th level spells, but a lot of the best tricks from SA won't improve once you start taking other PrC. Nor will you have as many spells known/per day as a sorcadin.
Also, need DM approval for Harmonious Knight's inspire courage to count as bardic music.

Not Literally HK, but the theme of the sub class: A Paladin/Bard

herrhauptmann
2011-11-02, 09:10 PM
Not Literally HK, but the theme of the sub class: A Paladin/Bard

Ya know, I should've caught that...
ANyway, that makes it easier. You've got bard song. And I think level 9 casting might still be possible. Issue would be getting your bab high enough for Suel. (You need 9 levels of sublime for 9th level spells)

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 09:51 PM
Ya know, I should've caught that...
ANyway, that makes it easier. You've got bard song. And I think level 9 casting might still be possible. Issue would be getting your bab high enough for Suel. (You need 9 levels of sublime for 9th level spells)

I can understand Sublime Chord, but Suel Archanamach is IMO better for hexblade or something else.

herrhauptmann
2011-11-02, 10:28 PM
The idea was a replacement for the sorcadin that would work better in lower op games.

I can understand Sublime Chord, but Suel Archanamach is IMO better for hexblade or something else.
Not sure what you're saying there...
That Suel would work better with a different base class than Paladin? If so, the sorcadin would probably do just as well based off of hexblade.

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 10:31 PM
The idea was a replacement for the sorcadin that would work better in lower op games.

Not sure what you're saying there...
That Suel would work better with a different base class than Paladin? If so, the sorcadin would probably do just as well based off of hexblade.

I'm just stating that I'm not a huge fan of it.

And besides, after a player one-shotted the BBEG last campaign as a Suel Archanamach build, it was banned.

herrhauptmann
2011-11-02, 10:51 PM
I'm just stating that I'm not a huge fan of it.

And besides, after a player one-shotted the BBEG last campaign as a Suel Archanamach build, it was banned.

Ok,
How'd they do that? I've yet to actually use the Suel, so I'd like to hear about experiences. (Also, what was the build? Suel/Abj Champ?)

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 11:02 PM
Ok,
How'd they do that? I've yet to actually use the Suel, so I'd like to hear about experiences. (Also, what was the build? Suel/Abj Champ?)

Basically, the party rested a full rest pre-BBEG fight (we had him cornered). It was an Eberron campaign, we were 20th level, and he was a Half-Ogre Half-Giant Barbarian/Suel/Abjurant Champion/Spellsword who weilded a Huge Platinum Minotaur Greathammer. He spent all of his spells to buff himself pre-battle, and we had to fight a Diviner/Divine Oracle/Fatespinner with 3 Death Knight Warblades. He ran up, rolled two 18's (1-hit-kill houserule) on a Power Attack -5 while raging and dealt nearly 400 damage total. Again, memory's a tad fuzzy, but the Diviner was dropped with a hammer smash on his opening turn

herrhauptmann
2011-11-02, 11:29 PM
Basically, the party rested a full rest pre-BBEG fight (we had him cornered). It was an Eberron campaign, we were 20th level, and he was a Half-Ogre Half-Giant Barbarian/Suel/Abjurant Champion/Spellsword who weilded a Huge Platinum Minotaur Greathammer. He spent all of his spells to buff himself pre-battle, and we had to fight a Diviner/Divine Oracle/Fatespinner with 3 Death Knight Warblades. He ran up, rolled two 18's (1-hit-kill houserule) on a Power Attack -5 while raging and dealt nearly 400 damage total. Again, memory's a tad fuzzy, but the Diviner was dropped with a hammer smash on his opening turn

Lemme guess, with leap attack + shocktrooper on top of a 40 or so strength before items? With a 6d6 weapon+reach?

Curious
2011-11-02, 11:31 PM
What you could do is Divine Bard (needs no adaptation) into Prestige Paladin (adapted to PF) using the feat that stacks Paladin levels with Bard levels to determine effective IC level.

Tokuhara
2011-11-02, 11:44 PM
Lemme guess, with leap attack + shocktrooper on top of a 40 or so strength before items? With a 6d6 weapon+reach?

Pretty Much, along with Bull's Strength, etc. along with every concievable strength item

herrhauptmann
2011-11-02, 11:58 PM
Pretty Much, along with Bull's Strength, etc. along with every concievable strength item

Most of those don't stack you know. Not when almost all of them say 'enhancement bonus' to str.

So Suel really wasn't instrumental to the one-shot kill then.