PDA

View Full Version : Myhtbusters: Conqueror

gunnar11
2011-11-02, 03:50 PM
The Guild

It's seems it is time again. There are bills to pay, boredom to make dissapear, new challenges to go for or maybe it's time to flee from the city (again)?
Either way, you have come to the right place, the place everyone is allowed to come, to apply, to hang out, have fun and discover.

In the left corner is where everything happens, the request/myths board. Last one didn't go that well... Pixies with fairydust again... More minor illusions...
In the center is (of course) the bar. Beautiful Karen is always watching over the guild. Beautiful, but unnapproachable. Not because she doesn't want to date, no, far from that. Unnaproachable because he grandfather watches over her. Yes, the wizard who stopped a volcano from erupting, that one. Ohh well...

Going up the staircase is the VIP lounge, with the most serious requests. Why did the unicorns dissappear? Where did our neighbouring country go? That type of quests is what you'll find there.

For now, though, you'll be attracted to the questboards on the left, those that don't take a year.

TurtleKing
2011-11-02, 09:00 PM
Halna

Hey Karen anything new going on? Halna Idozzy with her auburn hair and fair complexion chatting with Karen.

OOC: Female.

gunnar11
2011-11-03, 03:40 AM
Uggghh, I've been dying to go to Leonels party, you know? But of course granddad won't let me... I just want to go SO BAD! Karen answers, one of the glasses behind her shattering, yet again.

She quickly restores it with some murmurs and then continues: But nevermind that, how have you-
Look! The board is almost empty! Quick! get a job, or don't you want anything till the next week?

Dread Angel
2011-11-03, 04:01 AM
Lanathil

Lanathil lounged easily against the wall, his long fingers toying idly with the hilt of his finely-crafted rapier, his prize possession. I suppose the run-of-the-mill adventurers here aren't exciting enough for you, Karen? he called, his Elven accent giving a lilt to his words. With a fluid movement, Lanathil pushed away from the wall and glided over to the quest board, looking for something that might pose a challenge to his swordsmanship. Not that that was very likely at all.

TurtleKing
2011-11-03, 10:59 AM
OOC: I assume we know other members in the guild.

Hey Lanathil grab something and I'll come with you. Turning back to Karen. Taken cared of. So back to that party. When is it?

Morbis Meh
2011-11-03, 11:13 AM
Enter Marshal with his nose in a book, yet again and of course not pay attention to where he is walking, trips over an unidentified object on the floor sending his book flying towards the bar and himself face first into the floor.

gunnar11
2011-11-03, 12:10 PM
Lanathil notices that on the board there are only two quests left. The rest of them have been taken already:

Vingronar
Our town is approaching the 72nd day of the Extrins, the holy moon day. Prophecies say there will be creatures raiding us, those days. Weirdly enough, we have been seeing creatures arise already. Help us, please!

Reward: 8000 silver pieces

Torleantur
One by one our trees dissappear. Tribe also vanishing, cannot leave lands. Ground no fertile, no food. What does this? Help#

Reward: Useful things and money

While the book flies to Karen, she speaks: It's this weekend, but only VIP's are allowed. And no, Lanathil, you are handsome too, just not... how do I say it... Manly? enough? she throws the book back, and serves some beer to a customer. I've got to go now, I'm going to go shopping, bye :smallwink:
A large (understatement) woman takes her place, while she leaves.

OOC: In this world you'll have to degrade every monetary value:
gold becomes silver,
silver becomes copper, etc
Just because I think gold should be worth much more.

TurtleKing
2011-11-03, 12:27 PM
Oh well. So Lana anything good? As Halna asks the question she walks over to look herself.

Probably sees the same thing unless one just went poof and it is there.

Dread Angel
2011-11-03, 01:03 PM
Thought I said not to call me that, the elf muttered. There's two left. A town that wants defending from foretold raiders and offers a decent monetary reward, and what appears to be written on...a piece of bark, perhaps, by an illiterate cretin. His face showed his distaste. The request from Vingronar sounds a good deal better. I'm not sure there will be anything interesting causing infertility in the ground...certainly not the business of warriors such as ours.

TurtleKing
2011-11-03, 01:31 PM
Well want to round up two more to come along? Stumbles over there might work if he keeps his eyes open. Any other ideas? Halna says somewhat impatiently wantint to do something.

Dread Angel
2011-11-03, 01:59 PM
Heh. Stumbles. Lanathil snickered softly. Alright, let's see who we can get interested in this. Beats finding out what poisoned the ground over in...wherever that was... or sitting around here all day. Right, Stumbles? he called over to Marshal, grinning.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-03, 04:58 PM
Pardon me miss, looking at Lanathil Are you referring to me? gets up off of the ground and looks for his book. Damn Cretins leaving their messes on the floor... Oh yes you asked me a question! Right, well, as long as I get to study the creatures before we come back, I am writing a book you see, I will offer my services Finds book dusts it off and notices the hole in his trousers.

TurtleKing
2011-11-03, 05:04 PM
You might want to get that hole patched up unless it has a reason to be there. You would hate for something to poke through that hole. As for the studying go right on ahead. Reminds me I should be figuring out how to do… Halna starts rambling off somethings to herself not loud enought to be heard.

#Raptor
2011-11-03, 08:33 PM
Jin

Jin is currently unshaped, so he has standard pale face/white hair as normal for changelings.

Jin was sitting on a table, whittling on a small piece of wood with a little carving knife. It looked like he was making a little horse... at least until Marshal faceplants and Jin spazzes in shock, cutting off one of the little stumps which looked like it might have become a leg.

"Argh, not again!" He says, obviously frustrated. "And thats not a mess. Thats my finest carving wood!" he points at the wood laying around loosely on the floor. Then his eyes wander towards a few small pieces of wood on his table which look more like something a dire wolf chewed on than skillful carvings.

Placing down his carving knife, he stands up. "So... 8000 Silver? Doesn't sound bad. Although I would be really curious who actually goes around stealin' trees, I've got to make a living somehow and definitions of 'useful things' vary wildly."

TurtleKing
2011-11-03, 09:04 PM
What you trying to sculpt? Oh sorry I meant carve.Well are you ready or do you need to grab your stuff? Halna takes a look at the carving before waiting for their responses.

gunnar11
2011-11-03, 09:28 PM
While still discussing the matter, and trying to get other people to go and do the same quest, you almost don't notice someone approaching the board himself. Caldric, as you know this person is called, seems to ponder for a moment and takes the Torleantur quest from the board. It seems you've got no chances left. Vingronar it is?

Morbis Meh
2011-11-03, 11:12 PM
Hmmmm... looks like our decision has been made for us if we want to get out of here points to the now somewhat vacant board. Dammit Jin you can't whittle to save your soul I think you are intentionally trying to kill me. Ooooh this was my favorite pair of pants Looks at Jin dourly Do you know how long it too me to make these damn things, I finally got the crotch right on them!

TurtleKing
2011-11-03, 11:16 PM
Well at least you now have a hole to air it out. Halna grabs the last one. Get your stuff boys. We leave in 10 minutes. Halna goes an grabs her stuff. Going off like this it is always good to thave the gear ready.

Dread Angel
2011-11-04, 04:24 AM
Lanathil grinned at the way Halna was taking control. The other two were so passive sometimes, it took a firm hand to get them out the door and going. Sounds like a plan. He tucked his toe under a piece of Jin's carving wood and, with a fluid motion, flicked it up into the air. Faster than the eye could follow, his rapier appeared in his hand and he drove the point effortlessly through the wood. He flicked his wrist, and it fell to the floor in two pieces.

The edges of the blade shimmered, betraying the magic embedded within it. Satisfied, Lanathil slid the blade home in its well-tooled scabbard. I'm ready. Let's go.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-04, 08:57 AM
Sets book down on the table I am also ready, you tend to forget that I travel lighter than the rest of you

#Raptor
2011-11-05, 02:19 PM
Jin takes a inspecting look at Marshals pants, including the new hole. "Well, look at it this way, now you don't have to open your pants when you have to take a leak." he says, amused.

"And its no surprise I don't get any good carvings done in here. People keep distracting me, kicking my wood, stumbling over it... or they just cut it into pieces! How am I supposed to work with that?" he sighs, grabbing his backpack. "Well, whatever. Got everything I need right here. Lets go." and with that he steps in front of the table and the wood, kicking it under the table with his heels.

TurtleKing
2011-11-05, 02:48 PM
Halna rejoins them after only a moment with her stuff. So anyone have directions or a map? Marshal at least close that up with a flap or something unless you offering services?

Morbis Meh
2011-11-05, 03:20 PM
Mumbles incoherently FINE! Goes behind the bar and steals an apron then proceeds to quickly tie it around his waist. Enough gawking at my loins people we have better things to do.

gunnar11
2011-11-05, 03:31 PM
The big woman doesn't seem happy you took an apron from behind the bar. Quite frankly, she's glaring at you.

TurtleKing
2011-11-05, 03:32 PM
I know. I'm sorry you just make it too easy. After a bit of laughing Halna finally settles down. Yes lets go. Do any of you know the way there?

Morbis Meh
2011-11-05, 07:29 PM
Of course I do!survival check[roll0]

gunnar11
2011-11-08, 06:00 PM
You don't seem to remember where that village is... You only know where north is.

TurtleKing
2011-11-08, 06:07 PM
I say we first get a map. On the way might find a someone that can fix that hole. Might be able to pay for it wothout using money.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-08, 06:10 PM
Meh, not a big deal it feels rather nice and its easier to answer the call of nature. As for the map well if you say so but let's be quick about this ad get a move on!

TurtleKing
2011-11-08, 06:12 PM
Then lead the way.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-08, 07:11 PM
Walks out of the bar and begins heading toward the stables.

#Raptor
2011-11-13, 01:11 PM
Jin follows Marshal to the stables, scratching his pale head as he tries to remember where Vingronar is.

Thought its auto-assumed we are all following Marshal but if thats not the case... might as well make a roll too.
[roll0]

#Raptor
2011-11-13, 01:17 PM
Sorry about the doublepost but I just thought of something... its not a survival roll, its knowledge Geography, no?
Don't have any points put into it so I can't get a result over 10, but perhaps thats enough.
[roll0]

gunnar11
2011-11-13, 01:18 PM
Again, you seem to discern north, but not where the town actually lies.
Soon you arrive at the city stables. Nice horses and mules to see, pretty much a standard stable, except for the golden horse standing in one of them.

#Raptor
2011-11-13, 01:27 PM
"Huh." Jin stares at the horse in surprise. "Marshal, you ever saw a horse like this?" he moves closer and rubs the horses side with his thumb. "Maybe its paint?"

Morbis Meh
2011-11-13, 03:34 PM
Moves towards the horse, examining it closely. Hmmmm.... let me see, ahh interesting.

Knowledge Nature check [roll0]

TurtleKing
2011-11-13, 04:00 PM
Found one for me? Halnacomes over to admire the steed.

gunnar11
2011-11-13, 05:46 PM
It seems like a normal horse, except for it's goldness. I feels like a real horse, and as a real horse, he seems unsettled. As does the owner, approaching in an almost-raging fashion towards you. The horse doesn't seem painted

#Raptor
2011-11-13, 06:20 PM
He turns to Halna with a grin "Well, If you got the spare gold for a gold horse..." then he becomes contemplative "I wonder who did this and how he did it." ...that is, until he notices the owner. He stops rubbing the horse and hastily takes a few steps back.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-13, 10:26 PM
Is completely oblivious to the owner and begins to examines the horse's teeth, flanks and hooves. Occasional contemplative murmurs are heard both nothing discernible or coherent.

gunnar11
2011-11-21, 04:58 AM
Hey! Keep your hands off my horse! I don't know who did it, nor why, but it's still my horse, so get lost! the owner says, after which he whistles and the horse runs off.

Well? he says

TurtleKing
2011-11-21, 08:49 AM
What!? We only found him that way.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-21, 05:51 PM
Oh damn, I was just about to collect some hair samples... Who are you and why did you scare off the animal! Marshal finally recognizes the owner and glares at him with displeasure.

gunnar11
2011-11-22, 08:22 AM
You're yelling at me, you sissy girl!? It is MY horse, so don't touch it! GUARDS! he yells, now really angry. He suddenly has a broom in his hand, and beats Marshal with it. In the meanwhile, guards seem to be approaching.

Marshal

Attack (vs Flat-footed, yes :smallbiggrin:): [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

#Raptor
2011-11-22, 08:48 AM
Jin is looking on in surprise as the old man starts hitting Marshal. Then he notices the guard and his thoughts begin to race.. "Damn... what have we gotten ourselves into again?" then his face clears as he has a Idea.

"Stop you crazy fool!" he yells out "We were sent here on order of the king to inspect your horse! And now stop beating our veterinarian!"

This better be a good roll... :smallbiggrin:
[roll0]

Morbis Meh
2011-11-22, 10:37 AM
muahaha miss! I have no Dex bonus not to mention he is fighting with an I.provided weapon...
What the devil are you doing you half cocked ninny! Guards this twit is attacking me! Arrest him!
Marshal then attempts to grab the broom from the crazed man...
touch attack (I am assuming he is an arcane caster) [roll0]
Opposed strength check[roll1]

TurtleKing
2011-11-22, 11:04 AM
I wasn't yelling besides we were admiring the steed. Thats all.

gunnar11
2011-11-27, 09:17 AM
The man looks estranged while one of you is trying to bluff the guards, another one is trying to calm him and the third says you have been sent by the king. The guards are now here and ask:
"What seems to be the problem, gentlemen?" while looking threatening to you.

Listen check DC 15

You hear one of the (four) guards approach the horse's owner and say: Everything alright dad? What's happening?

One of them carries the horse with him.

Morbis Meh
2011-11-27, 02:25 PM
listen [roll0]

#Raptor
2011-11-27, 02:36 PM
[roll0] *Tooshortmessageislongenoughnow*

#Raptor
2011-11-27, 02:48 PM
Jin does his best to look serious and in charge of the situation. "Thank you for your assistance, guards. We were sent here to investigate about the rumors of the golden horse." He pauses for a moment, to let his words sink in. Then he faces the guard that called the horse owner his father. "Could you please calm your old man? He attacked our veterinarian with a broom."

Another bluff check, another chance to fail at bluffing... this time against 4 opposed sense motive checks.
[roll0]

/Edit: Woah... crap. :smalleek:

gunnar11
2011-12-04, 12:14 PM
SM:[roll0]
SM:[roll1]
SM:[roll2]
SM:[roll3]

Oh, I'm sorry sir, it's just that you don't look like an official officer, so I thought... May I see your papers then? You know, gotta keep everything in check around here. One of the guards says. It seems everyone believes you

#Raptor
2011-12-04, 02:58 PM
"Ah, now I see the source for your confusion. We are no official officers, we were hired due to the lack of local experts in service of the king. We were supposed to already have our papers, but they still have not arrived. However, we are bound by our contract to start investigating today. We will inform you immediately when the papers have arrived." He gives the guard that has spoken to him a reassuring nod. "But for now we need to take this horse and a few others out for a ride, to see if it still behaves normally, social interaction with other horses and so on... I don't want to bother you with the details."

I hope I'll roll better than on the last one... and that the guards keep rolling so low on their sense motive. :smallcool:
[roll0]

gunnar11
2011-12-04, 03:02 PM
SM:[roll0]
SM:[roll1]
SM:[roll2]
SM:[roll3]

Ehhh.. very well then... the guard says, obviously confused.
Germain!? he calls to the other guard. Send the headquarters about this, so it's recorded..
The other guard takes out a scroll of sending, says some words and sends them.

Morbis Meh
2011-12-04, 03:32 PM
Marshal, still attempting to wrestle the broom away from the crazed man, looks up at the commotion that Jin is orchestrating and pleads. "Will someone please get this crazed nut off of me, I don't want to harm him but I really do not appreciate being hit with a broom!"