PDA

View Full Version : Brainstorming "Alignment Champions" -- New Roles for the Monk and Paladin

wayfare
2011-11-02, 06:10 PM
I was just thinking of new ways to fluff monks and paladins, and I was thinking that Monks and Paladins could be champions of a specific alignment.

Paladins would embody Good (not just lawful good, but any kind of good)

Monks embody Law (once again any kind of law)

I just need ideas for classes could embody chaos and evil. I am ok with homebrew, and definitely intend to do some class modification of my own.

Here are my goals:

To create champions that embody an alignment, each with their own specific ways of fighting.

Each class will have divine spellcasting reflecting their alignment (Paladins get access to the good domain, Monks the law domain).

The Spellcasting will go up to level 5.

Each class will have unique abilities activated by sacrificing spells.

Within this framework, anything is a good suggestion! Please help me create ideas for these classes!

One note -- i know that the alternate paladin classes exist. I want to create classes that don't follow the same template, that have their own unique ways of tackling problems.

The Boz
2011-11-02, 06:16 PM
.0, .5 o .P?

wayfare
2011-11-02, 06:22 PM
.0, .5 o .P?

3.5, but I'm not opposed to pathfinder

The Boz
2011-11-02, 06:24 PM
What happens to Evil? Antipaladins?
And what about Chaos?
And where does that leave Neutral?

wayfare
2011-11-02, 06:26 PM
What happens to Evil? Antipaladins?
And what about Chaos?
And where does that leave Neutral?

Thats my very question!

What would a champion of chaos look like? Or a Champion of Evil. All ideas would be appreciated.

Diefje
2011-11-02, 06:37 PM
Barbarian would be chaos

Rogue (assassin archetype) for evil?

The Boz
2011-11-02, 06:41 PM
While Barbarian fits the chaos theme, he doesn't fit if you're aiming for a caster. Bard fits chaos caster perfectly, though.
Druid could theoretically fit neutral, it's even his fluff, but he would need a MASSIVE rework of all his spells in order to actually fit mechanically.