PDA

View Full Version : A medley of questions !

NimbleNZ
2011-11-03, 12:11 AM
A medley of questions for the playground, i’m looking for all answers by RAW. Hope people don’t mind me asking so many questions of late!
Here goes:

-Does the undead template for necropolitan use CHA instead of Con for concentration checks?

-Can someone point me in the direction of the basic undead template?

-the Membranous wings in the Fiend Folio p.211 says the creature can fly “at a speed equal to twice its normal land speed”. I was wondering why it says “normal land speed” and not ‘base speed’. Does it mean it does not double the effects of Haste etc, but it DOES double stuff like fast movement or the ‘fast leg’ graft?
So fly speed would be: 30x2 ft (base x2) + 10x2 ft (fast movement) + 30 (haste) = (30 + 10)x2 + 30 = 110?
OR would it just be 30x2 ft +30 (haste) = 90?

-can has two ‘fast leg’ fiendish grafts; one for each leg? (if yes...could a thri-kreen have 4?)

-diamond heart manoeuvres, they work like this, right?
concentration d20 + ranks in concentration + concentration modifier... Is this correct?

That’s it that’s all *zweep*
And thanks heaps :smallbiggrin:

Thrice Dead Cat
2011-11-03, 05:22 AM
Undead always use CHA in place of CON for concentration.

Check the errata/3.5 update for the graph: odds are, it should refer just to the base land speed.

I can't answer for the graphs, sadly.

For Diamond Mind maneuvers, most of them tell you to just make a concentration check. Thus, for the normal, non-undead, it would be CON mod+ranks+misc modifiers (Skill Focus, items, etc.).

KillianHawkeye
2011-11-03, 06:58 AM
-Can someone point me in the direction of the basic undead template?

There's no such thing as a "basic undead template."

Also, we have a whole thread for RAW questions and answers.

NimbleNZ
2011-11-03, 07:00 AM
Also, we have a whole thread for RAW questions and answers.

ahhh...sorry i didnt realise, my bad :smallredface: