PDA

View Full Version : Effigy Question

Elrihm
2011-11-03, 12:00 PM
If you make an effigy of an elf, could you increase the HD of the effigy? I know other creatures like the war troll have advancement built in, but I'm looking for an 8 HD or less humanoid thing that could wield enchanted equipment. Actually, that begs another question, can I enchant my effigy itself?

Anderlith
2011-11-03, 12:01 PM
If you make an effigy of an elf, could you increase the HD of the effigy? I know other creatures like the war troll have advancement built in, but I'm looking for an 8 HD or less humanoid thing that could wield enchanted equipment. Actually, that begs another question, can I enchant my effigy itself?

Technically you can advance anything. It's all a matter of how.

Elrihm
2011-11-03, 12:11 PM

That's not actually helpful...

Anderlith
2011-11-03, 12:31 PM
Well do you want to add HD with class levels? Or do you want to make the effigy more effigy-ish?

Urpriest
2011-11-03, 12:34 PM

No you can't (at least by hit dice), it has to have an advancement entry.

You can't make an effigy of a higher HD elf, because effigies don't keep HD from class levels. You'll want to use a more powerful elflike monster, like a Nymph or the like.

Elrihm
2011-11-03, 12:39 PM
I'd like to make it more effigy-ish, considering making it intelligent enough to take classes either takes a lot of cheese or a lot of effort. I'm considering using tauric to fuse a lizardfolk and a manticore together, and that will work, but it is still a bit big.