PDA

View Full Version : Race Question: Tiefling

Morithias
2011-11-03, 02:23 PM
Can Tieflings make pacts for your soul? Seriously I can't find any rules in the Fiendish Codex 2 on this. LOL

Thanks for the tip.

marcielle
2011-11-03, 02:29 PM
Not unless they work for someone who could actually DO something with said soul. There are actually ways for players to make pacts for souls and etc. but there are very few things players can actualy DO with them save serving as a miniscule crafting reserve. There actually might be some things you can do with them but I dont have many of the evil line of books. However, maybe you can sell these to devils in Pact Certain(never take the other type, they screw you over).

Morithias
2011-11-03, 02:57 PM
Not unless they work for someone who could actually DO something with said soul. There are actually ways for players to make pacts for souls and etc. but there are very few things players can actualy DO with them save serving as a miniscule crafting reserve. There actually might be some things you can do with them but I dont have many of the evil line of books. However, maybe you can sell these to devils in Pact Certain(never take the other type, they screw you over).

Well the tiefling is going to be LE anyways, and a servant of Glasya, so they can't make pacts with me anyways.

What book are the ways for players to make pacts for souls in?

marcielle
2011-11-03, 04:53 PM
I think it was Libris Mortis(not sure) or maybe Fiendish Codex. It's in Fiendish Codex I. I'm not really an expert on this but there was a lenghty discussion of this wuite a while back.

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104899

Note, you only want pact certain if you are on the OFFERING side. If you are on the receiving side, pact insidious is riskier but you can get out of damnation. Conversely, that's why you want a pact certain if you are offering.

I don't think there are hard and fast rules for a PC doing this but you try scouting and working under commision like Sabine does. Calling in a Harvester devil when an appropriate victim is found and getting a cut of whatever.

If you want to make the trade yourself, make sure to have a LG friend and ham it up, saying you had to do it 'for the greater good'. He can then save your soul by offering his instead, and you can save his by making 2 checks, a Knowledge Religion and Planes. Note, that if you are TOO evil, they get to take you anyway. Pact Primeval overwrites EVERYTHING so be sure to read up(at least more so than your DM).