PDA

View Full Version : Need some help with a 4e Homebrew project...anybody interested?

Maho-Tsukai
2011-11-03, 03:08 PM
As the title asks. With the recent release of the Samurai and Yakuza theme, as well as the hengeyoaki race It seems OA has been getting a bit more love from wizards, but they are still missing one class OA element...the shugenja. Thus, with Hengeyoaki receiving little support and a long-time desire to see more leader options that are not wis-based I have decided to start building some 4e OA content, including stuff aimed at supporting Hengeyoaki and a new divine(or shadow, if you choose one build) leader, the Shugenja. The shugenja is going to be very unique among leaders in the sense that it will be the first cloth-wearing leader.

It will be an entirely ranged leader class that hangs back and has a sort of "class gimmick:" each element focus has, among other things, an associated encounter power feature that has an initial effect that's powerful and a much weaker, but still useful effect that can be sustained indefinitely as long as the monster the power initially targets stays around and so long as the shugenja works within specific restrictions(which I have not yet set up.) The class would have certain powers that could be used while in "sustain mode" that usually work off of it and/or enhance it in some way and other powers that act and are used as normal(which would require you breaking "sustain mode" to use if you where in it and wanted to use one of these.)

However, while I have a lot of ideas, I am not all that great at balancing mechanics and generating lots and lots of ideas. Thus, I am looking for a partner in this endeavor. I am looking for a 4e fan with a love of OA, hengeyoaki or anything associated who is willing to work with me on this. Helping to make powers, feats, themes ect.. to expand the small amount of "OA" content wizards has released and also to help me balance my own content and act as somebody I can bounce ideas off of, and I would ideally help you as well.

Oh, and if you have not guessed, I am planing on making Hengeyoaki the optimal race to play as if your a shugenja.

So, anybody think they can help/want in?

vasharanpaladin
2011-11-04, 07:42 PM
Shugenja will be in Heroes of the Elemental Chaos, to be released next year. :smalltongue: