PDA

View Full Version : Enhancement bonuses

FearlessGnome
2011-11-03, 07:12 PM
So I'm curious as to just how high bonuses we can get to ability scores pre-epic. I know there are ways to get temporary non-enhancement bonuses to various stats by calling up obscure demons, getting your hands on certain domains, etc, but how high can we push the enhancement bonuses themselves?

A Transmuter Wizard can take the Dragon Magazine feat that increases the ability bonuses their spells give by +2. Fell Energy Spell increases this by an additional +2 for undead, so that's a +8 enhancement bonus out of a second level spell, three feats and a third level spell slot. How much higher can we go?

The highest I can get is +12 Dex, Int & Wis, (Plus +10 to natural armor, +7 to fort saves, and 102 temporary hp), with a 17th level undead Transmuter who has taken Spell Focus: Transmutation, Ability Enhancer, Fell Energy Spell and Mother Cyst. That's just one round/cl for a 9th level slot, though, so unless you're persisting things the +8 bonus may be more sustainable. Plus it works on allies.

Anyone able to push it higher?