PDA

View Full Version : Shifter's Pack 3.P

Tokuhara
2011-11-03, 08:26 PM
Howdy Playground!

I'm designing the following build:

Race: Longtooth Shifter (Razorclaw Extra Trait)
Class: Beastmaster (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/tripod-machine/beastmaster) 10/Beast Master (http://www.oocities.org/towerthebroken/pc-beast-master.html) 10

The idea is I was raised feral (moreso than a normal shifter. Taking Feral Rearing, which is a homebrew feat that gives me the Animal Type & +2 Wild Empathy/Handle Animal) who is making his own pack. He is the Alpha Male, and thus has these animals as his companions (5 at lv 20). Also taking Dogs of War, which gives me another Animal Companion from the following list: Badger, Bobcat, Dog, Eagle, Mountain Lion, Constrictor Snake, Wolf. They are treated as a familiar, with scent at lv 5. Regained as an Animal Companion if killed, but Familiar effects on me.

My question is what animal companions (7 total) should I grab, as well as feats, since I plan on taking Track at lv1.

Tokuhara
2011-11-03, 10:15 PM
Anybody with some bright ideas?

I have access to all 3.5 and PF sources and am starting at level 5. I plan to be fighting in a pack tactic, with my animal companions flanking the target (the idea is that we soften the target up, as a party member finishes them off. Think Kakashi's Ninja Dogs with his Raikiri in Naruto)

Tokuhara
2011-11-04, 09:01 AM
Please???? I could use some help

Chained Birds
2011-11-04, 10:05 AM
Wolves are always cool with the whole tripping deal. But if I had 7 animal cohorts of varying types, I'd probably go: 2-3 Flank/Trippers (Wolves), 1 Flyer/Scout (Raven), 2-3 Grappler/Tanks (Crocodiles) and maybe 1 Utility (Fly, Swim or Climb speed ridable animal).

PF Team feats are cool:
Flankers/Trippers
- Tandem Trip: No Prerequisites; roll twice for trip attempts if you and an ally theaten the same Target.
- Outflank: BA +4; When you and an ally with this feat flank the same Target, gain a +4 flanking bonus instead of +2.

Grapplers
- Broken Wing Gambit: Bluff 5; If you hit an oppent with a melee attack, you may grant the Target a +2 on atk and dmg against you as a free action. If the opponent attacks you, each ally with this feat is granted an AoO against the opponent.

Just my suggestions.

Tokuhara
2011-11-04, 10:46 AM
Wolves are always cool with the whole tripping deal. But if I had 7 animal cohorts of varying types, I'd probably go: 2-3 Flank/Trippers (Wolves), 1 Flyer/Scout (Raven), 2-3 Grappler/Tanks (Crocodiles) and maybe 1 Utility (Fly, Swim or Climb speed ridable animal).

PF Team feats are cool:
Flankers/Trippers
- Tandem Trip: No Prerequisites; roll twice for trip attempts if you and an ally theaten the same Target.
- Outflank: BA +4; When you and an ally with this feat flank the same Target, gain a +4 flanking bonus instead of +2.

Grapplers
- Broken Wing Gambit: Bluff 5; If you hit an opponent with a melee attack, you may grant the Target a +2 on atk and dmg against you as a free action. If the opponent attacks you, each ally with this feat is granted an AoO against the opponent.

Just my suggestions.

I also plan on grabbing Natural Bond to keep my animal companions (save the first two) higher on the Druid table (3 at my level, one at -2, one at -4, and one at -8)

Also, would Wild Cohort really be useful? In this instance, it doesn't get the benefit of my Beastmaster levels (I don't think)

also, there is a druid/ranger archetype that gives my animal companions an AC boost for free. Worth it?

Chained Birds
2011-11-04, 12:09 PM
There is a feat called Boon Companion (PF) which increases your Druid/Ranger level by +3 (I believe) in regards to 1 of your Animal Companions but you can take it more than once. And you could always do a few Handle Animal checks to make them all Warbeasts.

That's all the knowledge I've got concerning Animal Companion stuff...

Tokuhara
2011-11-04, 12:10 PM
There is a feat called Boon Companion (PF) which increases your Druid/Ranger level by +3 (I believe) in regards to 1 of your Animal Companions but you can take it more than once. And you could always do a few Handle Animal checks to make them all Warbeasts.

That's all the knowledge I've got concerning Animal Companion stuff...

Natural Bond is like Boon Comanion, but for all Animal Companions.

All Warbeasts? YES!!!

Edit: Since I have the Animal Type instead of the Humanoid type, can I give myself the Warbeast template?