PDA

View Full Version : Help! Emergancy Quest Preparations!

Aotrs Commander
2011-11-04, 07:18 AM
Okay, got a bit of a bind. Our group is having one of our one-off games a week on Saturday. Problem is, last night, the guy who was supposed to be running it had his motherboard die on him, and he doesn't have the time/money to repair it *and* finish writing the adventure in time.

Which puts it down to me. Again.

(Guess I won't be doing anything other than DMing until, like Easter then... *sigh*)

I don't have time to write a game inside a week, obviously (at least not to our level) - I've also got to start prep for a Rolemaster game at Christmas (and I'm DMing the current weekly game as well...)

Now, I have a couple of back-up 3.x modules, which I thought might serve... Problem is, from the looks of things they are all the wrong length. A full module is, obviously, way too long for a day game. The Pathfinder Society module (specifically, the Third Riddle) that I bought for this sort of emergancy ages ago looks a fair bit too short (as, from what I recall from the one I played at the one convention I went to, you run two a day). (I've already asked on their site if anyone knows if there are any of those modules that can be run linked, as two would probably be enough.)

So, what I'm looking for is something in between, that I can run in about six to eight hours (or thereabouts).

Edition/rules set is largely immaterial (thought D20-based is preferred) (as I'll either cough loudly over the differences and/or adjust/enhance the combat encounters either way).

Does anyone have any suggestions? Of any type?

Help would be appreciated!

Kurgan
2011-11-04, 07:46 PM
Not sure if it is what you are looking for, but there are a few modules over at Dragonsfoot that I like. You'll need to convert them from ad&d though...

Anyways:

Spider Farm (http://www.dragonsfoot.org/php4/archive.php?sectioninit=AD&fileid=152&watchfile=0): Short and straightforward module. A man decides to farm spider silk, things go badly when goblins attack. I fiddled with this one a bit a while back as an opener to a campaign, and the general reaction I got was positive (as well as comments of "who would farm silk from spiders the size of a cat?!).

The Melford Murder (http://www.dragonsfoot.org/php4/archive.php?sectioninit=AD&fileid=162&watchfile=0): A mystery/who dunnit. Someone has been murdered in the village of Melford, and it is up to the players to solve it. It also takes place in the same region as Spider Farm, so you can mesh the two together if you so desire. I haven't actually tried this one yet, so I cannot tell you how good it is in practice.

I believe there is a third module that goes with these two, but I forget what it is. Either way, its probably over at Dragonsfoot too.

Hope this helps!