PDA

View Full Version : Intrigue (IC)

Resden Harl
2011-11-04, 07:28 PM
Rathel Lorenson looked out upon the city he controls. The party tonight has been the one shining point on the horizon, what with the constant death threats, trade disagreements, traveling prince, people disappearing in the sewers, the navy being plagued by disease and attrition and other things he would rather not think about. Indeed, many of the proposed alliances have begun to sound appealing to him, but at this point going for any one of the other sides would only cause hatred from the others...

Curse my independent streak he thinks, as he signs off another paper for some bureaucratic nonsense or other. It was his last for the day, and he heads off to get ready for his and his lovely wife Caterines anniversary gala. What an interesting night it shall be...

Later that night

The party has thus far gone off without a hitch. Dignitaries from all walks of life, countries, and guilds were everywhere, enjoying the food, company, and entertainment. There was even a small betting pool going on which of the 6 bards would win the competition, to be held within the hour. Would it be Eric the Singer, Ralf the story teller, Alexandra the flutist, Ericha the dancer, or the crowd favorite, Lady Marceline? Rumor has it she has composed a new piece for this special event.

Victoria
2011-11-04, 10:00 PM
Alexandra, wearing her finest silks to the party, prepares for her turn to perform in the bard competition. She chats with Ericha over a glass of wine, probing, asking about her background, keeping her glass full, getting a little tipsy (she always likes to perform tipsy). Familiar faces come and go. She is comfortable in this environment, even if she doesn't feel like she belongs.

Pazzo
2011-11-04, 10:06 PM
Dusting off some fleck of wood from his fashionable clothing, Zackary enters the main hall from one of the side doors and raising a hand decorated with sapphire and silver rings, scans the crowd. Seeing a familair face, he sidesteps and glides his way across the crowd to appear behind Tore. Tapping the merchant on the shoulder, Zackary reaches across into his sleeves with both hands and pulls out two large wine bottoms, the tops caked lightly with dust.

"I believe these belong to you? Or should I give the gift directly to the host? I do have 40 minutes to spare, I am sure I could find him by then."

The Big Orc
2011-11-04, 10:11 PM
Clarissa, wearing her cleric vestments and a few borrowed trinkets, wanders the party with a barely touched glass of wine. Pelor may not frown upon the intake of wine but I have my own problems, Clarissa nods at Prince Boren and walks up to the Duke of Lighthel, "Hello good sir, what brings you here tonight? I am the churches representative here tonight, can I assist you in any way?"

Daftendirekt
2011-11-04, 11:38 PM
Lady Marceline -- as was her stage name, although she was not noble born, being the daughter of a merchant from Darkthel -- moves gracefully through the crowd, her black-and-crimson skirts flowing behind her. She moves purposefully up to the stage where her piano, delivered by her servants before the gala started, waited for her.

She sits down at the bench, arranging her skirts just so for a moment, and then closes her eyes, remembering the melody that she'd spent the last several months painstakingly and precisely putting together. A beautiful, if simple, piece. And so, placing her fingers delicately on the keys, touch light as a feather on the surface of a pond with nary a ripple... she begins to play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GTkzyyv0DuA), as always not announcing her piece, but trusting to its power to draw the crowd's attention. The opening notes sound slowly through out the hall, and by then heads have begun to turn and she begins the body of the piece.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-04, 11:48 PM
Forgot my Perform Check - [roll0]

Victoria
2011-11-04, 11:55 PM
Upon listening to the piece, Alexandra jumps up and applauds heartily!

Well done, Lady Marceline! Simple, yet beautiful. I would like to think it will be one of the favorites to win, perhaps I should withdraw from the contest because I don't think mine can compete!

Alexandra chuckles expectantly. As if on cue, the crowd roars, asking her to perform her prepared piece for the evening. Of course, she expected this. Without a delay, unsure if it was even officially her turn, Alexandra picks up her flute, and begins to play her flute solo. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctAkpSP1JkY)

Victoria
2011-11-04, 11:57 PM
Forgot my perform check too.

[roll0]

BelGareth
2011-11-05, 12:29 AM
Ban was anxious for the event, he had heard it was going to be the event of the year. He managed to garner himself an invite through the chamber maid of a local lady married to the governors Chamberlain. It was a lengthy and complicated issue but he managed it nonetheless.

Entering the party with his companion, the very same chamber maid, who by all accounts stole the eyes of several gentlemen. Ban surveyed the hall, he noticed several of the bards warming up, or where they performing there contest pieces?

Fashionably late? Seems I'm already the life of the party!

Ban Smiles to himself and walks past the threshold of the entrance way having paused long enough for those men who were staring to get caught by their wives/companions.

Moving through the crowd as slowly as he could he paused when he thought he was a good spot.
"Stay here my dear and keep looking as ravishing as you are. I will be right back with some drinks." He winks at her and shows off his winning smile, before he heads to get some drinks.

As he does so he scans the crowd for anyone he knows is famous and or possible good social contact.

Search [roll0]
Knowledge Local [roll1]

Resden Harl
2011-11-05, 12:38 PM
Tore smiles broadly as he sees Zax. He has used the man on multiple occasions to great effect, and somehow knew the gentlemen would weasel his way into this event somehow.

"Ah what a fine vintage these are too! Perhaps we could give one to the host and keep one to ourselves. Come, entertain me with one of your stories my good man." He clearly likes you, which is odd as he has rarely ever been this friendly to you before.

The Duke of Lighthel smiles at the young priest, and says "I am here for the same reasons as all. To celebrate this wonderful anniversary of the Lord of Rivermore. And what brings you here good maam?" He is very curt and polite to you, even though he does not know you in anyway.

Both are quite nice pieces you two. :smallsmile:

The crowd gives loud applause for the piano player, and they demand on encore (which she does not give as of yet). They are only slightly less pleased with the flutist, but it is clear they prefer the Lady Marceline.

But then Ericha comes on stage. Queing her friend to give the basic music, she presents an absolutely stunning display of dancing masterpiece. For five wonderful minutes she performs, drawing oohs and ahhs from the crowd at her skill, followed by a deafening roar of approval from the crowd.

After her performance, Rathel gets on stage and says "My dear that was truly marvelous. We shall take a short break before we bring the men on stage to perform, and then proceed to picking our two finalists."

Ericha, Alexandra, and Lady Marceline are immediately indulged by the various young men around the room, asking if they need anything or would care for a dance or a short walk out in the gardens.

Prince Boren himself approaches the young Alexandra (relatively speaking) and asks for a dance. Not waiting for a response, he pulls her out to the dance floor and demonstrates his skills at the waltz. She is able to keep up masterfully. He asks, "My dear creature, what brings an elf like you to a place like this?"

Lady Marceline is approached by Karol Stromgarten, who wishes to have a short chat. Pulling her away from the crowd he says,
Marceline only
"Do not worry, I am aware of your deformity. Although I must ask, how did you learn to play such music"

Bel
Spot check would work

Ban scans the crowd and returns to the young lady with the drinks. After viewing the performance, he slowly makes is way to Princess Erika, and asks her for a dance. She smiles, and surprisingly accepts.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-05, 02:18 PM
Using the excuse of taking a sip of fine elven wine to mask her surprise, Marceline keeps her gaze lowered, crimson eyes focusing mainly on her feet as she attempts to compose a response to this unexpected query in her head. Mindful of any possible onlookers, she merely shakes her head slightly. However, she speaks just loudly enough to be heard by Master Stromgarten, lips barely moving, and even that small movement hidden by the wine glass that she's kept raised to her lips this whole time.

DM Only
"Now is not the time to ask how you know that," the young woman whispers, eyes flashing angrily at the mage for a moment. "As for my musical talent, that is more mundane. My father, being a wealthy man, thought it only right and proper that his daughter be 'well-bred'. Fortunately for him, I adore music."

The lovely young musician proffers a tight-lipped smile at the wizard, curtsies, and moves off alone into the party.

The Big Orc
2011-11-05, 02:27 PM
"The high priest himself could not be here, so he sent me in his stead to bring Pelor's blessings upon this party. Pelor's peace be with you," she says bowing her leave as she heads closer to the stage to watch the performances. To who ever is next to her, "What a wonderful dance, surely that must be the winning performance, don't you think?"

Pazzo
2011-11-05, 02:54 PM
With a nod and a smile, Zack accepts Tore's suggestion. But then, as if remember himself, "Shouldn't we get this one bottle where it needs to go first? If I start on matters of pleasure before business, I doubt any of this fine wine will ever leave our sides this night."

Sliding one of the bottles back into somewhere within his sleeves, he cradles the other, and stands besides his guide.

"So while we go to find our host, I will tell you a tale fit for a ghost~ You know of Sarbell, the Palorian Cleric up on the north side of town? Well you didn't hear it from me, but it looked like she was giving Sir Aurton a very close examination in the western garden outside. It must be something very serious, they are secuded away from any peering eyes. Well on ground level at least. I wonder if Miss Aurton knows of her husband's medical 'issues.'"

Victoria
2011-11-05, 04:01 PM
Alexandra dances happily with Prince Boren, her only regret being that she left her glass of wine behind.

"Not all elves like to sing and dance and frolick in the woods and meadows. When I was growing up in the woods, meeting the merchants from the city, I always knew the city life was for me. Why do you ask, my prince?"

Resden Harl
2011-11-05, 09:49 PM
Stromgarten smiles. Yes she may be what they need he decides, as he makes note of this new information, and continues to enjoy the party.

The man next to Clarissa grunts his approval. He seems to not really care at all about what is going on. He is a medium height (about 5 and a half feet) dark hair and dark skinned man, perhaps from darkthel? He moves on into the crowd.

Tore agrees with Zax, and heads off to where the Lord is. On the way, he talks about this new information about the church and Sir Aurton. "Good to know! Yes I do believe the Lady Aurton would love to hear about this" He says with a slimy smile, thinking about how much he will be able to black mail.

Prince Boren smiles at the elf and says "Oh just a passing curiosity"

Sense motive roll
[roll0]
You can tell there is something hes hiding

Pazzo
2011-11-05, 10:02 PM
"Just don't forget to give that chatty blue bird it's normal 40%~" Zax says with a wink of his lapis lazuli coloured eyes. He pauses and shakes off the last few flecks of dust and splinters of wood from his overcoat, before catching up to Tore to meet the host with the most.

Victoria
2011-11-05, 11:04 PM
Alexandra draws Prince Boren closely into her and whispers in his ear:

What is it that you wish of me?

The Big Orc
2011-11-06, 10:26 AM
Finding the man's behaviour a little odd, Clarissa will follow him through the crowd, attempting to find out what he is doing here, since it is clear he is not here for the entertainment.

Spot [roll0]

Resden Harl
2011-11-07, 12:10 AM
Tore laughs his hearty laugh, and heads towards the host with Zax close behind.

Prince Boren laughs, but before he can speak an announcement is made:

"The next three performers will now begin. We had a man volunteer is services as well, but we shall see how he does."

Eric is the first to take the stage. He takes a small sip of water and begins to sing... but no where near the approval level of the previous performers. He bows out, knowing he is beaten.

Ralf launches into a bawdry tale, with loads of sex and violence, damsels and knights, and is well received.

A little boy steps forward next. He is Eric's disciple, and pulling out a lute begins to play the saddest song anyone has every heard... Which unfortunately brings the entire mood down! He is applauded, but like his mentor bows out.

Master Lorenson himself gets on stage, and says "Well then I guess it is between our dancer and pianist! Please, both of you entertain us once more."

Clarissa loses the man in the crowd, but continues to scan (another spot please)

Daftendirekt
2011-11-07, 12:36 AM
Marceline sits alone at a table in the far corner of the hall, sipping idly at her wine and listening to the other performers with a small smile on her face, knowing they were leagues away from matching her performance. They'd do well at the taverns, I suppose, she mused to herself. As Master Lorenson calls her back on stage, she rises, smoothing her skirts and tugging her elbow-length black silk gloves tight before heading to the stage, already going over another piece in her head.

As she walks up onto the stage, she nods graciously to the people who applaud her before settling onto her bench, fingertips alighting on the keys like a sprightly bird on a tree branch. She closes her eyes, head nodding a few beats before she begins playing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R8MzHqkNBwo).

Perform check: [roll0]

Shouldn't have had that wine, she thinks ruefully to herself as she finishes, knowing the song was not as skillfully done as her first. Also, it was an older arrangement of hers and thus didn't have flare of newness like her first.

The Big Orc
2011-11-07, 09:49 AM
Frustrated that she lost her target, Clarissa continues to look around the room in hopes of seeing him again.

Spot [roll]1d20+4

Resden Harl
2011-11-07, 01:10 PM
Marceline can hear the murmurs about her performance as she finishes. While the crowd enjoyed it, they clearly expected better from her. It seems that Ericha is a shoo in now... At least until she missteps while dancing. The crowd looks amongst themselves, unsure who to cheer for.

The Governor quickly gets on stage to resolve the issue. "What say we give them another try ladies and gents?" he asks to a deafening round of applause.

You both got the same roll. Go ahead and perform again.

Clarissa lost track of the man, but knows he could not have gotten far, and is probably still in the room.

Daftendirekt
2011-11-07, 01:31 PM
As soon as she finishes her song, Marceline quickly leaves the stage and disappears out of the great hall. Once she's alone in a hallway, she slaps herself in the face a few times in an effort to focus. She pulls out a small stoppered glass vial, uncorks it, and drains it in one gulp. Slipping the vial back up her sleeve, she makes her way back into the great hall just as Ericha finishes, and she hears the call for one more song. She puts on her 'social smile' and heads once more onto the stage, inwardly angry at herself for this even being a necessity. Her first song should have been enough by itself. She loved the music, but, honestly to have to play three in order to prove herself...

She flounces down onto the bench, places her hands once more on the piano's ivory keys, and begins. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5rfle8wSwJM)

"You want piano?" she whispers under her breath. "I'll give you piano..."

Perform Check: [roll0]

Resden Harl
2011-11-07, 09:43 PM
The third round from Marceline is far more impressive then the second, and she knows it. The crowd cheers yet again, bringing a smile to her face.

Unfortunately, Ericha also improved. Having recovered from her small fall, she puts on a performance that rivals the first!

Rathel Lorenson is clapping quite soundly as he marches on stage to announce the winner. He smiles and faces the crowd: "Lady Marceline has put on quite the performance as usual, but I believe the crowd prefers the lovely Ericha tonight!" He presents her with the prize. She is to be his personal entertainer (nothing dirty meant by that) for an entire year, with all the status and wealth that a position deserves! He faces her to give her the official certificate and she starts screaming with joy! At least... it seems to be joy until he collapses, a throwing dagger protruding from his chest! The crowd panics.

You have several options. Attempt to leave safely, locate the killer, help Rathel, or something else. No railroading in this game

The Big Orc
2011-11-07, 09:50 PM
Clarissa will sprint towards the stage and if Rathel is still alive
Heal check [roll0]
she will remove the knife and cast her domain spell cure moderate wounds on him
[roll1] (3 for level, 1 for healing domain)
Spot [roll2] in case she spots the killer when he attacks and to remember any details

Victoria
2011-11-07, 10:42 PM
Alexandra will try to chase the killer, if she can even see him...

Spot check (if applicable):
[roll0]

Daftendirekt
2011-11-07, 11:09 PM
Seeing what has just happened, Marceline thinks to herself that it may be better at the moment that she hadn't won, even if the loss stung. Perhaps the piece had been a tad too aggressive. Nevertheless, she played her emotions. Seeking out her two manservants, she gives them orders to get the piano off the stage, back to the wagon, and bring it back to her home. Meanwhile, Marceline will try and get out safely and back to her carriage.

Pazzo
2011-11-07, 11:17 PM
"Excuse, my interest has been called elsewhere for now~" Zack says, handing Tore the bottle before drawing a sap from his coat, and taking a scan as to try and determine the most likely source of the strike.

Spot Check
[roll0]

Resden Harl
2011-11-08, 10:18 AM
Clarissa's faith has healed the damage that the dagger has done, but her training in medicine leads her to believe that it was poisoned as well. Rathel is currently convulsing.

Clarissa spot
She looks around, and spots 2 men quickly fleeing the room towards the garden, one of which looks like the man she noticed earlier

Alexandra and Zack's Spot
You both notice a man fleeing towards the garden area, while almost everyone else is heading to the street.

The Big Orc
2011-11-08, 10:34 AM
Shouting, "He's been poisoned, can anyone find me some antidotes?"
In an attempt to slow the poison, Clarissa will cast Lesser Restoration
[roll0] (repair that much ability damage)

Pazzo
2011-11-08, 10:58 AM
Zax will sprint toward to garden, tumbling past anyone or anything that gets in his way. He duck low to the ground as he moves, as to not draw too much attention to himself, his sap drawn in front of him ready to stroke, with his other hand behind him, providing balance.

Move speed 40ft.

Tumble check if needed
[roll0]

Victoria
2011-11-09, 02:22 AM
Alexandra, spotting Zack running ahead of her, chases after him, dagger drawn.

However, she makes no attempt to maintain a low profile or tumble past anything or anyone in her way.

Resden Harl
2011-11-09, 01:35 PM
Lady Marceline has successfully made it out of the hall, with no damage to herself. She spots the representative from the wizards guild nearby her carriage, but it does not seem as if he is looking for her in particular.

Clarissa can see that her magic is taking hold, but is unsure if it is enough. He is visibly growing weaker by the minute.

Zax's fast speed and tumbling abilities allows him to be only 20 feet behind the man he spotted, with Alexandra about 20 feet behind Zax

Rolling your spots:

Can still see the man running away, making his way through the garden

The Big Orc
2011-11-09, 02:04 PM
Clarissa, in an effort to boost the lords resistance to the poison will cast Resistance
+1 to saving throws for 1 minute

Pazzo
2011-11-09, 06:09 PM
Zax with try and catch up to the figure, saying "Come on, hurry!" before matching his speed to run parallel to him. Glaring over at the man, he tries to size him up. He tries to match him move for move, acting like a brother in arms as best he can.

Bluff
[roll0]
Spot
[roll1]

Resden Harl
2011-11-11, 12:38 PM
who are you talking to? You haven't noticed there are two men yet

Daftendirekt
2011-11-11, 01:47 PM
Marceline pauses to speak to the mage, looking around quickly to make sure nobody else was noticing them.

"What do you know of this?" she demanded, taking a step towards him, flexing her wrist, feeling the dagger sheathed there, hidden by her dress sleeve.

Pazzo
2011-11-11, 06:07 PM
Huh what now?

Zax ran up to the guy he was chasing, and started to act like an ally. Like he was here to help him. He used bluff to get the general idea across. "Come on lets go!" as in I am want him to escape/get to where he is running, and I am here to help that happen.

The 'Plan' (And I use that term loosely, this is Zax) is to act like I am on his side, wait for us to get into a combat/dead end or something, and then smack him upside the head with a sneak attack sap.

I made the spot check to get a look at him while I ran beside him, so that if he does escape, I will get some idea what he looks like. Also to check if he is about to draw a sword and run be through, that is also something he would be looking out for. Should I make another spot check for the general area? Is he chasing someone if front of us I should roll to see if I notice? Just in case,
Spot
[roll0]

Edit: I NOTICE THE GROUND! :smallbiggrin:

Resden Harl
2011-11-13, 02:38 PM
Zax
ohhh gotcha, I thought you meant that you were joining him chasing after the other guy... Which you don't notice as your busy seeing how pretty the ground is.

Back to IC:

The man is surprised that you have caught up to him, and is visibly confused but keeps running. He then points forward, showing another man, that he seems to be chasing down

The Mage smiles at her threat and says "my dear, I have no idea what you mean"
Sense motive/bluff
Surprisingly you think he's telling the truth

Pazzo
2011-11-13, 07:02 PM
"My what lovely cobblestone work . . . Sorry what?" Looking up from the ground to where the man is pointing. "Oh yeah, I guess we should catch him, right? Okay, I'll get on that."

Zax pushes on, running as fast as he can to catch up to the man, muttering something about how he needs to get himself more comfortable shoes.

Resden Harl
2011-11-14, 07:51 PM
Im waiting on other Alexandra

Victoria
2011-11-15, 01:26 AM
Alexandra will continue the chase, unsure of what's going on, but she wants to see.

Resden Harl
2011-11-15, 02:54 PM
Alexandra has kept on eye on Zax and his apparent partner, and notices the man indicate the third man he seems to be chasing. She continues on running, thinking that she has seen both of the men from before

Zax and Alexandra
Please roll knowledge local

The chase approaches a wall, and the man drinks a potion and nimbly climbs up it. Zax's partner also downs one and continues the chase

You guys can either try and climb up after, or pendign the results of your locals do something else

Daftendirekt
2011-11-16, 12:20 AM
Marceline gives the mage a suspicious look, then huffs and continues into her carriage, telling the driver to make haste back to her domicile.

Victoria
2011-11-16, 11:22 AM
Knowledge (local):

[roll0]

Pazzo
2011-11-16, 06:31 PM
Knowledge Local
[roll0]

The Big Orc
2011-11-16, 06:49 PM
Deciding she has done all that she can do for Rathel, Clarissa will run to a guard, "Watch over him, I will be back quickly." She will then sprint to the temple. Upon arriving, she will find one of the higher ups in the order. "Lord Rathel has been poisoned, and I cannot help him. Were can I find some antitoxins? And if someone with more expertise in the poison area could head there his chances would be much improved."

Resden Harl
2011-11-17, 12:13 AM
Both Zax and Alexandra recognize the man behind as one of the constables, and can only imagine that he is chasing the true criminal, or atleast someone that is suspected in the attack.

The priests realize the horror that occur, and rush to the aid of the Governor. They get there just in time to cast neutralize poison, but any attempts at restoration yield no noticeable results. One of the clerics says "We had best wait till morning and see the results. The High Priest should be here by then as well"

Lord Rathel is moved to his bedchamber, his hysterical wife close behind. Ericha has vanished.

Pazzo
2011-11-18, 12:20 AM
"Hmm, helping the law? Could be fun! plusfavorswiththelawarealwayswelcome." Zax mutters, taking in the layout before him. Turning to woman beside him, "After all, helping a man of the law is the right thing to do, right?" he says with a wink.

(If wall is under 10 feet tall)
Zax pulls out a pair of clawed gloves from his recently used climbing kit, the rest still under his robes, and pulls them over his hands. Walking back to get a running start, he will leap towards the wall as high up as he can get, sinking his grips in, and then trying to climb the rest of the way.

Jump Check
[roll0]

Climb Check
[roll1]

Edit: Okay, so a 6 foot high jump off the ground, plus 8 foot gripping reach.
Don't know the DC of the wall, but if I make it to the ledge, I would just make the normal DC of 10 for an edge like that.

(If wall is between 10-20 feet tall)
Zax pulls out a grappling hook attached to a knotted silk, and spins it up to speed. Throwing the hook over the edge, and trying to hook it, then climb up.

Use Rope Check
[roll2]

Climb Check
[roll3]

Edit: Good news! I could have made the grappling hook connect to a wall up to 35ft tall. Bad News, I likely just fell flat on my ass.

(If wall is Over 20ft feet tall)
He looks elsewhere for another way across, such as a tree, hedge bush or gate. Glancing over to the lady, as if to ask for a suggestion. "My name is Zackary by the way, Miss . . .?"

Spot
[roll4]

Edit: I notice something BESIDES Copplestone! Like, at least a shrub!

Resden Harl
2011-11-20, 04:18 PM
The wall is 25 feet tall. Zax takes a quick look around, and sees a tree nearby that he may be able to scamper up quickly, and jump to or over the wall.

Pazzo
2011-11-20, 09:19 PM
"Welp, here goes nothing~!" Zax says, pulling out his hook gloves and backing up to run, facing the tree.

Jump Check
[roll0]
Climb Check
[roll1]

Victoria
2011-11-21, 09:42 PM
A wall! Well, zut alors.* I suppose I'd better try something else.

Alexandra wanders back to the party to see what's happening.

Edit:
*-Using French kind of as Elven.

Resden Harl
2011-11-21, 10:51 PM
Zax jumps.... and barely makes it to the top of the wall. He scrambles over it to see the man he recognized as an officer of sort lying on the ground. He does not see the other man anywhere.

From this high up and in the light Zax can not tell whether the man is injured or not.

Alexandra returns to the party to see everyone hauling the governor up to his room. Perhaps she should follow, or see if she can find any clues

Pazzo
2011-11-22, 08:45 PM
Zax will pull out the hook/rope combo, and hitch it on the edge of the wall and repel down. Looking both ways for the other figure, Zax dash over to the man, and checks him over. "Oh please don't be dead, please don't be dead."

Use Rope
Take 10+2=12

Climb
Take 10+3=13

Search
[roll0]

Victoria
2011-11-23, 11:44 AM
Alexandra searches the area where the attack took place.

Search
[roll0]

Spot
[roll1]
(not sure if both are necessary, but rolling both just in case)

Resden Harl
2011-11-23, 07:32 PM
Holidays = slow posting

A quick search reveals the man is still alive, and you think you can see where the other man was lying in wait. It seems the suspect knocked out the officer and continued fleeing.

Both will work

Alexandra searches extensively, but can find nothing in the term of clues. Her search is interrupted however, when a group of clerics arrive led by the representative she had seen earlier. They quickly head up to no doubt where the governor is being held.

*Meanwhile, at Lady Marceline's house*

The trip home had taken far to long for Marceline's liking. Due to the confusion in the manse, the roads were constantly blocked, and it took her a good hour to make it home. She makes sure her piano is unloaded and brought inside, but before she can relax there is a loud bang at the door.

Pazzo
2011-11-24, 01:26 AM
Zax rushes off to the spot where he thinks the suspect attacked from, and looks for traces.

Search
[roll0]

Then he walk back to the Constable, giving a glance either way for any sign of the runner.

Spot
[roll1]

"Welp," Zack says with a sigh, "Better get you back to your fellow authoritative types." Unhooking his rope and putting in back into his pack, Zackary will try and shake the man awake, and then help him to his feet. failing that, he will lift his arm over one shoulder and walk/drag him back to the front gates.

Victoria
2011-11-24, 01:44 PM
Alexandra has a sudden change of heart.

"You know what," she mutters to herself, "I think I've seen enough for a day."

She leaves the building, finds a nice, dark alley to curl up in, and drinks a bottle of wine, trying to fall asleep.

Pazzo
2011-12-01, 10:02 AM
Zackery shakes the guard as he drags him slowly. "Hey Buddy, ya still with me here?"

Ha ha, fourth wall jokes. :smallbiggrin: