PDA

View Full Version : Yuyake Koyake is getting a translation!

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-05, 11:47 AM
Seriously! (http://yarukizero.wordpress.com/2011/10/29/yuuyake-koyakegolden-sky-stories-is-coming/)

Holy crepe I never thought this would actually get an English translation. It always seemed too weirdly Japanese.

Maybe in the future there'll be a YK game that actually gets off the ground on these forums.

TheNabster
2011-11-13, 04:44 PM
What is this

I do not understand

Kenneth
2011-11-14, 12:10 AM
{{Scrubbed}}

Tavar
2011-11-14, 05:32 PM
That's not really what Maid's about....

Though, I agree, the OP could be a bit more detailed with what this game is, exactly.

Drascin
2011-11-14, 06:08 PM
Far as I'm getting, it's a game about playing henge, who are... well, basically animals who managed to amass enough power to become magical in some way and gain the ability to turn human.

The illustrations in the link really remind me of Touhou, I have to say.

Yuki Akuma
2011-11-15, 12:00 PM
My apologies. I guess I was so excited that I forgot to say anything about it. :smalltongue:

Okay. Yuyake Koyake is a Japanese roleplaying game, set in a small rural Japanese town. The players take on the roles of henge - animals who have limited magical powers, including the ability to transform into humans. The animals help out the humans, spirits and other animals who live in the town, solving problems and building relationships.

Their magical power is somewhat limited, but can often be used to solve the small-scale problems the humans of the town face. Their magical power is linked directly to their relationships with others - people they care about grant them Thought Points, which are used to perform mundane actions, and people who care about them grant them Mystery Points, which are used to perform magical actions.

There are no dice. Instead, everyone has four stats - Adult, Child, Beast and Shifter. Adult measures your ability to function in the adult world - use technology, suppress your emotions and such. A henge with a 0 Adult score can't even use a telephone, and would probably have a hard time working out an automatic door.

Your Child score is your ability to show emotions and have fun - it's used for playing, making friends and such. Beast is all about your animal instincts and your physical body - how well you can jump, or smell, or sense danger. Shifter, finally, is your magical nature - it's the main stat you use when shapeshifting, as well as some other magical stuff.

Instead of dice, actions are determined by how much you want them. You spend Thought Points (usually), add your relevant stat, and if you match or beat the difficulty number, you succeed. Opposed actions are thus determined both by who has the most talent and who wants it more.

Finally, fighting is heavily discouraged. There are rules for it, but it's just "Adult or Beast opposed action, loser leaves the scene", and then your relationship with that person gets downgraded because fighting never solves anything.

I like it. It's cute. :smalltongue:

Fenix_of_Doom
2011-11-15, 04:34 PM
I don't think I'll ever play it, but it does sound nice. I love the fighting never solves anything rule, take that traditional western RPG's!

Prime32
2011-11-15, 10:52 PM
The illustrations in the link really remind me of Touhou, I have to say.Reminds me more of Nekogami Yaoyorozu. Which is completely different.
http://i222.photobucket.com/albums/dd54/Prime32_temp/Screenshots/nekogami_yaoyorozu.png

(That time Spring went missing in the second installment it was held in a jar)

quinnr
2012-01-28, 01:39 PM
I am super excited about this, found out about it in the Otaku USA magazine..it's supposed to be released sometime in Spring this year! Definitely going to have to purchase it. It's so cute and appears to be simple enough that I could even get my young cousins on-board. It wouldn't be too complicated for a 7-8 year old, would it?

Far as I'm getting, it's a game about playing henge, who are... well, basically animals who managed to amass enough power to become magical in some way and gain the ability to turn human.

The illustrations in the link really remind me of Touhou, I have to say.

I think there is a supplement (not to be released in the first English release) that allows you to play Touhou characters or something, even.