PDA

View Full Version : Girallon's Blessing + Fuse Arms

NOhara24
2011-11-05, 04:04 PM
Can someone do me a favor and explain how this trick is supposed to work? I know what each spells does. GB gives me extra arms, which can be taken advantage of for the Fuse Arms spell. That's all good and fine, but I've read some things that confuse me:

Do I get more arms from GB if I'm a size larger? (Going from medium to large?)

Does anything about the resulting STR bonus increase if the caster level for either spells are higher level?

I've heard of people getting up to +16 STR from this trick. How is that even possible?!

Thanks for any answers.

Gavinfoxx
2011-11-05, 04:05 PM
Cast the combo several times in a row....

NOhara24
2011-11-05, 05:33 PM
Really? It's that simple? Just loop the two spells until I'm happy?

Gavinfoxx
2011-11-05, 05:38 PM
...Yes? Yes it is?

Cruiser1
2011-11-05, 05:40 PM
Girallon's Blessing gives you two extra arms. It doesn't matter what size you are or what your caster level is.

Fuse Arms fuses all arms you have into two (or two arms into one if you started with two). For each pair of arms fused, you gain +4 STR (but only when using your arms). Your size and caster level again don't matter. For example, if you start with 8 arms, casting Fuse Arms leaves you with 2 arms, and +12 STR when using them.

Cast the combo several times in a row....
I'm not sure this works, because bonuses from the same source don't stack. Casting Girallon's Blessing multiple times in a row may not keep giving you an additional pair of arms, but rather reset the duration on you having one extra pair of arms. Similarly, casting GB + FA + GB + FA in sequence may not work, because the second casting of Fuse Arms will give you another +4 STR from the same source that doesn't stack with the first.

If either combo does stack, then these two spells can easily be used together to get up to infinite STR! :smallfrown:

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-11-05, 05:42 PM
Really? It's that simple? Just loop the two spells until I'm happy?

No, Fuse Arms grants an unnamed bonus, and multiple unnamed bonuses from the same source don't stack. To get +16 Str from Fuse Arms, you would need to have five pairs of arms before casting it.

Girallon's Blessing multiple times would overlap, just like Enlarge Person multiple times. You can maybe use Twin Spell and Repeat Spell with Girallon's Blessing, so it gives twice the effect immediately and then twice the effect again the following round, which with one casting could potentially grant four extra pairs of arms, but it would be entirely up to the DM whether that would even work. That would be five pairs of arms total, for a +16 Str from Fuse Arms.

Gavinfoxx
2011-11-05, 05:43 PM
Just ask your DM how many iterations of the combination is feasible for you to have MASSIVE GIANT ARMS that are still useful...

Re'ozul
2011-11-05, 05:49 PM
Just ask your DM how many iterations of the combination is feasible for you to have MASSIVE GIANT ARMS that are still useful...

Like this?
Link due to swear (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_zCiR4m3rrx4/SxIwELx6GoI/AAAAAAAAAcQ/GlhtEVAtoD0/s400/meganigger_******.jpg)

Zaq
2011-11-05, 07:59 PM
I don't see any reason you couldn't also get the Arms of Plenty spell involved. It's in Lords of Madness, and it basically does the same thing as Girallon's Blessing. Admittedly, the duration is significantly shorter, but hey, we're already being silly.

NOhara24
2011-11-06, 10:43 AM
Well, since GB + FA isn't really viable...I'll probably just have Greater Consumptive Field permanency'd on me and then have the DM tap out when my character has enough strength for the time being. :smallbiggrin:

Cruiser1
2011-11-06, 12:27 PM
I don't see any reason you couldn't also get the Arms of Plenty spell involved. It's in Lords of Madness, and it basically does the same thing as Girallon's Blessing. Admittedly, the duration is significantly shorter, but hey, we're already being silly.
Arms of Plenty can be persisted. :smallwink: Cast it + Girallon's Blessing to grow 4 arms. Then cast Fuse Arms for +8 STR untyped bonus when using arms. If you're playing a Thri-Kreen, you start with 4 arms, grow to 8, and therefore get +12 STR after casting. Note Arms of Plenty specifically says, "Multiple castings of arms of plenty on a creature do not stack; the duration simply resets."

Gwendol
2011-11-06, 12:41 PM
The savage species version of Girallon's blessing gives a number of arms depending on the size of the caster; that could explain the +16 STR.

NOhara24
2011-11-06, 07:15 PM
The savage species version of Girallon's blessing gives a number of arms depending on the size of the caster; that could explain the +16 STR.

THAT would do it. I was looking at the Spell Compendium version. (I think.) So at this point, if I were to have the cleric Cast Enlarge person, and find a level 12 NPC that could cast GB, and then Fuse Arms...that would leave me with +12 STR. Thank you, sir.