PDA

View Full Version : Forum Time Wrong?

MBI
2011-11-05, 11:00 PM
The GitP time seems to be an hour behind. This isn't too much of a problem, except it looks like threads haven't updated in an hour.
Just thought I'd notify you guys to make sure you're aware of it.

OracleofWuffing
2011-11-05, 11:06 PM
Go to your User CP (Top left link in the dark brown area) then go to Edit Options. Second to last cell there is "Date & Time Options." Check to make sure that your time zone settings are made for your current time zone, and whether or not your area follows Daylight Savings time. (For what it's worth, a chunk of folks in USA- but not all of them- are setting their clocks back one hour tonight tomorrow morning very soon.)

MBI
2011-11-05, 11:12 PM
Go to your User CP (Top left link in the dark brown area) then go to Edit Options. Second to last cell there is "Date & Time Options." Check to make sure that your time zone settings are made for your current time zone, and whether or not your area follows Daylight Savings time. (For what it's worth, a chunk of folks in USA- but not all of them- are setting their clocks back one hour tonight tomorrow morning very soon.)

The clocks go back at different times in different places? I never knew that...

So yeah, I guess the "Automatically Check DST settings" option just hasn't caught up yet in my time zone.

Thanks Oracle!

KillianHawkeye
2011-11-05, 11:40 PM
The clocks go back at different times in different places? I never knew that...

It always happens at 2 A.M. local time. There are four different time zones in the U.S. alone (not counting Hawaii).

That being said, the automatic daylight savings time adjustment hasn't worked for me on this forum. I usually go to my control panel and change it manually.

Rawhide
2011-11-05, 11:47 PM
The clocks always go wrong for a few hours around DST time. Don't sweat it.