PDA

View Full Version : Brilliant Gameologists is back up

Prime32
2011-11-06, 07:55 PM
...at a new location.
http://www.minmaxboards.com/

We're still sorting things out, importing old threads, etc., but the upgraded software is a lot more functional. I mean, we have an actual dice roller now, and you can make text wrap around images. I get a cool moderation panel and a button which makes the server explode.

I'm told the old boards will be kept up, read-only, for a few months so everyone can get their stuff over.

The Glyphstone
2011-11-06, 07:58 PM
Why the change?

Prime32
2011-11-06, 08:06 PM
Why the change?Spam mostly.

Lateral
2011-11-06, 08:35 PM
Awesome. Unfortunately, I'm worried that a lot of the handbooks may not necessarily be transferred over, so when the read-only period is over and the old boards stop being used, they may disappear entirely.

Prime32
2011-11-06, 08:49 PM
Awesome. Unfortunately, I'm worried that a lot of the handbooks may not necessarily be transferred over, so when the read-only period is over and the old boards stop being used, they may disappear entirely.You think we don't care about handbooks? Handling them is one of our highest priorities.
Even if the original author doesn't sign up again, someone will adopt them.

Stop me if I'm sounding too hive-mindy. :smalltongue:

Lateral
2011-11-06, 08:50 PM
You think we don't care about handbooks? Even if the original author doesn't sign up again, someone will adopt them.

Some of the more obscure ones, I mean.

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-06, 08:58 PM
Does that means I'll have to make a new folder of bookmarked handbooks?

In either case I am glad the forums are up again.

Prime32
2011-11-06, 09:28 PM
Does that means I'll have to make a new folder of bookmarked handbooks?There was an index you know. :smalltongue:

Dusk Eclipse
2011-11-06, 09:38 PM
I know but having them all bookmarked made it easier for me to link them or find them :smallamused:

I had sub-folders for Spellcasting classes, Melee classes, generic handbooks, Prg. Classes, Specific Builds, concepts, etc.

Psyren
2011-11-06, 09:40 PM
Not that I'm not glad for the great news, but... is it possible this whole mess could happen again at the new site? I hope not, but...

Corollary question: Do you need volunteers to help bring handbooks over, is the creator's express permission required to move his/her handbook (even if this person cannot be located) etc?

Shadowknight12
2011-11-06, 10:29 PM
I saw you guys created a whole subforum for oslecamo's monster classes. That's awesome. However, are you guys going to port all of the entries, or should each creator be responsible for their own?

deuxhero
2011-11-06, 11:29 PM
One problem with read only is you can't quote to get the formating. Any way around this?

Morph Bark
2011-11-07, 02:44 AM
There was an index you know. :smalltongue:

Was, not is? If is, link?

I do like how there is a forum on the new board called The Playgound. :smalltongue:

Ziegander
2011-11-07, 03:24 AM
Hey, Prime32, it's bkdubs123. I'm not going to register an account at the new BG site, but can you tell Boz to update my homebrew in the 3.5 homebrew compendium over there? I'd especially appreciate an update for the following:

The Battlelord, The Dancer, Mundane Paladin Redux, PrC Rewrites, The Ranger, Revised Feats (PHB 1&2, Completes), Revised Feats Revisited, The Runelord, The Sagitteer, The Shadowcaster, The Stolid Sphinx, The Swordmage, TOB Disciplines as Tactical Feats, and, finally, A Whole Mess of Warrior Feats.

Coidzor
2011-11-07, 08:02 AM
Good to hear, hope the porting over of handbooks goes smoothly. Sorry to hear the site's perma-buying the farm though.

Esgath
2011-11-07, 08:12 AM
Is it just me, who can't validate the account via email? 3rd try, still doesn't work :(

Yora
2011-11-07, 08:14 AM
Not that I'm not glad for the great news, but... is it possible this whole mess could happen again at the new site? I hope not, but...
It's the internet, everything is possible.

And unless it's something you don't care for if it's gone, it's really not a good idea to have only a single copy of it.

Psyren
2011-11-07, 08:30 AM
It's the internet, everything is possible.

And unless it's something you don't care for if it's gone, it's really not a good idea to have only a single copy of it.

I guess that was better phrased as "is it likely." As in "we don't really know what caused the problems last time or how to prevent them, but we're setting up shop elsewhere in the hope that we throw off the scent." Which would likely result in repeating this exodus down the road.

But that is a worry for the future; the time to celebrate is now. :smallsmile:

Totally Guy
2011-11-07, 08:44 AM
I've decided to join this forum. Say hi if you spot me. :)

Prime32
2011-11-07, 09:03 AM
I do like how there is a forum on the new board called The Playgound. :smalltongue:There always was. :smallconfused:

Hey, Prime32, it's bkdubs123. I'm not going to register an account at the new BG site, but can you tell Boz to update my homebrew in the 3.5 homebrew compendium over there? I'd especially appreciate an update for the following:

The Battlelord, The Dancer, Mundane Paladin Redux, PrC Rewrites, The Ranger, Revised Feats (PHB 1&2, Completes), Revised Feats Revisited, The Runelord, The Sagitteer, The Shadowcaster, The Stolid Sphinx, The Swordmage, TOB Disciplines as Tactical Feats, and, finally, A Whole Mess of Warrior Feats.:eek:
http://nooooooooooooooo.com/vader.jpg

Big Fau
2011-11-07, 10:13 AM
Was, not is? If is, link?

I do like how there is a forum on the new board called The Playgound. :smalltongue:

That was on the old one too (all the way at the bottom, just above the PBP section).

One problem with read only is you can't quote to get the formating. Any way around this?

If it's read-only, the Admin should be able to give Modifying privileges to some of the people in charge of porting (IIRC, it's the Moderators who are doing most of that). This would solve that issue.

Bhu
2011-11-07, 03:49 PM

The Battlelord, The Dancer, Mundane Paladin Redux, PrC Rewrites, The Ranger, Revised Feats (PHB 1&2, Completes), Revised Feats Revisited, The Runelord, The Sagitteer, The Shadowcaster, The Stolid Sphinx, The Swordmage, TOB Disciplines as Tactical Feats, and, finally, A Whole Mess of Warrior Feats.

aww :smallfrown:

but you was fun to read...

Prime32
2011-11-07, 08:50 PM

Aww. Tell bk...Ziegander? Whoever. Tell him that we'll miss him and that if he ever wants me to add more of his stuff I'm more than happy to oblige.

deuxhero
2011-11-12, 10:38 PM
Not sure where to post this on the new forums, but be sure to port this

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=3070.0

It's not under handbooks, but it is one.

Bhu
2011-11-13, 04:42 AM
I posted to ask if anyone needed help moving stuff. I'm sure I'll get requests for help wit hteh Handbooks, and if not I can always ask the creators if their ok with someone else porting it over

Totally Guy
2011-11-13, 07:59 AM
I met Meg from BG this weekend at a party in NY.

We talked about Apocalypse World and Burning Wheel. And we played a game a game of Spot It with Rym and Scott from the geeknights podcast. There were others playing too, Rym, Scott and I tied for first place, and I'd been drinking!

Seerow
2011-11-13, 10:55 AM
It'd be nice if unmasked users on the forum at least had read access to all forums.

It sucks that after registering I then had to log out to be able to browse the forum.

Prime32
2011-11-13, 11:11 AM
It'd be nice if unmasked users on the forum at least had read access to all forums.

It sucks that after registering I then had to log out to be able to browse the forum.
:smallconfused:

Seerow
2011-11-13, 11:14 AM
:smallconfused:

I posted here before posting a second time and getting access. When I saw the signup topic I assumed it was set up so a mod had to validate you manually.