PDA

View Full Version : Tips for my Bard build?

Campbellk8105
2011-11-06, 08:41 PM
My starting race is going to be silverbrow human.
Bard6/Paladin of freedom2/Virtuoso2/sublime chord2/Virtuoso+7

Note this only gets me to level 19 but it seems good enough so far. With Badge of Valor, and Vest of Legends. Swapping suggestion for Song of the Heart. Taking Word of Creation. Get a Battle Rattle, also take focused performer and focused performance to really amp up my other character (Other bard will be a Bard4/Warblade16). I'll have a high IC and 9th level casting along with CHA to my saves and AC.

Not quite sure what order I should take feats and which ones. Input for both builds would be appreciated.

hex0
2011-11-06, 08:58 PM
If you can use Oriental Adventures, I'd suggest Witchhunter 2 instead of Paladin 2 as it still gives you CHA to saves but you also get +1 casting and full BAB. You can enter after Bard 7.

Edit: You also need to be able to cast Magic Circle. I'm sure there is a prc for that. Or Arcane Disciple.

kulosle
2011-11-06, 10:00 PM
harmonizing knight paladin variant from champions of valor more bardic music. a level dip into warblade is always amazing. you really have to take song of the white raven so you can start your bardic music as a swift action.

feat order depends on how your DM rules on words of creation. some say that it doubles song of heart only if you take it first. talk to your DM. also decide when you want to take a one level dip into warblade. look at what level of maneuvers you like best and take it at that level, then take song of the white raven right after. i'm AFB right now so i can't look at the prerequisites for the feats. that should determine the order you take them in.

note: there is a feat that combines paladin and bard levels for smite and bardic music, (divine/devoted performer in complete adventure/scoundrel) it lets your bard be lawful take it asap. this goes great with sword to song, turn smite attempts into bardic music. more music is always good.

also i am unaware of focused performer and focused performance. where are they? could someone post a link?

Flickerdart
2011-11-06, 10:02 PM
harmonizing knight paladin variant from champions of valor more bardic music.
No - it gives you a pitiful facsimile that doesn't scale or stack with the genuine article in any way.

Campbellk8105
2011-11-06, 11:44 PM
I hadn't actually looked for focused performer or focused performance feats, my friend told me about the two but I'm guessing they might have been home brewed. Sorry for that inconvenience and input towards my build.

Flickerdart
2011-11-06, 11:55 PM
Actually, an equivalent of Practiced Spellcaster for Bardic Music does exist - Chaos Music from Dragon 324 increases your Bard level for learning new songs by 4, up to your HD.