PDA

View Full Version : Great weapons for children?

Dust
2011-11-07, 01:52 AM
...or simply equipment that would work in a modern D&D game with a lighthearted and innocent feel, a la Earthbound. I'm looking for things like baseball bats, frying pans, super soakers, slingshots, yo-yos, jack-in-the-boxes, and so on.

Any help would be most appreciated! :smallsmile:

Dr.Epic
2011-11-07, 01:54 AM
...or simply equipment that would work in a modern D&D game with a lighthearted and innocent feel, a la Earthbound. I'm looking for things like baseball bats, frying pans, super soakers, slingshots, yo-yos, jack-in-the-boxes, and so on.

Any help would be most appreciated! :smallsmile:

What? Get with the times grandpa! Kids don't use those anymore! They gotta have cool skateboards, and sunglasses, and portable game consoles, and cell phones!:smallwink::smallbiggrin:

Dust
2011-11-07, 01:55 AM
Ever since it got proven that cell phones DON'T actually give you cancer, it's pretty hard to weaponize any of those things. :smallbiggrin:

Yhynens
2011-11-07, 02:45 AM
Playing Persona 3 Portable right now, let's see:
Baseball Bat (with nails)
Lacross Stick
Hockey Stick
Steel Pipe
Cleaning Broom
Bus Stop Sign (or a regular stop sign)
Teddy Bears as boxing gloves, basically
and the dog character can use a Bone
P4 has a Golf Club, a Wrench, and a Folding Chair.

So, pretty much anything used to play a sport would be great. I think the main thing not covered here is a tennis racket.

Coming off of the Steel Pipe, there's also the Clue weapons, Lead Pipe, Knife, Revolver, Candlestick Holder (which would be good for an affluent kid), Noose, Wrench. Screwdrivers might make good dagger replacements. I got stabbed in the hand with a box cutter once, that was pretty intense. Musical instruments can make pretty cool weapons sometimes, I could see wielding a keytar like a really heavy sword or axe, or hitting people with drum mallets. Oh, and Mallow used Cymbals in Super Mario RPG. You could have one character who carries a bunch of plates around and breaks them over people's heads, that would be silly. I think that's about all I got.