PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Two feat questions

iTookUrNick
2011-11-07, 12:57 PM
Here's a couple of questions for you guys:

1. Is it possible to take Weapon Focus (unarmed)?
2. Is there a feat that lets Paladins key their divine grace ability off Wisdom? I thought it was in Dragon #something, but I mai be completely off target.

Thank you in advance :)

Keld Denar
2011-11-07, 01:02 PM
1) Yes

2) The feat is Serenity, but it does the reverse of what you stated. It changes your spellcasting to Cha, rather than your Cha abilities to Wisdom.

Sorry.

Yora
2011-11-07, 01:02 PM
1. Yes. Minimum word count.

Darrin
2011-11-07, 01:05 PM
1. Is it possible to take Weapon Focus (unarmed)?

Weapon Focus (unarmed strike), but yes, that's doable.

2. Is there a feat that lets Paladins key their divine grace ability off Wisdom? I thought it was in Dragon #something, but I mai be completely off target.

Serenity feat, Dragon Compendium p. 106 (originally published in Dragon #306). Since this book was published by WotC, some people consider it an "official 3.5" book and may allow it even when other Dragon Magazine material is banned.

2) The feat is Serenity, but it does the reverse of what you stated. It changes your spellcasting to Cha, rather than your Cha abilities to Wisdom.

Not according to my copy... use Wis instead of Cha for divine grace, lay on hands, smite evil, and turn undead.

Gotterdammerung
2011-11-07, 01:07 PM
yes it is possible to take weapon focus unarmed. It is even possible to take weapon focus (ray), (orb), (touch spell).

Yes there is a feat in dragon that does what you speak of.

It is called Serenity.

It is from issue 306

It allows you to use wis instead of chr for the pld
lay on hands
smite
turn undead
AND divine grace.

Keld Denar
2011-11-07, 01:23 PM
Awww crap...

Person_Man
2011-11-07, 01:46 PM
Concur with Yes and Serenity (which effects all Paladin abilities).

If you're looking at a Wis based non-Tier 1/2 build, you may also wish to look at the X to Y (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=125732) thread. Sir Wisdom the SAD is a particularly good Tier 3 build, especially around ECL 10-15ish.

iTookUrNick
2011-11-07, 06:26 PM
Weapon Focus (unarmed strike), but yes, that's doable.

Good.

Serenity feat, Dragon Compendium p. 106 (originally published in Dragon #306). Since this book was published by WotC, some people consider it an "official 3.5" book and may allow it even when other Dragon Magazine material is banned.

Great!

Not according to my copy... use Wis instead of Cha for divine grace, lay on hands, smite evil, and turn undead.

I was not sure myself which was which.

I asked because I was looking at the "ashetic" feat line in CAdv and wanted to see if I could build something worthwile using (almost) all of them . It's all based on the Monk, so don't expect much :)

Thought I had it figured out more or less, before someone posted a link to that X2Y thread... (thank you!).

AslanCross
2011-11-07, 08:30 PM
If you're not really going for optimization (it seems you aren't), there's the Argent Fist PrC from Faiths of Eberron, which is essentially an extension of the Monk/Paladin multiclass. I think it keeps unarmed strike progression and is most notable for being able to retain Monk abilities in heavy armor.

Psyren
2011-11-07, 08:44 PM
If you're not really going for optimization (it seems you aren't), there's the Argent Fist PrC from Faiths of Eberron, which is essentially an extension of the Monk/Paladin multiclass. I think it keeps unarmed strike progression and is most notable for being able to retain Monk abilities in heavy armor.

Including the AC bonus, which can get you to truly ridiculous levels of AC quickly. You do give up the casting though.

Apostle of Peace with Serenitydin can also get you ridiculously high defenses. This is because they get the defensive benefits of VoP, but can still wear defensive magic items, and they get 9th-level spells - with the whole bloody thing keyed off Wis.