PDA

View Full Version : Fixing my character.

Mockingbird
2011-11-07, 01:38 PM
I'm playing in a Pathfinder campaign as a Hexblade (this revision- https://docs.google.com/View?id=dgsxfnsp_6hc8d69gj ) and Warshaper, my levels are HB 4, Warshaper 2. After completing a part of our campaign we're taking a two-week break, and I've decided to plan out my character in that time. Here are my stats-

Changeling

STR 19 (with WS's +4)
CON 20 (with WS's +4)
DEX 14
INT 13
WIS 14
CHA 16
Saves-
Fortitude 9
Reflex 4
Will 7
+3 against spells, spell like effects, +2 against sleep, mind control, charm, immune to stunning and critical hits
Special-
Mettle, Hexblade's Curse
Feats- Empower Curse, Deceitful, Power Attack, Multiattack
BAB +5
Total attack bonus +9

We're just about level 7, I suspect we'll get it next session. I'm trying to get things soon, so I'd prefer not to have stuff like Titan Mauler barbarian's 16th level Enlarge Self, although that would be useful.

There's one issue, though. In our party we have a bard, a mage, a summoner, a rogue, and myself, so my options are limited.

I kind of want to take levels in Magus, but the mage disapproves because we already have a lot of arcane spellcasters in our party, and Intelligence is my lowest stat so I wouldn't get very many spells per day. (But I could shocking grasp and full attack for 6d6 damage in the same turn.. :L)
I'm trying to make my character a shapeshifter-ish type person, because that's an original idea for our party, and it seems fun.

What should I do? I think we might be able to take 3.5 classes (but not base classes, feats or ACFs), but they seem kind of underpowered compared to Pathfinder.. Can you all help a noob to RPGs out?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2011-11-07, 01:57 PM
If you want to gain arcane spellcasting, take a look at Suel Arcanamach in Complete Arcane. It gets Cha-based spells for mostly buffing, with a few other benefits. You should also look into using Abjurant Champion from Complete Mage to advance it, most characters will go Suel Arcanamach 4/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Spellsword 1, and after that you can get Dragon Disciple for extra higher level spell slots.

Mockingbird
2011-11-07, 02:36 PM
If you want to gain arcane spellcasting, take a look at Suel Arcanamach in Complete Arcane. It gets Cha-based spells for mostly buffing, with a few other benefits. You should also look into using Abjurant Champion from Complete Mage to advance it, most characters will go Suel Arcanamach 4/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Spellsword 1, and after that you can get Dragon Disciple for extra higher level spell slots.

I said we already have too many arcane spell casters.. Also, the mage has PrC'ed into dragon disciple, so that's a no. :l
Thanks anyway, though! I liked Magus for the ability to cast a spell and full attack, because if I had any spellcasting, it couldn't be primarily spells, it would be attacking AND casting spells. But thanks, I'll look into those anyway.

Pilo
2011-11-07, 03:54 PM
If you just want to cast shocking grasp and make a full attack, ask your DM if you can trade some spell of your Hexblade spell list to add some damaging spell instead then continue to be hexblade for 2 levels (With quick cast).

I have no idea of what warshaper is so consider it for my advice.

Mockingbird
2011-11-07, 07:26 PM
If you just want to cast shocking grasp and make a full attack, ask your DM if you can trade some spell of your Hexblade spell list to add some damaging spell instead then continue to be hexblade for 2 levels (With quick cast).

I have no idea of what warshaper is so consider it for my advice.

My DM isn't the kind of DM who would allow that.. :p
Warshaper is a shapeshifting prestige class found in Complete Warrior. It gives you the ability to grow any natural attack as a move action.

CIDE
2011-11-07, 08:43 PM
OR enlarge an existing natural attack as a move action. At the final level too (depending on the method of shapeshifting used) you could make it a swift action IIRC.

I kind of like the idea of the fast healing and the extended reach too offered by the class.

Splendor
2011-11-07, 10:28 PM
Since you want spell casting but your party already has alot of it ask you DM about becoming the chameleon prestige class. That way you could be either the fighter, cleric, wizard or rogue. The class does require you to be either human or Doppelganger, but I'm pretty sure changeling counts.

Why do you have the Multiattack feat?

Mockingbird
2011-11-09, 03:51 PM
Since you want spell casting but your party already has alot of it ask you DM about becoming the chameleon prestige class. That way you could be either the fighter, cleric, wizard or rogue. The class does require you to be either human or Doppelganger, but I'm pretty sure changeling counts.

Why do you have the Multiattack feat?

If I didn't have it, I'd take a -5 on every attack roll beyond the first. With 3 attacks, I'd take -0 on the first, -5 on the second, and -10 on the third.

Mockingbird
2011-11-09, 03:57 PM
Oh, also, about Chameleon, I'd need the Able Learner feat (which I will never qualify for, because it doesn't say changeling can qualify for, unlike chameleon), 4 ranks in sense motive (which is not a class skill), and my party already has people with those abilities who are better at it than me. I know it probably sounds like I'm rejecting every suggestion you all give me, but my party and my DM aren't very flexible about rules..

Mockingbird
2011-11-09, 08:56 PM
Anyone else have any suggestions? :|

Keld Denar
2011-11-09, 09:06 PM
If I didn't have it, I'd take a -5 on every attack roll beyond the first. With 3 attacks, I'd take -0 on the first, -5 on the second, and -10 on the third.

This part is not correct. It would be -0 on the first, -5 on the second and every attack thereafter. With Multiattack, it would be -0 on the first, and -2 on the second and every attack thereafter.

The penalties aren't cumulative. All primaries are made at full BAB. All secondaries are made at full BAB-5 (or -2 with Multiattack). It doesn't matter if you have 1 secondary or 50, they are all the same.