PDA

View Full Version : Inspire Hate: [3.5 spell]

Lord Vukodlak
2011-11-07, 06:41 PM
The spell inspire hate from Blood Omen always tickled me. You make your enemies attack one another. The closest you get to this in D&D is confusion but it doesn't quite have the same feel to it. So I decided to design a true Inspire Hate spell. Turning an entire group against one another is quite potent so they get a new save every round. I gave it the evil descriptor because a spell that fills people with a hatred so great they attack one another just sounds evil.

Inspire Hate
Enchantment (Compulsion) [Mind-Affecting] [Evil]
Level: Sor/Wiz 7, Cleric 7, Bard 6
Components: V, S, F/DF
Casting Time: 1 standard action
Range: Medium (100 ft. + 10 ft./level)
Target: All creatures in a 20-ft. burst.
Duration: 1 round/ three levels (D); see text
Saving Throw: Will negates; see text
Spell Resistance: Yes
"This spell allows me to exploit the petty prejudices of man. Minor grievance would escalate to murderous rage and oh, the sweet terror when the spell wore off and they saw their hands covered with their neighbor's blood."
―Kain

You channel the power of pure malice and hatred into the subjects of this spell causing even the most minor of grievances to escalate into murderous rage. Those who fail their will saves regard everyone else as hostile bitter enemies. This usually means attacking the nearest creature or group of creatures in the area.(for this purpose, a familiar counts as part of the subject's self). Every round the subject is allowed a new saving throw to shrug off the effects of the spell.