PDA

View Full Version : Strong character with limitations.

Pigkappa
2011-11-07, 08:13 PM
We're going to start a new campaign soon at level 10 with 120k gp. The DM is a quite strange guys who told us to optimize as hell (however, no infinite loops: he didn't say it but I don't want to use them).

I was planning an incredibly broken DMM cleric and he said he was ok with its power level. However, he later sent us an awful amount of houserules which include a ban to all metamagic feats. And, the best ways I know to make broken characters all involve metamagic (as wizards or cleric) or Druids, but another player has called dibs on Druid. I'm also forced to be Evil, or at least non-good, and please avoid Authority, we already have too many players.

Just to tell you how crazy this is going to be, a player is going to play a Fiend of Possession (from Fiend Folio; I first read that class a few minutes ago and it's, well, something I wouldn't ever allow anywhere).

2l;dr Level 10, 120k gp, no metamagic, no druid, no infinite loops, all sources. Ideas?

AslanCross
2011-11-07, 08:15 PM
You can still make a really optimized Cleric/Crusader/Ruby Knight Vindicator without metamagic. That's pretty strong on its own.

Also, Ubercharger.

DeAnno
2011-11-07, 09:42 PM
I like how metamagic is explicitly banned, but you only refrain from infinite loops by gentleman's agreement.

Diefje
2011-11-07, 10:09 PM
Hulking hurler hooooooooooo

Mooncrow
2011-11-07, 10:22 PM
Archivist + Cloistered Cleric Dip -> Dweomerkeeper.

SLA's from pretty much any spell list in the game make for happy fun times.

Snowbluff
2011-11-08, 12:43 AM
You can still make a really optimized Cleric/Crusader/Ruby Knight Vindicator without metamagic. That's pretty strong on its own.

Also, Ubercharger.

Or an Ur Priest/Idiot Crusader/RKV

If he's banned metamagic, make a game out of getting everything else gets banned >:D

Pigkappa
2011-11-08, 07:37 AM
I like how metamagic is explicitly banned
Metamagic isn't actually banned. He just rewrote it entirely and there's a way to use the metamagic feats again, at a somewhat lesser cost than usual. He was trying to make metamagic even better this way. However, he didn't care to rewrite all the metamagic reducer feats because that would have taken him too much time, and those are the ones making metamagic usable.

Mooncrow
2011-11-08, 11:43 AM
Metamagic isn't actually banned. He just rewrote it entirely and there's a way to use the metamagic feats again, at a somewhat lesser cost than usual. He was trying to make metamagic even better this way. However, he didn't care to rewrite all the metamagic reducer feats because that would have taken him too much time, and those are the ones making metamagic usable.

Oh, just use Archivist/Binder/Anima Mage then - Anima Mage's abilities don't care about the cost of metamagic^^

NOhara24
2011-11-08, 12:07 PM

Also, Ubercharger.

This. Cleric 4/Crusader 1/RKV 5. You will have lost two caster levels by time you hit 10 because of the Crusader dip and first level in RKV, but you will have also gained a d10 hit die for 6 levels. RKV also mostly conserves your caster level. Full Divine casting and Martial Maneuvers go together like chocolate and peanut butter.

Pigkappa
2011-11-08, 03:01 PM
Since everyone else has made a character without consulting the other players, we currently have a Fiend of Possession, two Druids and likely a Rogue. I think I can't help but make a Wizard in this case :smallannoyed:. Some carefulness and Abrupt Jaunt will help me be nigh unkillable anyway, I guess.

JaronK
2011-11-08, 03:16 PM
Well, you could go with something straight forward, like a Half Minotaur Water Orc Lion Totem Barbarian or something. Hulk Smash!

JaronK

dextercorvia
2011-11-08, 03:22 PM
Since everyone else has made a character without consulting the other players, we currently have a Fiend of Possession, two Druids and likely a Rogue. I think I can't help but make a Wizard in this case :smallannoyed:. Some carefulness and Abrupt Jaunt will help me be nigh unkillable anyway, I guess.

Nongood, All-powerful, no metamagic abuse....

I'd like to introduce you to Necropolitan Tainted Scholar. All your spells are [Evil] now, so you can use Fiendish Power for a +1CL. I'd probably go Focused Diviner with Uncanny Forethought and Versatile Spellcaster. That will get you Spontaneous casting from your whole book, including spells a level above what you could normally cast. Your Save DC's will be NO, your bonus spells will be +YES/day.

Enjoy.

Emperor Tippy
2011-11-08, 03:32 PM
Play a Psion. Lot's of fun there and in the later game you can do things like Affinity Field cheese, Time Loops, etc.