PDA

View Full Version : Wibbly Wobbly Timey Wimey... Stuff? (PF)

GreenZ
2011-11-08, 04:41 AM
So, originally I planned to make a time cleric for a pathfinder game but while looking through the pathfinder lore I noticed that there is no god of time. This made me sad as there isn't even a time domain... but then I noticed that there was a time oracle revelation and knew what I must do. So my character is now a Time Oracle who believes that his future self is the god of time and worships his future (and subsequently everyone else).

So far he's level 1 dual curse oracle with a stat focus of Cha > Int > Dex > Con > Wis > Str, two Extra Revelation feats for Temporal Celerity and Knowledge of Ages in addition to the Misfortune Revelation,

As hard as I try I can't help the party in combat except 'rewinding d20 rolls' as an immediate action with the time-fluffed Misfortune and shooting things with a light crossbow.

I really like all the time based fluff but I fear his usefulness is only going to diminish as he gains levels. I can't see anything that will make him too much more useful in combat beyond level 1. :smallsigh:

Can someone help me make this character a bit more useful in combat?

marcielle
2011-11-08, 06:06 AM
There was a time domain in 3.5, you can ask for that, replacing any spells that are no longer applicable with new PF equivalents.

HunterOfJello
2011-11-08, 06:11 AM
Tier 1 & 2 casters are usually not that useful in combat at very low levels. Once they get to level 3 or so, they get more spells and can contribute better.

For now, just keep up the crossbow usage and try to get a good melee weapon and some good armor. Make sure to cover any of the squishier characters from getting clobbered by standing in between them and the enemies.

navar100
2011-11-08, 10:07 AM
What are your spells? Even Bless is a major help. I've lost count the number of times a party member hit the bad guy only because the cleric had cast Bless. I know it's due to Bless because the players in my group tend to forget it was cast. The DM says they miss. I remind them of the +1 to hit from Bless they forgot, again. They hit. Every +1 counts.

Perhaps your character is more suited to be a party buffer than directly attacking the enemy yourself, but being a party buffer is is a good thing.