PDA

View Full Version : exalted feats?

Drazik
2011-11-08, 07:51 AM
are there any other exalted feats other than those in the book of exalted deeds?

Zagaroth
2011-11-08, 08:39 AM
There are a couple feats & prestige classes in FR specific books. Faiths & Pantheons has the classes for sure, may have some feats, but I think I remember there being more in another Realms book.

Urpriest
2011-11-08, 09:45 AM
Champions of Valor IIRC.

Jeraa
2011-11-08, 12:33 PM
Players Guide to Faerun has some as well.

Yorae
2011-11-08, 01:14 PM
On a related note: is there any way one can plan to include exalted feats in a build, or is it pretty much a gift from the DM when you get one? The section in the BoED says that they are always a gift from a powerful good creature.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-08, 01:17 PM
...they're feats. You just take them.

Yorae
2011-11-08, 01:27 PM
...they're feats. You just take them.

Only intelligent characters of good alignment and the highest moral standards can acquire exalted feats, and only as a gift from powerful agents of good...
...a character must have the DM's permission to take an exalted feat . In many cases, a ritual must be performed...

I'd like to take an exalted feat, but it seems like you can't choose to take one, unless I'm reading it incorrectly. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

Quietus
2011-11-08, 01:31 PM
I'd like to take an exalted feat, but it seems like you can't choose to take one, unless I'm reading it incorrectly. I'd like to be proven wrong, though.

I believe that's a fluff thing, though I think I would be willing to award Exalted feats as a gift for the right character. Most of them aren't really worth taking.

Hiro Protagonest
2011-11-08, 01:38 PM

Your DM decides you can take an Exalted feat, you do some fluff ritual where you do anything from carving some runes into the dirt with a stick to watching a gigantic diamond disappear as your god claims it from the altar you place it on, and you get it next time a feat slot opens up.

Psyren
2011-11-08, 01:38 PM
You have to ask your DM, just like you would with any feat you would take at his table. Honestly, I'd be more prone to require permission for Invisible Spell than anything in BoED.

Not sure what you want us to tell you; yes, everything on your sheet requires DM approval. Welcome to tabletop gaming.

Yorae
2011-11-08, 02:00 PM
You have to ask your DM, just like you would with any feat you would take at his table. Honestly, I'd be more prone to require permission for Invisible Spell than anything in BoED.

Not sure what you want us to tell you; yes, everything on your sheet requires DM approval. Welcome to tabletop gaming.

I realize everything is subject to DM approval and I'm all about some refluffing - this just didn't seem like it was entirely fluff. I read "only as a gift" as mechanical in nature. I suppose you could say your deity saw fit to grace you with X ability and be done with it.

Fax Celestis
2011-11-08, 02:07 PM
If it required special requirements, don't you think those would be listed in the "Prerequisites" line?

Yorae
2011-11-08, 02:15 PM
If it required special requirements, don't you think those would be listed in the "Prerequisites" line?

It's specified by the [Exalted] tag, I imagine.

That's a good question though - are there any other feat types where the tag (or feat type, or... what exactly DO you call that thing?) implies a specific requirement or other rule? I think the "can only take one at first level" for [Regional] and [Ancestor] feats is always spelled out in a "Special:" block. I can't think of any others.

Psyren
2011-11-08, 02:20 PM
I realize everything is subject to DM approval and I'm all about some refluffing - this just didn't seem like it was entirely fluff. I read "only as a gift" as mechanical in nature. I suppose you could say your deity saw fit to grace you with X ability and be done with it.

It's too nebulous to be entirely mechanical. Your character could take a vow in his bedroom, or while visiting Celestia, or in front of that Lantern Archon she (or someone else even) summoned as backup. She could also suddenly start sprouting stigmata, or be Favored by the Companions after they monitored her behavior for some time, or simply receive an Ancestral Relic from her grandfather. You could even discover the secrets of Purify Spell or Intuitive Attack through nothing more than contemplation.

The book tells you to ask your DM because the feats are intended for goody-goody characters. The DM then has the right to examine your actions (past and proposed) and decide if you're worthy or not.

It's specified by the [Exalted] tag, I imagine.

That's a good question though - are there any other feat types where the tag (or feat type, or... what exactly DO you call that thing?) implies a specific requirement or other rule? I think the "can only take one at first level" for [Regional] and [Ancestor] feats is always spelled out in a "Special:" block. I can't think of any others.

[Psionic]. You need the subtype to take them.