PDA

View Full Version : Non-Enhancement WIS bonus.

NOhara24
2011-11-08, 02:17 PM
The party cleric is looking for a WIS bonus. Normally it wouldn't be an issue, except she's already got a permanency'd Owl's Insight. And by way of DM fiat, it scales to her level so she doesn't have to have it re-cast and re-permanency'd every time she levels up.

Is there any way that she could potentially stack more on top of it? Normally, I wouldn't be going out of my way to help with making a Tier 1 character even more powerful, but her other ability scores are pretty terrible, so she's basically a Wizard in full-plate.

We're level 10, if that helps. Her original WIS score was 14 (her highest roll) and by a homebrew system we managed to get it up to 16. Currently, it's at 21. Any ideas?

Cruiser1
2011-11-08, 02:23 PM
Outside of the insight bonus (covered by Owl's Insight) and common enhancement bonuses, cast Greater Visage of the Deity (SpC) for a +4 untyped bonus to WIS.

Psyren
2011-11-08, 02:28 PM
5x Wish/Miracle for +5 inherent (or Tome of Understanding (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/magicItems/wondrousItems.htm#tomeofUnderstanding) if you have more money than XP to burn and Magic Mart is open for business.)

Drelua
2011-11-08, 02:32 PM
Here's a pretty full list of bonuses to Ability Scores:
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=13134.0

Dr.Epic
2011-11-08, 02:35 PM
Well, VoP does grant ability boosts at certain levels, though it's a bit much just for the bonus especially for a caster that can wear heavy armor.

Tenebris
2011-11-08, 02:54 PM
Well, VoP does grant ability boosts at certain levels, though it's a bit much just for the bonus especially for a caster that can wear heavy armor.

IIRC, it's an enhancement bonus and won't stack with the Owl's Insight :P

NOhara24
2011-11-08, 03:13 PM
Outside of the insight bonus (covered by Owl's Insight) and common enhancement bonuses, cast Greater Visage of the Deity (SpC) for a +4 untyped bonus to WIS.

Wait, Owl's insight is an insight bonus? ...That makes me sound dumb, I know. But could you do me a giant favor and point out which book it's in so I can re-confirm? Because if that's the case, I'll just point her in the direction of the Periapt of Wisdom, because it would stack with Owl's Insight.

Randomguy
2011-11-08, 03:19 PM
It's in spell compedium.

NOhara24
2011-11-08, 03:23 PM
Thanks so much all. That's a huge help.