PDA

View Full Version : Necro cheese

lorddrake
2011-11-08, 02:46 PM
I have two questions for an interesting concept.

1st. Where can I find Dvati? (That race that is twin-like something)

2nd. How can I cheese to the roof the controlled HD of undead using Svati dread necromancer whithout the leadership cheese (so no dread necromancer cohorts)? What is the top HD? What is the most optimal build?

Assuming lvl18 anything goes (except leadershiping another clerics/dread necros, etc.)

Keld Denar
2011-11-08, 02:50 PM
Dvati are in the Dragon Compendium (Volume 1).

As far as maxing out # of HD, there are a few options, most of which are outlined in K's Revised Necromancer's Handbook (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872726/Revised_Necromancer_Handbook).

lorddrake
2011-11-08, 02:52 PM
Another question. I could double the HD of the undead being a Dvati?

JaronK
2011-11-08, 02:58 PM
If you want maxed out undead minions in a way that's "cheesy" try being Spellstitched (requires being undead, Necropolitan is best) and getting Animate Dread Warrior as a spell like ability (so it doesn't cost exp when you cast it). Now raise every decent humanoid you find dead. They come back with class levels, and there's no cap.

JaronK

deuxhero
2011-11-08, 03:24 PM
What exactly are zombie bacteria going to do? >_>

As a note on the above, its not as DMG worthy as it sounds, as the fluff has an NPC doing it.

lorddrake
2011-11-08, 05:08 PM
If you want maxed out undead minions in a way that's "cheesy" try being Spellstitched (requires being undead, Necropolitan is best) and getting Animate Dread Warrior as a spell like ability (so it doesn't cost exp when you cast it). Now raise every decent humanoid you find dead. They come back with class levels, and there's no cap.

JaronK

Thank you, but I wanted the ability to raise a lot (I mean army-like) of weak undead (hence the HD cheese), and an army of undead with class level would be a little too much to the group.

What exactly are zombie bacteria going to do? >_>

As a note on the above, its not as DMG worthy as it sounds, as the fluff has an NPC doing it.

So. I just came up with this idea a while now. My players are going to be facing a minor goddess of suffering who has a champion and some generals... And I thought that maybe the Dvati twins could be an interesting general of sorts... But it's just a hypothesis that came up while I read a thread about this race.

No virus, sorry, deuxhero. Just some wizard doing it...:smallamused:

deuxhero
2011-11-08, 06:03 PM
The "zombie bacteria" was a joke directed at the "Necro cheese" title.

JaronK
2011-11-08, 06:05 PM
Thank you, but I wanted the ability to raise a lot (I mean army-like) of weak undead (hence the HD cheese), and an army of undead with class level would be a little too much to the group.

So, be a Dread Necromancer, boost your Charisma. That's about all there is to it. Making them stronger just requires feats like Corpse Crafter and remembering to Desecrate an Evil Altar before raising them.

JaronK

lorddrake
2011-11-08, 06:16 PM
The "zombie bacteria" was a joke directed at the "Necro cheese" title.

Ow! I got it now. lol.

Thank you guys for the help!