PDA

View Full Version : AVB - Triton

Lokio
2011-11-08, 02:53 PM
You have no idea about the war-torn Docks. Best go ask some questions of folks seeing as there's no info about the docks public.

(OOC: You have no knowledge of anything Tyndmyr knew. Remember that.)

Tyndmyr
2011-11-08, 03:12 PM
[OOC: could have sworn it was public info, my bad]

Wandering into the nearest tavern of apparently seedy proportions, Triton attempts to chat up the locals in search of quick ways to deal violence in return for funds. Legality is a matter of little importance to him in this.

Lokio
2011-11-08, 05:08 PM
You'll want to make a gather information check if you're doing it broadly. You may also consider doing a gather information check to find places you might be able to actually GET this information without being narc'd to the five-oh.

Tyndmyr
2011-11-22, 01:00 PM
OOC: Sorry for delay, been nuts recently. Of the publicly available things, is there any way to know which ones are run by you, in order to avoid confusion as much as possible?

Triton wanders into the closest tavern, debates the wisdom of trying to advertise himself explicitly as an amoral killer in a strange town, and comes to the conclusion that he'd be best off keeping that at least a bit under wraps. He'll not turn down an illegal offer if it arises, certainly, but asking for one is a bit suspicious.

Gather Information:[roll0]

Lokio
2011-12-17, 02:11 PM
In [roll0] hours you don't learn much, but you do learn that the Sad Flint sometimes has work for those who know how to ask the right questions and pay the right people.

OOC: Not back for 3 more days but I have a minute to do updates.

Tyndmyr
2011-12-22, 11:56 AM
OOC: Good to see you've had a bit more free time open up. =) I'm sure it's hectic what with keeping up with the massive submission list!

"Hmm, the Sad Flint. Sounds like a lovely place." I saunter in and order a mug of the cheapest ale. If that doesn't shout "wizard for hire", I don't know what does. While enjoying my cold and possibly refreshing beverage, I survey the contents of the inn.

Lokio
2011-12-22, 03:36 PM
The interior of the Sad Flint is quite crowded. People are coming and going all over the rather large barroom. Patrons of any possible description abound, most content to drink the beers in their hands. No one bothers to turn their head when yet another patron walks in. The atmosphere of the place is slightly dingy, but comfortable.

A lone half-giant is serving as the bartender at the long bar across from the entrance. Round tables with an average of four chairs each litter the common area, although several have borrowed chairs from others nearby. More than half of them seem occupied by patrons of some description and number. A pair of armored bouncers guard a double door along the west wall.

Barmaids of many different races weave in and out of the traffic, delivering food and drinks, as well as picking up empty crockery and more than a few pick-up lines.

Tyndmyr
2011-12-23, 12:57 PM
Finding my way to the bar, I try to catch the bartender's eye when he's got a minute. If anyone knows the clientele here, it'll likely be him.

Lokio
2011-12-26, 01:25 AM
You catch his eye. He says, "What can I get for you, mate?"

Tyndmyr
2011-12-27, 10:35 AM
"A drink if you please. Also, I'm new in town, and I'm looking for work. You wouldn't happen to know anyone I might talk to about this, would you?"

Lokio
2012-01-01, 02:50 PM
The half-giant says slyly, "I could always use more dishwashers in the back, or did you mean the kind of work that is spoken of quietly to people who buy some of the fine gnomish whisky?"

The whisky is 30g a shot.

Tyndmyr
2012-01-04, 01:22 PM
I grin,, and slide the coins over the table discreetly. "Why, the fine gnomish whiskey kind, of course."

Lokio
2012-01-06, 08:11 PM
He slides you a shot of whiskey. It is the finest whiskey you have ever tasted in your entire freaking life. It also cost you the average annual wage for most peasants.

He also slides you a token with a kitten on it and points at the back. "See that door with the two guards on it? Why don't you go give that to them and say, 'Goliaths are the finest of all creatures in the world'."

Tyndmyr
2012-01-12, 09:27 AM
I accept the token, nodding my thanks, and making a special mental note of just how fantastic this whiskey is in case I strike it rich.

I wander back towards the door, flipping the token idly in my hand, and politely repeat the passphrase to the doormen.

Lokio
2012-01-14, 07:58 PM
The men chuckle at you, but let you past. Inside, there is a dwarf at a desk who says, "Ahh, another adventurer? Fantastic." He speaks quite quickly, you notice, and he slides you a form. "Sign this. Standard non-disclosure agreement."

Tyndmyr
2012-01-19, 02:53 PM
A grin spreads across my face, and say "Ah, it's good to see some order in this place, I've been away from civilization for too long", as I pick up the form and read it from start to finish.

Lokio
2012-02-01, 04:57 PM
It looks like a standard non-disclosure agreement... but you'd need a lawyer to go over it for you to sift through the legalese for anything hidden. You definately get the sense that if you disclose what you see here, you will be in serious trouble.

Tyndmyr
2012-02-02, 03:40 PM
I sign with a flourish, and respond, "Ah, now for the good bit. What deeds might you be needing done, eh?"

Tyndmyr
2012-02-20, 03:29 PM
*bump, on account of it not showing in my subscriptions as though I updated it*